Treatment by stewards etc

themole

It is down to the Stewards/Polices discretion as to how the rules are imposed. Thats how it works at the football and in all walks of life. Fair or unfair its the way it is and you should accept it as its an arguement that will never be won. If they chose to throw people out for standing then that is their decision. If they choose to allow the away fans to stand, that is their decision.
Post of the week candidate.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the first OF visit and the moans about "They stand up all game". Yesterday was nothing. Do people really think that risk wise it is worth sending in 1 steward or 1 polis demanding that 1700 half gut weedgies sit. I think alot of people need a reality check. As for having more stewards/polis, that will soon dig into the matchday gate.

It is down to the Stewards/Polices discretion as to how the rules are imposed. Thats how it works at the football and in all walks of life. Fair or unfair its the way it is and you should accept it as its an arguement that will never be won. If they chose to throw people out for standing then that is their decision. If they choose to allow the away fans to stand, that is their decision.

I believe the stewards have NO discretion. They are given a set of rules to be policed vigourously. That they CHOOSE to ignore some parts of there remit is a failing on their part..or lack of bottle to take on the away fans..

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

If saints are being pressed by the licensing authorities to stop standing at grounds and to get stewards to enforce it it is not the stewards fault.

everyone knows the rules at the ground so there is no reason for the stewards to actually get involved, just sit in your seat.

well said that man

If saints are being pressed by the licensing authorities to stop standing at grounds and to get stewards to enforce it it is not the stewards fault.

everyone knows the rules at the ground so there is no reason for the stewards to actually get involved, just sit in your seat.

Everyone knows robbery, stealing, fraud, speeding, flashing etc etc etc are against the rules so why don't people just not do it???

You're a bigger fud than young Dylan....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

well said that man

You need to make your mind up. One post you say if the police let the opposition fans stand up then we should accept it but you want Saints fans to follow the rukes and sit down? That is what is known as discrimination and pretty sure its illegal in any walk of life.

This thread and other recent threads are the reason why there were only 3300 saints fans at the first home game of the season.Prices should reflect the product on and off the park, and hoofing the ball up the park instead of sexy soccer on the deck will send a couple of hundred into the town with there other halfs next home game.They should be bringing there other halfs with them and there kids.Who if under 8 should be FREE . Then they may not mind spending £5(each) on a wee peice of bread with a sausage on it and some flat coke.

I can't wait for the first OF visit and the moans about "They stand up all game". Yesterday was nothing. Do people really think that risk wise it is worth sending in 1 steward or 1 polis demanding that 1700 half gut weedgies sit. I think alot of people need a reality check. As for having more stewards/polis, that will soon dig into the matchday gate.

Chill man...

Away and have some fresh Baileys!

Apparently the stewards were trying to get the Dons fans to sit down - but every time the stewards/police moved towards the 'offenders', they would start up a chant of "stand up for the Aberdeen" - causing the majority of the stand to be on their feet and the police having the options of either letting it go or arresting/ejecting hundreds of fans in the one go. Maybe it's a tactic the East Stand should adopt in future..?

It's all a minority issue.

Because our support is not as vocal or abusive etc, as everyone else then the "security" deem it ok to potentially use bully tactics to stop people standing etc.

Policing the situation is better than actually trying to stop it. If everone stands up then let them as they do not break any health and safety regulations. Everyone stands up to cheer at goals and everyone stands up to leave at the end of the game.

Managing what is happening is better than anything else really.

You need to make your mind up. One post you say if the police let the opposition fans stand up then we should accept it but you want Saints fans to follow the rukes and sit down? That is what is known as discrimination and pretty sure its illegal in any walk of life.

I would like everyone to sit down but each situation must be assessed on its own merits which, I would imagine, is why the old firm are allowed to stand throughout the game. As has been said before, alot of people stand just to get a rise out of the stewards. These morons should be given one warning then booted.

my issue on this is, is about the double standards that we get at mcdairmid park week in week out by the security staff. I dnt want to stand the whole game, im quite happy to sit down. my issue is that as soon as any of the east stand is standing for any length of time the usual g4s security are up telling you to sit down or go out. but on saturday the aberdeen fans were permitted to stand for long periods of time. when u ask security about it u just get told its not our problem. its not our stand dnt worry about it. this is totally unfair its simple if we dnt sit down we get thrown out but they are allowed to stand, if the opposition support aint going to sit then oppisition fans should be thrown out too. at times on saturday the security staff in the north stand could be seen standing at the exit areas doing nothing, yet 3 g4s security staff were telling the group at the front of the east stand to sit.

The point is the majority of Stewards at McDiarmid are just doing a part-time bit of work at the weekend for some extra pennies. As well as the turn over of people employed by these companies is massive! So what do they care if away fans are allowed to stand and home fans not?

They sure as hell aren't going to loose any sleep over having someone chucked out.

Just sit in yer seat and watch the game instead of stressing over something that, in my opinion will never change.

While we are on about stewards, I'm afraid I lost it a bit with one on Saturday. We came up to a big queue at the East Stand about 2.40pm. There was a mixture of season ticket holders and pay at the gate fans. In my view the stewards should have been encouraging people to filter into the correct queues and to move down to other gates which were quieter. Instead they (and the police) just stood there like vegetables no doubt on the look out for a handbag with a fruitshoot in it so they can come all high and mighty with some poor innocent trying to ensure their offspring remain well hydrated!:evil:

If afraid to say your wrong. the stadium has rules the stewards make sure those rules are adhered to

Kevin or someone from the club might be in a better position to state what Stewards can and cannot do at Football matches.......My understanding is that they are NOT allowed to search people entering the ground BUT can refuse to admit that person unless they agree to such a search (catch 22 really if true).

Powers within the ground can include ejecting supporters BOTH Home and Away if they stand or cause a nuisance BUT the stewards are reluctant to do so and will request that attending Police officers do so.

Think most Stewards are reluctant to tell OF fans or Large away crowds to remain seated for fear of getting a punch in the face etc.

They are employed by Saints - who are obliged to carry out safety measures in terms of their SPL or SFL status......Hence the reason for ALL SEATER stadia.........the biggest gripe tho is "why do some get away with standing and others dont".

We have certainly got some great new specimens for Ghostie to play with this season.

Came in through the gate and as usual gave the tickets to the steward & along comes a second steward who asks him what they are - his response was 'I don't know, I was just told to collect them' :roll:

2nd steward then notices the ones they have gathered from the Aberdeen fans are for the north stand so asks head steward what they should do - classic response was shrug of shoulders and ignore it:roll::roll:

We have certainly got some great new specimens for Ghostie to play with this season.

Came in through the gate and as usual gave the tickets to the steward & along comes a second steward who asks him what they are - his response was 'I don't know, I was just told to collect them' :roll:

2nd steward then notices the ones they have gathered from the Aberdeen fans are for the north stand so asks head steward what they should do - classic response was shrug of shoulders and ignore it:roll::roll:

Marvellous stuff:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: