What was your favourite pub in Perth that is no longer with us ?

SingaporeSaint

Forteviot Hotel, wasn't it? If I remember right Jack used to have a day job at the GA.

you are correct.we always called the place jacks and i had forgotten it was the forteviot hotel.feck knows who would have stayed there,what a dump.as to his day job i never knew.happy memories of the place though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The St Albans-particularly happy memories as it was where I watched Archie Gemmill's goal go in against the Dutch

Had to leave to meet someone just afterwards and by the time I got to the next pub a short distance away we were out of the World Cup! Happy days...... I think!

Just been brought to my attention its now the Stagger Inn :?

It wis mair like the Stagger Oot, even when it was named the Vic. Had my first pint in there at 14. I got sent up tae order them as I wis the tallest.

Me: 4 pints o lager Mister

Barman: What kind o lager son?

Me: Any kind, FFS, whit kind have ye got?

Is Spinky's gone now?

Aye, it's a bathroom shop now.

The Railway Tavern's long gone as well; was turned into flats a good few years ago now.

Perth is pretty shite for pubs now. The Sandeman, Sportsters etc have ripped the soul away from the wee pubs. But then you just have to look at how mobbed The Royal is to show that the smaller pubs with decent service and a decent banter are what folk want. Not some **** off cathedral sized place that serves Thai fishcakes and chinese lager.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...