#38 - 07/04/12 - Saints 0-0 Inverness CT - SPL

Did he "make contact" with Fran or did they collide. I keep looking at it and keep seeing the same thing. Fran turns back and they collide.. Most unlike me defending refs and I really am trying to see it but no matter how many times I look, all I see is two players going opposite directions and colliding..

Fran has control of the ball though.

For what its worth I think the ref is focussed on the ball and player's feet when the collision happens around the waist. Because he is close it makes it difficult to judge what comes first. Certainly not the stonewaller I thought it was yesterday.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he "make contact" with Fran or did they collide. I keep looking at it and keep seeing the same thing. Fran turns back and they collide.. Most unlike me defending refs and I really am trying to see it but no matter how many times I look, all I see is two players going opposite directions and colliding..

Fran is goal side of the ball he cuts back in and the defender goes straight in and takes the man and the sole of his right foot gets a touch on the ball. I can see where you are coming from but don't agree. Ghostie defending a ref what next:)

Got a feeling that Mooner will play Jody role against United.

Midfield could be:

Croft Davidson Moon Craig

or

Millar Davidson Moon Craig

if Croft is out through injury. Might be the preferred option anyway, as I was unimpressed by Croft in the 35 minutes he was on today - was he carrying an injury before he pulled up? Millar was great and probably MotM for me today.

Idiot!:oops:

Liam is suspended for United.

What about

Croft Davidson Moon Crompton

or

Millar Davidson Moon Croft?

Surely if they are going in opposite directions then Golabart would not have just run straight into him!!

Makes no odds if Sandaza changed direction, that is his right when he has the ball and it was up to Golabart to not just barge straight into him, anywhere elso on the park and it is a free kick as it wasn't shoulder to shoulder (did Golabart even touch ball until everybody stopped waiting for the penalty, it looks to me more like Sandaza caught the ball after being flattened?)

Takes Sandaza out before he gets the ball, denied once again because we aren't the old firm or go all ''neil lennon'' at refs every time we fail to win

Starting to become a little bit of an obssession on this MB, from what I did see and heard Lomas was'nt happy with the officals, but hey wait a min, that can't be right because we all know theres only one manager that moans about refs.

Starting to become a little bit of an obssession on this MB, from what I did see and heard Lomas was'nt happy with the officals, but hey wait a min, that can't be right because we all know theres only one manager that moans about refs.

No, there is only one manager who acts like a 3 year old girl who has had her ***lypop snatched. BIG difference.

Why on earth can I not type ***lypop on this forum?

Edited by montrosesaintee
utter disbelief

Feels like two points lost but it would take an un-reconstructed walloper with no active sex life to moan about being 4th, and in with a real shout of European football.

Well said Soulful even the great Real Madrid slipped up this weekend

What great company we keep!

:laugh: Doesn't take much does it, and we all know that Lennon doesn't moan about refs, he rips them apart every time he and his team makes a c**t of something.

look whos crawled out from under his rock. Christ you'd think Celtic had won at the weekend..Oh, they did..

As for moaning about officials, all managers do, it's just that the snarling, spit dripping wee prick and his cohorts always have to take it too far and get personal. He really is a phucking disgrace to Scottish football and humanity..

Oh thats right Lomas does the moaning with dignity, rewriting history now guys, some of you's actually said that lennon was the only one to complain, but because Lomas isn't happy, its ok now?

Good to see yer so chatty this morning Slackjaw. I missed you after the Rangers game and the treble going down the toilet.. Were you ill or something? Good to see yer back:wink:

Last time I looked lomas didn't complain about the ref. He complained about the decision. The Motherwell and dunfermline managers did the same.

Criticizing the ref will have you up in front of the sfa panel with you being found guilty.

Criticizing the decision and having evidence to prove it was wrong will get you off.

Some managers are clearly stoopid and can't help themselves.

Oh thats right Lomas does the moaning with dignity, rewriting history now guys, some of you's actually said that lennon was the only one to complain, but because Lomas isn't happy, its ok now?

all managers have a go at refs during the heat of the moment at matches. you'll find Lomas is quite dignified in post/pre match interviews unlike Lennon

Funnily enough I thought the earlier foul on Sheridan by Golobart or Tokely was a better shout for a penalty, but haven't heard any mention of that.

I thought that as well & was looking forward to see it on highlights but not there so it couldn`t have been a pen ,could it.

As others have said Lomas criticised the decision and at least he waited until after the game unlike Lennon who had a go at Salmond before he had a nightmare against us. Lennon basically threatend the ref. If he did not have a game Lennon liked he would rip him a new one and with you lot that means windows getting tanned.