#39 - 21/04/12 - Saints 0-2 Dundee Utd - SPL

bigstu

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smarmy, the plural of you is you. Boils my piss when people use "yous".

Sorry Jimmy, I was under the impression that the 'yous' was the textual diminutive of 'you lot' or 'your lot', and in a linguistic zeitgeist which tends towards brevity, such words are now lexical items common in technologically mediated communications. :wink:

I will try harder to meet your standards of grammatical excellence.

Sorry Jimmy, I was under the impression that the 'yous' was the textual diminutive of 'you lot' or 'your lot', and in a linguistic zeitgeist which tends towards brevity, such words are now lexical items common in technologically mediated communications. :wink:

:D

Very amusing, though the forum rules do state no text talk or textual communication if you prefer? :)

I should not have singled you out Smarmy. Many posters on here succumb to the expression. Its use seems to be spreading and I am doing what little I can to check this proliferation.

Really excited about this one and looks like it's gonna be a big attendance as well (hopefully). Bringing along 6 saintees/neutrals, who have only been to a few games this season and we're all really looking forward to watching us eventually beat the Arabs! Am i right in thinking that, they are the only team that we have failed to beat since we got promoted back up to the spl?

Regarding the Ormond stand, why not allow united fans in as well? Parents and their kids that is?

Scoreboard end for me; lets get a good atmosphere on the go! Come on you saints!!!

Really excited about this one and looks like it's gonna be a big attendance as well (hopefully). Bringing along 6 saintees/neutrals, who have only been to a few games this season and we're all really looking forward to watching us eventually beat the Arabs! Am i right in thinking that, they are the only team that we have failed to beat since we got promoted back up to the spl?

Regarding the Ormond stand, why not allow united fans in as well? Parents and their kids that is?

Scoreboard end for me; lets get a good atmosphere on the go! Come on you saints!!!

When did they do anything for us ??

In the league, yes.

No ta, Saints fans only please. No other club would let us in for discount prices!

When did they do anything for us ??

With United only getting roughly 2500 odd tickets, I can tell that many of their fans are going to miss out. The Ormond stand is only going to be half full with saints supporting families, so why not allow a couple hundred of united supporting families in? They're not going to cause trouble and IMO would add to the atmosphere; families today, regardless of who they support, are all in the same boat financially so why not? Win-win situation is it not or am I missing something?

Would love to see a packed McD again; families of other teams were allowed in the Ormond stand in the past, so what's the difference today?

With United only getting roughly 2500 odd tickets, I can tell that many of their fans are going to miss out. The Ormond stand is only going to be half full with saints supporting families, so why not allow a couple hundred of united supporting families in? They're not going to cause trouble and IMO would add to the atmosphere; families today, regardless of who they support, are all in the same boat financially so why not? Win-win situation is it not or am I missing something?

Would love to see a packed McD again; families of other teams were allowed in the Ormond stand in the past, so what's the difference today?

Yep, your missing, when was the last time they did anything for our families.

This is our most important game of this season, and barring the Motherwell semi the most important game of the last couple of years - End of. Win, and we put some daylight between ourselves and Dundee Utd and stay above Hearts regardless of how they do. Lose, and we could well find ourselves 6th if Hearts win. It's all in our own hands at the moment, but lose and it likely won't be. Injuries and suspensions don't look too clever for us, so whoever Lomas puts out there needs to show a hunger and desire that just wasn't there on Saturday IMHO. The time for carrying passengers is over - step up to the plate team. After what they did to us last time at McD, they will be at us like an express train, and we have to match that. We as fans all need to do as much as we can to get behind the players as well - far too flat at home.

This is our most important game of this season, and barring the Motherwell semi the most important game of the last couple of years - End of. Win, and we put some daylight between ourselves and Dundee Utd and stay above Hearts regardless of how they do. Lose, and we could well find ourselves 6th if Hearts win. It's all in our own hands at the moment, but lose and it likely won't be. Injuries and suspensions don't look too clever for us, so whoever Lomas puts out there needs to show a hunger and desire that just wasn't there on Saturday IMHO. The time for carrying passengers is over - step up to the plate team. After what they did to us last time at McD, they will be at us like an express train, and we have to match that. We as fans all need to do as much as we can to get behind the players as well - far too flat at home.

Very true, I hadn’t really thought of the 1-5 game till you mentioned it. I want sweet revenge for that humping. I hope Lomas uses that as inspiration during his team talk. Those players that were involved in that will be hungry to inflict the same pain upon Utd. I hope.

£19 for adult tenner for kids which in my opinion is 8 quid too much. All clubs outwith the o.f should reach agreement that kids are a max of 2 quid at non all ticket games. This would increase attendances all over the country in an instant especially away fans as thats what puts many fans who have familys from going to away games.

£19 for adult tenner for kids which in my opinion is 8 quid too much. All clubs outwith the o.f should reach agreement that kids are a max of 2 quid at non all ticket games. This would increase attendances all over the country in an instant especially away fans as thats what puts many fans who have familys from going to away games.

Think its more in the away end, but was just curious. Yeah your right I doubt you will find anyone on here disagreeing with you regarding prices.

We have done well this season by selling match programmes for £1 and lowering the food and drink prices. Although it still costs a lot to get in, once in its generally cheaper than most grounds in the SPL. Sadly though like most things with saints, if we do good it never gets a mention in the sports press.

Good news stories and Scottish football just don't mix.

United been given 2,900 tickets. Polis wanted to give them Ormond and North Stand, Saints refused as its a Family Day, well done Saints. Less of them the better!!!!

We are the Perth Saints and we do what we want :laugh:

Pretty funny when the young aines started chanting that at Tannadice :)

can not wait for this game. with the east and north full the ormond buzzing and utd fans making sure the main is packed then the crowd will be massive for this one. with no chance of saints fans getting 7000 is there a chance utd could be given more tickets in the main if they sell there 2900?

You are correct R_mac! It has been a long, long time since a Saintee enjoyed their beer after a match against Utd....it is in fact something of a hoodoo! 15 games, spread over 12 years! :wink: