#38 - 07/04/12 - Saints 0-0 Inverness CT - SPL

And in the post after :laugh:

Aye very good, I'm hardly complaining about where we are or the Euro football chance just the non performance today. We have/had a real chance of the Champions League next year and you would hope that would be enough to inspire the players to win the game.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye very good, I'm hardly complaining about where we are or the Euro football chance just the non performance today. We have/had a real chance of the Champions League next year and you would hope that would be enough to inspire the players to win the game.

You make it sound that simple. So much easier if ICT had just lain down.

You make it sound that simple. So much easier if ICT had just lain down.

Yeah you're right, I mean, why would any one bother to try and find that little bit extra to achieve something that could easily be a once in a life time chance?

On another note, I think Neil Lennon was in our East Stand today and not actually at Rugby Park, calling the ref a cheat, surely be sanctioned for that?

I would agree with previous posts regarding Jody. Thought his approach as club captain was pretty poor today. He needs to pull the strings. He was continually blethering to Ando about cross field passes and was slow in delivering quick balls to the front two. Maybury continues to show that he is more than capable of stepping in for Callum.

Sheridan was a wee bit off par, Fran showed great commitment again.

Credit to ICT, they played well and a draw was probably fair.

Huge game against Utd, but as long as we take a better return than Hearts and Utd in the run in, we will be fine. Plus Murray will be back to give us that goalscoring option from midfield.

Onwards and upwards. 4th and destiny is in our own hands.

Onwards comrades....

COYS

Poor first half. Started the game as if all we had to do was go on the park & the game was won. Lomas came down from the stand after 25 mins & got them going a bit.

This was a game that playing for a draw ,which it looked like at times was wrong. 3 points were what was required although a point took us above United I still think it was 2 points lost.

Second half was more like Saints but Lomas`s subs or lack of them still worry me.

Surely Deek was fit enough to give us 20 mins.Strange that we sign him & he doesn`t even make the bench.

I don`t know what Morris brings to the side .

thta had to be the worst ref we had today & we have had a few. Never let the game flow or play advantage. Blew the whistle for least wee contact. Must ahve been his first game in SPL & hopefully his last. He made Craig Thomson look half decent.

Pat Nevin giving us a good bit of praise on Sportscene, made a change from Sandy Clark on the commentary very negative against Saints

Clark is a bitter man as his managerial career never really recovered after his sacking by Saints. Even when asked for a comment when GB retired he said GB made big mistakes but would never admit to them (translation: he sacked me & he should nae have! boo-hoo):laugh:

Clark is a bitter man as his managerial career never really recovered after his sacking by Saints. Even when asked for a comment when GB retired he said GB made big mistakes but would never admit to them (translation: he sacked me & he should nae have! boo-hoo):laugh:

He rode the wave of Sturrocks team and ultimately took us backwards. Was never a fan of his at the time and nothing he has done or said since has changed my opinion of him.

I will take a point from today particularly after the first half when Caley could have been out of sight. The first half performance was so bad at one stage I was almost laughing at the ineptitude of it all. It was not just poor play but every time the ball seemed to come to a Saints player they either gave it away or let it bounce off them for a throw in and we even seemed to keep standing on the ball and falling over. Comic cuts time. At this stage Sheridan just could not do anything right.

The other amazing thing was that every time the ball was cleared or even bouncing about it seemed to automatically fall to a White shirt. This even continued in the second half when we were a lot better. Even more frustrating was when we had a few shots deflected in the second half they always went directly to Tuffey rather than Wrong footing him and bouncing in. I just wish Croft had still been on in the second half when we worked a lot down the right but Chris did not have the pace or directness to get into the space. Alternatively I wish Compton had been on the bench.

thta had to be the worst ref we had today & we have had a few. Never let the game flow or play advantage. Blew the whistle for least wee contact. Must ahve been his first game in SPL & hopefully his last. He made Craig Thomson look half decent.

It was indeed his first SPL game according to the radio. It looked as if it was his first game being a ref. He had a mare. Had open all mics on whilst watching, and Buscuits was covering our game, and was getting pretty wound up from early on about his poor calls, and said that Willie Young was taking plenty notes. Later on, after saying a few times the ref was annoying both teams he said he had started to annoy him now.

Completely different to a referee we had a few games ago making his SPL debut who had a cracking game - Calvin i think his name was.

Jody's booking today takes him over the disciplinary threshold.

I think he'll miss the Dundee United game, or is it Motherwell?

Dundee utd, its 8 days after the offence i believe, but murray davidson will be back and adams will be match fit

Fail to see what your comment has to do with todays game v I. C.T.

Got a feeling that Mooner will play Jody role against United.

Midfield could be:

Croft Davidson Moon Craig

or

Millar Davidson Moon Craig

if Croft is out through injury. Might be the preferred option anyway, as I was unimpressed by Croft in the 35 minutes he was on today - was he carrying an injury before he pulled up? Millar was great and probably MotM for me today.

Critism of Morris is unreal. What do our fans want in the midfield? He is so key to our team in terms of keeping the ball moving it on and not just lumping it as soon as it gets tio him.

Would be my first pick everyweek if fit as no other midfielder in th squad can do his job.

Edited by LangToonSaint

Got a feeling that Mooner will play Jody role against United.

Midfield could be:

Croft Davidson Moon Craig

or

Millar Davidson Moon Craig

if Croft is out through injury. Might be the preferred option anyway, as I was unimpressed by Croft in the 35 minutes he was on today - was he carrying an injury before he pulled up? Millar was great and probably MotM for me today.

Me and my mates said same about Croft. Seemed to pull up rather easily, which he may have been touch and go to start the game.

Craig seemed very heavy legged today and in need of a break.

Critism of Morris is unreal. What do our fans want in the midfield? He is so key to our team in terms of keeping the ball moving it on and not just lumping it as soon as it gets tio him.

Would be my first pick everyweek if fit as no other midfielder in th squad can do his job.

Do you think it could be that he does make his fair share of mistakes which, given his pedigree, is not what people expect. He can play the simple ball well, but sometimes he overdoes it and loses possession in a potentially dangerous position. Certainly doesn't dominate games in a stand out way if that makes sense.

I don't like his style of play and wouldn't miss him if he left. Many would miss him.

It's all opinions and preferences. None more right than the next.

Sandy WHO ??????????

He rode the wave of Sturrocks team and ultimately took us backwards. Was never a fan of his at the time and nothing he has done or said since has changed my opinion of him.

spot on my boy, i couldnt have put it better myself................you have went up in my estimations with that post.. :wink: