Brechin away

The ghost of Jim Morton

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not but I have history with the Brechin keeper, Craig Nelson. I was at a Partick Thistle Vs Hearts game at Firhill in March 95 which was abandoned due to heavy snow. During the blizzard, me and a mate began launching snowballs at Nelson and I skelped him to rapturous applause from the Thistle fans. This was shortly after He'd moved to Hearts from Thistle and remains one of the greatest moments of my life. :D

if the ground holds 4000 and we;re getting 1500 are brechin really gonna sell 2500?
No, I believe segregation is the issue.

The Brechin Sale is happening before ours. Probably for 2 reasons.

1. To guage Demand of the home fans

2. If both tickets went on sale at same time, you might get Saints Fans taking the tickets when ours sold out.

I think we will get more tickets when we need them.

From yesterday's Brechin Advertiser:

"Don’t miss out on City’s biggest ever game

Published on Mon Feb 21 15:38:57 GMT 2011

BRECHIN City fans have been urged to buy their tickets early and avoid missing out on the biggest game in the club’s 105 year history.

The Glebe Parkers meet St Johnstone on Saturday, March 12 (at 3pm) and Brechin fans have been allocated just over 1000 tickets, with 1800 heading to the Perth Saints.

Secretary Angus Fairlie explained: “After consultation with Tayside Police the Scottish Cup quarter final with St Johnstone has been made an all ticket fixture. Tickets priced at £18 for adults and £8 for concessions will go on sale from Tuesday, February 22 at the home game against Livingston on a first come first served basis.

“After that they will be on sale at the home fixtures against Dumbarton on Tuesday, March 1 and Stenhousemuir on Saturday, March 5.

“Season tickets will be valid for the game strict segregation shall be in place with Brechin City supporters gaining entry via the Cemetery End turnstiles only.” "

From yesterday's Brechin Advertiser:

"Don’t miss out on City’s biggest ever game

Published on Mon Feb 21 15:38:57 GMT 2011

BRECHIN City fans have been urged to buy their tickets early and avoid missing out on the biggest game in the club’s 105 year history.

The Glebe Parkers meet St Johnstone on Saturday, March 12 (at 3pm) and Brechin fans have been allocated just over 1000 tickets, with 1800 heading to the Perth Saints.

Secretary Angus Fairlie explained: “After consultation with Tayside Police the Scottish Cup quarter final with St Johnstone has been made an all ticket fixture. Tickets priced at £18 for adults and £8 for concessions will go on sale from Tuesday, February 22 at the home game against Livingston on a first come first served basis.

“After that they will be on sale at the home fixtures against Dumbarton on Tuesday, March 1 and Stenhousemuir on Saturday, March 5.

“Season tickets will be valid for the game strict segregation shall be in place with Brechin City supporters gaining entry via the Cemetery End turnstiles only.” "

Season tickets valid. Brechin will lose a bit of money on this.

It is only a few years ago that Saints stopped giving us cup games on ST's.
Yeah but the big difference is our ratio of ST Holders to paying customers is pretty high. We were expecting a couple of games in the cup.

Brechin will have sold their ST's as a package at the beginning of the season and wouldnt have made provision for anything other than a round 3 exit. Every game has brought them a nice wee bonus, and this one will net them as much as any of the Glasgow Giants one would suspect

I am pretty sure the chairman is not going to view it as lost revenue

Imagine the mighty St Johnstone helping sustain a wee club for a few years

Does nobody think the pricing is a bit steep? Especially for standing? I can understand Brechin wanting to maximise there profits and well Geoff would charge as much as humanly possible. I see that on the Brechin website, they have stated that there usual pricing structure is as follows:

Prices for the 2009/2010 season:

Adults: £10

Concession: £5

Parent & Child: £12

Lounge: £35

Segregation:

Admission prices for visiting support

Adults £13

Concession £7

Parent & Child £16

I find it a bit out of order that they are charging the same price for standing and seating areas. I also think that this may cause problems on the day is, that the tickets bought, nobody is guaranteed a seat. So what if say an older person, or someone with a child wants to sit/needs to sit and there is no seats left.

Anyways

I will be there.

Hail Hail

South Livingston Blues!

Edited by livi saint

Does nobody think the pricing is a bit steep? Especially for standing? I can understand Brechin wanting to maximise there profits and well Geoff would charge as much as humanly possible. I see that on the Brechin website, they have stated that there usual pricing structure is as follows:

Prices for the 2009/2010 season:

Adults: £10

Concession: £5

Parent & Child: £12

Lounge: £35

Segregation:

Admission prices for visiting support

Adults £13

Concession £7

Parent & Child £16

I find it a bit out of order that they are charging the same price for standing and seating areas. I also think that this may cause problems on the day is, that the tickets bought, nobody is guaranteed a seat. So what if say an older person, or someone with a child wants to sit/needs to sit and there is no seats left.

Anyways

I will be there.

Hail Hail

South Livingston Blues!

How can you complain about £13 for a Quarter Final ticket?

The turnstiles at Glebe Park are behind the stand, so unless there is a steward at each entrance checking each and every ticket then it's impossible to regulate who goes where. If you want a seat then arrive earlier, and if you're old, chivalry still exists in this day and age and you'll be given a seat.

How can you complain about £13 for a Quarter Final ticket?

The turnstiles at Glebe Park are behind the stand, so unless there is a steward at each entrance checking each and every ticket then it's impossible to regulate who goes where. If you want a seat then arrive earlier, and if you're old, chivalry still exists in this day and age and you'll be given a seat.

You're a fud Noose:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now go back and read the previous post properly laddie..:oops:

You're a fud Noose:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now go back and read the previous post properly laddie..:oops:

I take it that the match tickets are more than £13 but it doesn't alter my opinion.

Gauge value for money on what we're gonna get at glebe park: a full house in their first ever quarter final in a cracking wee stadium and on will be a wonderful experience. Compare that to 20 odd quid to be treated like a 2nd class citizen at parkheed/Ibrox and you'll understand my point. Some people are never happy.