Players out on loan

ex-montrosesaintee

• 2 weeks later...

I take it no one can go out on loan now and we are stuck with Crawford. Surprised Davidson didn't take him.

Talking about Davidsons expensive disasters is McPherson out for the rest of the season or just told he will not be playing again.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

Talking about Davidsons expensive disasters is McPherson out for the rest of the season or just told he will not be playing again.

He had to have thigh surgery in December and was reported as being likely to be out for the rest of the season.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:30 PM, Stumpy1949 said:

I think that was James Brown. 

I see him and Kane were not in Faith and Dunfermline squads yesterday. Don't know if injured or dropped.

Noticed when I was in Raith site prices were £24 and £16. Don't know if this was for derby or normal.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Another goal and assist for Steven yesterday. I thought we should have kept him due to us not having any width.

Don’t see the point in rushing him back. Much rather he was out learning the nuances of the game playing week in week out.

Wouldnt be adverse to him getting another loan next season at a slightly higher level. If he was guaranteed 15-20 starts at an Airdrieonians, Dunfermline or Partick Thistle would be much better than a handful of games for us next season.

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Don’t see the point in rushing him back. Much rather he was out learning the nuances of the game playing week in week out.

Wouldnt be adverse to him getting another loan next season at a slightly higher level. If he was guaranteed 15-20 starts at an Airdrieonians, Dunfermline or Partick Thistle would be much better than a handful of games for us next season.

He will need to get a new contract first 

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

I see him and Kane were not in Faith and Dunfermline squads yesterday. Don't know if injured or dropped.

James Brown played the full ninety minutes yesterday. He's played every possible minute since he joined them.

The total opposite for McClelland at United, not getting on from the bench again and yet to get any time on the pitch.

So much for getting game time.

No idea about Kane. I noticed McPake was bigging him up through the week, so I presume it's another injury problem.

I agree it's better to have Steven out getting experience instead of sitting in the bench.

Stevie May was loaned to Alloa then Hamilton before becoming a first team regular here.

I think a similar path would work well for Taylor.

• 2 weeks later...

"

However, McClelland’s name on the team-sheet raised a few more eyebrows, with the on-loan St Johnstone centre-half brought in for his debut after Gallagher was ruled out with a minor groin issue.

Playing his first 90 minutes since SEPTEMBER 23, the Northern Ireland U/21 cap was faultless in a comfortable 2-0 triumph over Raith Rovers."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/4936268/jim-goodwin-dundee-united-sam-mclelland-raith/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

• 2 weeks later...