#25 - 30/01/10 - Saints 1-0 Hearts - SPL

Did you just get a knock back from someone again and are now looking for an arguement or are the happy pills wearing off. You have come on and posted quickly on 3 different topics, saying:

Del will get the midfield wrong and the strikers right for wed and we will lose

Players will be sick that Del has wasters like Sheridan and Sheerin get on before may

Del played mackay out of position for weeks

Well spotted! Controversial stuff, eh?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what your getting at. He's got an agreement that he can leave at any time. I don't think there's any significance today. It was just regular time-wasting.

That contradicts what del said the other week. What he said then was taht due to the number of games no one would be going anywhere unless it was right for the club and he had told Sheerin, Swankie and Mclean that.

As Radford says I think that was maybe a final few minutes as a Saints player for sheerin today.

On your first point, I would suggest its the centre back pairing that is making us solid.

On your second point, there is proof we dont always disagree. :laugh:

It's a unit. If the full backs play badly, the centre halves will look ragged; the converse is equally true. Irvine and Grainger are both coming into form at a good point in the season and both are young enough to improve. Ando, Garts and Mackay are all excellent defenders and all good organisers. Things will be good until Dinky comes back in to create panic.

One criticism of Irvine today was he left his post at a corner. He got away with it, but it was poor stuff.

That contradicts what del said the other week. What he said then was taht due to the number of games no one would be going anywhere unless it was right for the club and he had told Sheerin, Swankie and Mclean that.

As Radford says I think that was maybe a final few minutes as a Saints player for sheerin today.

I think your first paragraph is "paper talk". It's well known that Sheerin is free to go. There are issues with letting Swankie go. McLean can just feck off. A worse signing may never be made.

delighted with the 3 points, scrappy game i thought but thought we were always the better team and controlled most of it, created a good few chances and should of had the game wrapped up.

irvine did well, really hope he picks it up from here on.

murray d done well, thought he was the driving force behind us in the attack and felt at times he was the difference between the 2 teams going forward.

dont know what millar was playing at the day. disappointed again with sheridan.

savo should be ashamed of himself for that dive in the box near the end, truly awful stuff to see

get a grip pal millar was superb today

Forgot he can do no wrong in some peoples eyes, he was below par today without doubt
Pass Marks today. Points of play that spring to mind;

Hitting the byline twice and whipping in decent cross (beating man in progress) - Point of critiscm from me earlier in season.

Decent Attacking position twice, one despatched first time shot other time almost put Savo in.

He is now starting to deliver consistently. I wasnt sure about him earlier in the campaign but is starting to warrant the right sides slot, even at the expense of Sir Swanks :cry::sad:

I was quite happy with the performance yesterday, considering Hearts had just appointed a local hero and we were missing our captain and arguably our best player in Morris.

Really glad for Deuchar, another decent performance and glad he capped it with a goal. Think his partnership with Savo, rather than Sammy is also helping.

Grainger was my personal mom, he barely put a foot wrong and dealt with their useless winger. I've said many a time I don't think he is good enough, but credit where credit is due- he had a cracking game.

Thought Davidson and Moon had a good shift in the middle, with Muzz's tackling a particular highlight. Moon wasn't as impressive as some of his outings this season, but nonetheless got pass marks. Millar had a few akward moments, but did well on the whole.

Hearts were very poor, with no spark at all until Driver came on. A useless team. Jeffries also made a huge mistake at the start of the second half in changing the full-backs around. Millar was getting tons of space and we would of got success from it eventually, if it had not been for Jeffries recognising his mistake.

Good 3 points and a clean sheet.

Pass Marks today. Points of play that spring to mind;

Hitting the byline twice and whipping in decent cross (beating man in progress) - Point of critiscm from me earlier in season.

Decent Attacking position twice, one despatched first time shot other time almost put Savo in.

He is now starting to deliver consistently. I wasnt sure about him earlier in the campaign but is starting to warrant the right sides slot, even at the expense of Sir Swanks :cry::sad:

Almost put in savo?? If it the 1 I'm thinking of usain bolt wouldn't have got near it, it was a simple thru ball well over hit.

For me his performance was inconsistant, good 1 minute bad the next, too many wayward passes, picked a stupid booking and got stuck in possession too often.

I was pleased to see him stick at it and not hide out on the wing and he did get involved as much as he could. Needs to take the ball forward more when outwide

been lurking around here for ages now, thought now was as good a time as many to make a first post.

Thought yesterdays match was pretty poor but Saints never looked in any danger of losing, we were the stronger team throughout. Always of course delighted to see saints score, but even more so to see Deuchar finally getting an spl goal for us, he deserves it, and when Grainger got the ball out wide there was only ever gonna be one outcome.

My only gripe is Sheridan, he looked totally uninterested when he came on, had 2 woeful shots that were more like pass backs, Ill give him the benefit of the doubt for the shot that hit the post though as the angle may have been a bit tight.

Dave Mackay gave another solid performance and is becoming one of Dels most important signings, one of the few players who gives a consistent performance week in week out(although some may disagree)

Overall very happy with a vital 3 points!

Well done Kenny for getting that first SPL goal. I thought his performance overall yesterday was good. Also thought Mooner and Muzz had really good games.

Hearts were dreadful though and had they taken anything from the game with that chance in injury time it would have been criminal. Saints could have and probably should have buried them well before then.

Is Peaso injured again? I noticed him warming up before the game but I don't think he was out at half time and don't think he was warming up on the touchline during the 2nd half???

was very impressed by Driver hwne he came on, apart from him hearts are guff, how they got into the top 6 is beyond me, only Stewart can create anything, everything they did well went through him, and that wasnt alot!!

Good performance, if only we had two or three peasos and we'd be well up the league

Driver was something else, he's the fastest player I've seen since Eagles, who is nippy even by Premiership standards!

Just back! I though Hearts were woeful but we never really allowed them to play anyway apart from a frenetic last 5 minutes. Jeffries has his work cut out. Millar was just my MoM as he never stopped running but it could have been a few others. The relief and pleasure on the Docs face was pretty evident as was the joy of all Saints players. He deserved his standing ovation when subbed. MacKay impressed me and Muzz continues to mature as well. Smiths kicking was excellent. Only disappointment for me continues to be Moon who looks a little lost at times and the appearance of Sheridan who, at first sight, should be more commanding with the size of him.

Was that a farewell cameo appearance by Paul Sheerin by the way?

Edited by StDuncM

Just back! I though Hearts were woeful but we never really allowed them to play anyway apart from a frenetic last 5 minutes. Jeffries has his work cut out. Millar was just my MoM as he never stopped running but it could have been a few others. The relief and pleasure on the Docs face was pretty evident as was the joy of all Saints players. He deserved his standing ovation when subbed. Davidson impressed me again and continues to mature as well. Smiths kicking was excellent. Only disappointment for me continues to be Moon who looks a little lost at times and the appearance of Sheridan who, at first sight, should be more commanding with the size of him.

Was that a farewell cameo appearance by Paul Sheerin by the way?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Agree with most of the rest, though.

Forgot he can do no wrong in some peoples eyes, he was below par today without doubt

Never been his biggest fan but he was excellent yesterday. You only need to watch the highlights back to watch how many times he put Savo in the clear with some great passing. Looking like a real good player now.