Summer Transfer Target Thread 2012

t.mcneil99

Gary Miller and Tam Scobbie(!) expected to sign on the dotted line tomorrow...

Just read on wikipedia (bastion of all accurate info) that Scobbie signed a 5 year deal in 2009 with Falkirk. Surely to goodness we're not paying a fee for him?

Scored 9 in 29 games, better than 1 in 3 and more than all ours except Fran. He does miss a lot too mind, but he's got power and pace, which SL wants in team,not overwhelmed but would give him time

He has been given plenty of time at Caley.

The best quote I saw about him was he is the perfect footballer apart from when he has the ball.

Lets not be to hasty on the likes of Scobie, Liam Craig was fairly low profile and look how that's turned out

Liam was a teenager, signed on loan from an SPL club whilst we were in the first divisio. He was a regular for Falkirk prior to falling out with Hughes.

Scobbie has been released by a team in the league below us, where the fans don't rate him and he's not being signed for a priority position.

They're not comparible at all IMO.

Press Targets;

Roy Carroll

Jonny Tuffey

Gregory Tade

Gary Miller

Lee Croft

Nigel Hasselbaink

That's for starters? Anyone else?

Out of this i would only like to see saints go for Roy Carroll,( Player - gk coach when he hangs up his boots) ,Jonny Tuffey and Lee Croft.

As for Gary Miller and Tam Scobbie I would rather see James McPake or Paul Hanlon at saints.

Tam Scobbie has relegation written all over it!

My only memory of him is when he ****ed up against Saints at TFS and Kenny Deuchar was able to get in behind him to score. I really hope it is not true.

That's exactly the same incident that sticks in my mind.

Utter Pub player.

County fan from P&B's opinion on Miller;

Very good right back, just had his best season, loves to attack. How will he do in SPL? No idea, just wish it was with us.

25, has family in Glasgow-shire, so closer to home and obviously a hefty hike in wages.

Very depressed to be losing him tbh.

Gregory Tade would be a fecking disaster.

Last year we signed Higgins and Finnigan, arguably decent signings at the time given our disastrous strike rate the previous season. However, in the coming weeks better players became available and we ended up with a surplus of strikers, with Higgins and Finnigan as good as frozen out (partlydue to injury)

Lomas shouldnt rush into the signing of someone like Tade, as it is highly possible that over the summer better players could very well become available, people who seem out of reach now might lower their standards and so on.

It would be a tragedy if we couldn't get someone because Tade was taking up wages. I can't imagine many clubs will be fighting for him, so just hold off a few weeks.

If we end up with no choice other than him, then fair enough