Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen today that the midden have signed nigel hasselbaink. anybody think he could have been good for us?

I liked the look of him, holds his man off really well for a wee guy,good movement and never stopped working.Accies fans reckon his finishing isn't the best, but he's still young and settling in

Im not sure why everyone is creaming themselves over Marcus Haber. Sure the guy showed flashed of his potential in his time here, but I get the impression that some Saints fans expect him to come straight into the team (if he signs) and score 20 goals.

Haber has done nothing of any real note in his career, the most games he has played in one season was 30 games for Vancouver Whitecaps and indeed he has only totalled 60 first team appearances in his career, which if you consider he is 22 is not great. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that we would struggle to pay his wages, which I would find strange considering he does not currently have a club and has no real previous track record for his agent to bargain with.

Im not saying I wouldnt be happy if he did sign, but I just think some of our fans need a reailty check in regards to Haber.

Im not sure why everyone is creaming themselves over Marcus Haber. Sure the guy showed flashed of his potential in his time here, but I get the impression that some Saints fans expect him to come straight into the team (if he signs) and score 20 goals.

Haber has done nothing of any real note in his career, the most games he has played in one season was 30 games for Vancouver Whitecaps and indeed he has only totalled 60 first team appearances in his career, which if you consider he is 22 is not great. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that we would struggle to pay his wages, which I would find strange considering he does not currently have a club and has no real previous track record for his agent to bargain with.

Im not saying I wouldnt be happy if he did sign, but I just think some of our fans need a reailty check in regards to Haber.

My feelings too.

He can't demand a large wage. Serious injury, rather untested. No one will pay a large wage for what is a gamble.

IMHO he would be best to come to a club like saints, two year deal, if he hits the heights then all the better for him and us, he gets a bigger club, more wages, we may get a sell on fee, but we will possibly have a guy who scores goals. Best of both worlds.

Twitter has us hoping to announce our next signing later this week,any rumours as to who it is, or even their position would do:)

Hmmm, this could get m.e.s.s.i...

I think I need to go for a lionel down...:laugh:

You're bordering on obsessional! Just hope wee Lionel doesnae hae a pet rabbit,that ends in a pot!! :)

I bet his pet rabbit (called Myxo 'Messi' Matosis) scored more goals than our frontmen did last season...:laugh: