#14 - 06/11/10 - Saints 0-3 Kilmarnock - SPL

slf

yer all too pre occuppied with other matters ,have you all forgot we are at home this saturday.the ghost has fecked off and quit ,so unfortunately i will have to step in the once.i will be doggone what team we are going to put out.but up the saints feck the OF and lets get right intae the killie pie munchers.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yer all too pre occuppied with other matters ,have you all forgot we are at home this saturday.the ghost has fecked off and quit ,so unfortunately i will have to step in the once.i will be doggone what team we are going to put out.but up the saints feck the OF and lets get right intae the killie pie munchers.

Racist!:razz:

Looking forward to this game. Was chatting to a Jambo friend of mine who was at the game last week and he said Killie play nice football but are not very direct. Basically said they were like Falkirk/Hibs - can pass the ball around all day but if you defend well they are pretty toothless. He said they defended poorly and gifted the first 2 goals but he said if we go in and rough them up then we will do well.

Should be interesting to watch the contrasting styles and I suspect we will come out on top - C'mon the Saints!!!

If we don't win this, and I mean comfortably, lets all greet and spit out our dummies and say that Del must go and that being in the SPL in a comfortable yet potentially precarious position is not proper for the players of a wee club from Perth.

And even if we win lets pick as many faults as we can with his starting line up/formation because lets be honest we should be splitting the old firm by now :wink:

so

Smith

Ando - Superdave - Doobs - Maybury

Sammy - Wee Chris - Muzz - Liam

Parkin - Peaso

I'd prefer to see Mackay out on the right and Anderson in at centre half - Doobs talking him through the game and not being raped at right back by being exposed by Sammy/JMW or whoever McInnes plays out on the right ...

I'd like to see Haber and Peaso start up front, no denying Parkin has been doing well but feel we are needing a bit more pace up front. Peaso would be a good replacement for Grainger with his freekicks too - lets hope he's been practicing :wink:

Looking forward to this game. Was chatting to a Jambo friend of mine who was at the game last week and he said Killie play nice football but are not very direct. Basically said they were like Falkirk/Hibs - can pass the ball around all day but if you defend well they are pretty toothless. He said they defended poorly and gifted the first 2 goals but he said if we go in and rough them up then we will do well.

Should be interesting to watch the contrasting styles and I suspect we will come out on top - C'mon the Saints!!!

I agree with a lot of this and that's similar to my impression of Killie this season too. They seem to be playing with a front three, often using the presence of Sammon to compliment flair players like Eremenko, Silva and Taouil.

You only need to look at guys like Bryson, Pascali and Hamill though to know they will have a work ethic and a bit of dig about them as well though. It will be a contrast of styles though and it'll be be up to us to not let them settle.

I'd actually play Anderson at left back and keep Maybury on the right. Would be great if Morris and Davidson were back but I think it's important at least one of them is there as I feel Liam Craig struggles in the centre at this level and is much more effective on the left. Would be surprised if Parkin didn't come back in up front and would be happy enough to see Samuel alongside him if Morris and Davidson return but if not, probably have Samuel on the right and go again with Jackson up top.

Smith

Maybury - Duberry - Mackay - Anderson

Millar/Samuel - Morris/Millar - Davidson - Craig

Parkin - Jackson

Subbies: Enckelman, Rutkiewicz, Haber, MacDonald, Caddis, May, Myrie-Williams.

Not sold on Maybury in midfield but if Morris and Davidson are out then I'd probably rather try that than go with Craig in there again. Mackay would shift to right back with Rutkiewicz coming into the defence.

If they had not had that great result at Hearts last weekend I would have been very confident going into this one as out with the Celtic results we are on a good run of form and Killie had not had a good result for a few weeks.

A win on Saturday and the first round of games will have resulted in a good return from the first round of games. I would think our target will be 12-15 points per round of games and with all the teams out with the old firm taking points off each other that would set us up well for the rest of the season.

We have a great record this season against teams in the bottom six (3 wins and only 1 defeat thus far) and I would hope we would keep this going on Saturday.

Following on the theme of the week I wonder if the former owners of this dog will be among the travelling support from Kilmarnock this week. :roll:

bullet-from-the-scheme-image-1-7404512.jpg