World cup finals 2010......

bobby kemp

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, home advantage gives the team something else, doing it in front of mostly our own fans in your own country. So South Africa will raise their game, but I think Uruguay are a strong side.

Wait til you see, it'll be 2-0 South Africa now I've went for Uruguay.

Anyway, 2:15am here again, need to head off and be tired at work all day again tomorrow. Cheers the now.

that scouse t*** on bbc just made reference to river plate when talking about uruguay. River plate is in argentina. Can we get people who don't just talk out there erse. Poor show

Wrong, he said the Battle of River Plate which has connection to the Uraguian Captital, mark was right!!

What a goal by forlan

Bollocks it was. If the ball hadn't hit the defender that shot was miles over the bar. The deflection took the pace off the ball and it looped over the goalie. A shite lucky goal.

Also, the Uraguayans are a team of cheating divers any time an opponent breathes on them.

Smudge

Bollocks it was. If the ball hadn't hit the defender that shot was miles over the bar. The deflection took the pace off the ball and it looped over the goalie. A shite lucky goal.

Also, the Uraguayans are a team of cheating divers any time an opponent breathes on them.

Smudge

Disagree with that though the SA players were aggressive and thugish at some points Suvarez lost a tooth!!!

Some great football mixed with great tackles, fastly gaining my support do they are.

Well sort of seen all the 32 teams in some way or other and stilstick to my pre tournament view that the latin teams look best with Holland plus Germany would be strong. Spain were disappointing but ultra defensive teams can beat positive good sides occasionally as we have seen at SJFC now and then e.g. St.Mirren, but it makes things interesting.

It's been a bit disappointing on the field to date but gighlights have been the cast of the Godfather acting as the Argentinian management team :):cool:, star player with good rhythm and great balance - Desmond Tutu, Chile (best wee team), the worts team New Zealand stealing a point, and Vuvuzelas which I think 5000 Saints fans in the East Stand should each purchase for the new season so that we don't hear the OF fans when they come.

Not that exiting but should improve in the 2nd lot of games as we seen from Uruguay upping their game as others probably will with more open games, hopefully.

Let's give Algeria a bit of credit here, they played some excellent possession football and moved the ball about quickly and with purpose throughout the game. Without ever looking like they would score. However you can be sure England will now come back and play a single quality match against Slovenia and go through to the last 16. At which point they will all be heroes again. :laugh: