Refunds........

MUZZ

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think under the sale of goods act if Saints sold you the tickets that they are liable for the refunds, and should then seek redress from Falkirk themselves.

totally agree, we didnt have to go to falkirk to buy the tickets, we bought them at mcdiarmid park

i assume saints were acting as agents for falkirk in the selling of the tickets

obviously if reports are correct and saints have forwarded the monies to falkirk

then its more complicated

can see the two clubs not admitting liability for refunds and this not getting sorted

the losers once again will be us fans

Why are Saints so efficiant . If it was the other way round Falkirk would be holding on to the money for a month.

Surely there was some way of identifying the free tickets. All they needed to do was use a hole punch or something. I know they didnt expect the game to be off but for a game at this time of year !.

Shafted again, so we have to run the risk of tickets lost in the post or delayed due to the weather, thus a further wait.

Payment will be made via a cheque I assume, that will then take a further to your bank then a further 7 days to cash.

Total shambles from start to finish.

Shafted again, so we have to run the risk of tickets lost in the post or delayed due to the weather, thus a further wait.

Payment will be made via a cheque I assume, that will then take a further to your bank then a further 7 days to cash.

and can only be sent in once a re-arranged date is announced.........

Terms and conditions printed on the ticket do not trump the sale of goods act. Everyone who bought a ticket from Saints who wants a refund (because they can't attend the rearranged fixture) is entitled by law to demand it from Saints.

Whether the club like it or not they entered into a contract with you when they sold you the ticket and accepted your money. Their arrangement with Falkirk is irrelevant to the purchaser of the ticket.

Short of the legall implications of the Sale of Goods Act, what more could be done? People don't want to go to Falkirk for a refund (rightly so) so surely posting tickets and getting a cheque is all that's left?

Not been good but it's becoming moaning for the sake of moaning.

Good point but surely you would have to wait until there was a date for the re arranged fixture.

In theory refunds should be made in a 'reasonable' amount of time, which should normally be taken as within 28 days of the cancellation of the original fixture, as that is when the contract made by the seller was not met.

Recorded delivery is only £1 more than a stamp.

How many tickets were sold? around 900? Every fan should be going to the rearranged game.

All the worry and moaning is from the minority of the 900 tickets sold. The majority will be going.

I dont understand people trying to make a quick buck either, FFC would read this and will only just make it more awkward for you to obtain a refund?

Spare tickets can be sold to fellow saints fans and just get your cash back. Get posting on Gumtree now, get posting on the forum now, a thread has already started. Spread the word.

Why are Perth people worrying moaning fookers?

Terms and conditions printed on the ticket do not trump the sale of goods act. Everyone who bought a ticket from Saints who wants a refund (because they can't attend the rearranged fixture) is entitled by law to demand it from Saints.

Whether the club like it or not they entered into a contract with you when they sold you the ticket and accepted your money. Their arrangement with Falkirk is irrelevant to the purchaser of the ticket.

The money has been passed to falkirk as saints were only acting as an agent for them. If you buy the ticket are you not agreeing to the terms and conditions that are incorporated within that ticket? If what you are saying is correct then why bother have terms and conditions? if the sale of goods act or whatever it is now known as.

Do we not have to show some common sense here. Why would we who are all SAINTS FANS start quoting the law at our own Club, Saints have advised of the terms and conditions that are on the tickets.

Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1995 (as revised) relates to the purchase of a tangible product which must meet the required standards of that product. In this instance the product you bought was a ticket, nothing more. The ticket entitles you to attend a football match but you did not buy the rights to the match therefore your argument is flawed.

If the ticket you bought had been fake or was not the correct one then yes, the Act would have some precedence but I am afraid you will not get anywhere with it in this instance.

You will also find that St Johnstone FC are not the recipients of the money and were acting as agents of Falkirk FC and not taking commission therefore any challenge you have must be made to the principle, in this case Falkirk FC.

Don't forget that you did not have to buy the tickets from St Johnstone FC as there was a cash gate on the day.

Edited by Kevin

Why are moaning fookers moaning about other moaning fookers.

Football fans will continue to be treated differently (like sh*te) if the moaning fookers don't keep moaning and try and get something done about it.

What are you wanting done on this thread? are you not going to the rearranged game because youre in the huff? It is the minority who can not attend, and they will get the money refunded in due course. simple as that. This thread on refunds is not complicated in all honesty.

What are you wanting done on this thread? are you not going to the rearranged game because youre in the huff? It is the minority who can not attend, and they will get the money refunded in due course. simple as that. This thread on refunds is not complicated in all honesty.

just replying to the "moaning fookers" comment.

I never mentioned anything to you about refunds.

it is not complicated in all honesty.

I agree Dave, look at the Dundee Utd v Rangers game where Rangers fans were asked to cough up a second time to see the match, albeit at half price. Falkirtk could have just said tough if you can't get to the re-arranged fixture then you have lost out. As for the 3 for 2 discussion. I do not thin kthey will quibble about it but will just pay it out as they will expect the Saints fans to be honest about this, as would I, although reading through this thread it seems there are a few quite happy to rip off Falkirk over this. Just imagine if another club did that to us, the forum would be in melt-down with the outrage and blood lust!! :roll: