World cup finals 2010......

bobby kemp

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, anyone but England or possibly France now

Not sure what my feelings are on the new seedings. I dont think that they are usually split into continents like that at the finals? Anyone know the rationale behind that?

I would love to see Spain to it. They play great football and are generally exciting to watch.

I would like one of the African teams to at least reach the final, or better win it, as that would make it more interesting and something a bit different. Spain v Brazil in the final is probably more likely.

I fancy Ivory Coast's chances of doing pretty well, with the USA perhaps an outside bet considering how well they did in the Confederations Cup.

Put your money on england, they have already won it due to reaction down here last night, already got £100 bets that they dont get past the q/finals.

The front page headline of The Sun yesterday was...

England

Algeria

Slovenia

Yanks

...which is probably as good an example as I've ever seen of why so many non-English people (myself included) really want to see them fail. The (mis-placed) arrogance of the printed press down here really is sickening - although it was at least heartening to see the pundits on Football Focus and Gary Lineker on Match of the Day both taking the piss out of the press reaction. I think most genuine English football people and fans don't really share The Sun's attitude, in my experience at least. They won't win it anyway, so there's nothing to worry about.:)