About time!

Honest Saints Fan

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2011/04/07/rangers-to-be-hit-with-three-match-european-ban-over-sectarian-chanting-86908-23043583/

There is no place for sectarian songs in football and it's about time UEFA took some action against these morons, along with their bigot brothers. The SFA should take note, grow some balls and do exactly the same.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2011/04/07/rangers-to-be-hit-with-three-match-european-ban-over-sectarian-chanting-86908-23043583/

There is no place for sectarian songs in football and it's about time UEFA took some action against these morons, along with their bigot brothers. The SFA should take note, grow some balls and do exactly the same.

Exactly but yet again you slip Celtic into this, when did Celtic ever get pulled up by UEFA? this is a Rangers problem, as seen by UEFA, showing the SFA up to be spineless, but then again SFA can't pull Rangers without pulling Celtic, or they'd be seen as biased.

Exactly but yet again you slip Celtic into this, when did Celtic ever get pulled up by UEFA? this is a Rangers problem, as seen by UEFA, showing the SFA up to be spineless, but then again SFA can't pull Rangers without pulling Celtic, or they'd be seen as biased.

The OF are just as bad as each other. You can try and kid yourself as much as you want, but we know it and you know it. If your only purpose in coming on here is to rattle on about injustices towards Celtic, then all you are achieving is stirring up the hatred that exists for you and your ilk.

If you really want supporters of other teams to show more respect for your team, or the other lot, then your current approach to it will not work.

You are boring and blind

yet again you post shite .why dont you feck off to a celtic forum and give us all a rest .

The OF are just as bad as each other. You can try and kid yourself as much as you want, but we know it and you know it. If your only purpose in coming on here is to rattle on about injustices towards Celtic, then all you are achieving is stirring up the hatred that exists for you and your ilk.

If you really want supporters of other teams to show more respect for your team, or the other lot, then your current approach to it will not work.

You are boring and blind

I'll ask again then, when did Celtic get a charge from UEFA? you should stop reading newspapers and listening to the phone-ins, who peddle this myth, "That they're as bad as each other" its a lot of crap, UEFA have in the past given awards to Celtic for fans conduct, I don't see the same awards going to Ibrox do you?

Completely agree with this potential ban. Unfortunately there will always be an element attached to both OF clubs who will see it as their right to take part in questionable activities in football grounds ( pro ulster unionist singing for Rangers, and pro-republican songs and protests against poppy day for Celtic ). As was said recently it will take a generation to wipe this out. Even if every game Rangers and Celtic played in was behind closed doors it would continue. Even if both clubs went out of business these knuckle draggers would find another club to attach themselves to.

Watching those signing on Tuesday night I could clearly see what part of the Ormond Stand this was coming from, therefore so could the police. It was not all the fans so it should be a matter of course to identify who had those tickets and take action. I can understand the police not taking action during the game ( there is not enough of them there ) but after the fact there is no reason why it cannot be done.

They were fined £42k by UEFA in '08 for a fan invasion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7715713.stm

Was he singing when he invaded the pitch :)

He asked when were they charged for sectarian songs. Dont think they have been.

The strange thing is that theya re now charging them with singing sectarian songs but let them operate a sectarian policy for many years and wina up winners cup whilst doing so.

The strange thing is that theya re now charging them with singing sectarian songs but let them operate a sectarian policy for many years and wina up winners cup whilst doing so.

Exactly this has nothing to do with Rangers fans singing, the nasties, however the guy who ran on the park was also out of order.

I must have read it wrong as the bit I read only asked when they had been charged by UEFA....suggesting they never had been.

As it happens I reckon it does appear one rule for one and not for others. Rangers are by no means the only club with problems with their fans...hopefully there will be charges following for other clubs through-out Europe re abusive sing-songs etc.

I must have read it wrong as the bit I read only asked when they had been charged by UEFA....suggesting they never had been.

As it happens I reckon it does appear one rule for one and not for others. Rangers are by no means the only club with problems with their fans...hopefully there will be charges following for other clubs through-out Europe re abusive sing-songs etc.

its not one rule for Rangers at all, Italian, Dutch and Russian clubs have also faced these charges before, no doubt clubs from other countries have as well, but these ones are the ones I remember

Yes, but this is establishing a false dilemma. It's trying to say "Celtic haven't been charged by UEFA for sectarian behaviour, therefore they cannot be guilty of sectarian behaviour."

That is patently not true.

The poster's approach may also be characterised as a "red herring" fallacy. Ask a question specifically about UEFA, dwell on that subject, draw the debate on to the irrelevant question of whether Celtic have been charged by UEFA, thereby conveniently derailing discussion from the real issue, of Old Firm sectarianism.

Yes, but this is establishing a false dilemma. It's trying to say "Celtic haven't been charged by UEFA for sectarian behaviour, therefore they cannot be guilty of sectarian behaviour."

That is patently not true.

The poster's approach may also be characterised as a "red herring" fallacy. Ask a question specifically about UEFA, dwell on that subject, draw the debate on to the irrelevant question of whether Celtic have been charged by UEFA, thereby conveniently derailing discussion from the real issue, of Old Firm sectarianism.

Christ are you a psychologist in your spare time??

The one thing you forget is that we are talking about Eric Openshaw not brain of Britain..

Personally dont think UEFA should be dealing with these allegations ----If there are chants etc deemed to be Sectarian or otherwise then they should be dealt with AT THE TIME by Cops and Stewards alike....why wait until days and weeks down the line before blaming A club ---weed the bastards out as and when it happens ----If they did this on the local High street etc would the Cops ignore it and wait until some "goody two shoes" reported it to UEFA........I Think not.

I'll ask again then, when did Celtic get a charge from UEFA? you should stop reading newspapers and listening to the phone-ins, who peddle this myth, "That they're as bad as each other" its a lot of crap, UEFA have in the past given awards to Celtic for fans conduct, I don't see the same awards going to Ibrox do you?

We'll see how well behaved these fans are on Tuesday night.Anyone want to take a bet on the time of the first IRA song.

No doubt a section of your support will also be coming out with nasties as well, to noise up the Celtic support.

Aw, bunch of poor, wee, misunderstood Celtic fans :roll:

You may be right as, unfortunately, football fans can often resort to the lowest common denominator, and when the OF is in town, that is pretty low