MySpazz

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets just see what he does over summer and if he can bring in his own players

but he has alot to do after the last 5 games

I would say 7 games or more.

A bit early to get rid though. Some of the stuff he spouts are very disrespectful of Saints & have not endeared him to fans.

His demeanour & perceived lack of interest lately also counts against him but we have to see what he can do in the transfer market but have to say the defeatism at the moment doesn`t bode well.

If he spoke half as enthusiastically about Saints than his beloved Rangers then i would be happy.

Need to enthuse people to come along.

I thought increasing attendances was the key role why he had been brought ot the club.

The only time he sounded excited yday in press conference was when talking about Mcullochs goal

"Jonny" my problems with SL aren't anything to do with players leaving.

I could list them for you.

1: Organisation. Our players don't look as well drilled as they were under the previous regime. Everyone knew their role and carried it out when defending at set pieces. Last season we were well organised but lacked a spark going forward. Del remedied that this year. The lack of shape and sheer amount of silly mistakes creeping into the team now stinks of a lack of prior organisation or clear instruction from the management team.

2: Discipline. For the first time in the past god knows how many years we are seeing players openly arguing on the field of play. Again, should not be happening and it's down to the management to make sure these guys are behaving professionally and in the interests of the team.

You keep telling us we have a hard working, honest bunch of lads but over the past 6 weeks this has not been the case and this is a problem to which you seem to have no answer. Where has the graft gone? If the players have become lazy and switched off this is YOUR problem as manager.

From where I sit, more tactical work on the opposition needs to be done.

The OF media pandering does my tits in but the issues on the park are of far greater concern to me.

The reason we have been a yo-yo club us down to poor managerial appointments being awarded too much time by the board.

Your manager seemed to think getting top six for this club was good enough, once that was secured for you's he seemed to take things far too easy, i would say that taking the team abroad for four days was a bit of a mistake if they done no training in those four days over there, he stuck by players who may have done well in the season but were poor in the split for you's but Lomas stood by them and kept playing them and got no reward from them, and finally to only train for two days in the week in the build up to the weekends game there shows how much he wanted to beat the hvns, and now he has to rely on the pedo's to get a result for you's to get in to Europe next season.

It won't happen for you's though, this is HFC year to lift the Scottish Cup, your chance to be in Europe has passed, all you had to do was win one game after the split and you would have been in Europe, poor team selection for games cost you that and only one man can take the blame for that, yes your manager, still can't get over the decision to play Sheridan and Haber upfront against the pedo's, Sheridan was playing poorly and Haber imo is not good enough for the SPL, he should have went with Sheridan and Riordan for that game upfront that day.

Anyway good luck for next season, your manager has a big job whoever it is over the summer rebuilding your squad as you need to add to it big time, just hope your owner/ Chairman is willing to back whoever is in charge to do that.

i wouldnt let the side go to spain when they won top six.the club thought the season was over whilst we had to endure 5 more pish games at our expense.lomas wants to take a good look at himself,is he a rangers spokesman or actually the stjohnstone manager.maybe he could be a bit more enthusiastic.

I didn't fancy the appointment at first but lets not get carried away with things and give the lad a chance. Sir JC, Laird of Muirton Park was turfed out after a short spell so lets just see what pans out in the close season.

Aside from my 'support' of Lomas I found this which may be interest to those clamouring for Lomas's head on a plate -

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4300655/Hero-Nick-in-Saints-Euro-cry.html

I didn't fancy the appointment at first but lets not get carried away with things and give the lad a chance. Sir JC, Laird of Muirton Park was turfed out after a short spell so lets just see what pans out in the close season.

Aside from my 'support' of Lomas I found this which may be interest to those clamouring for Lomas's head on a plate -

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4300655/Hero-Nick-in-Saints-Euro-cry.html

C'mon Nick, get yourself signed up on WAP :cool:

Always making his support for Saints known on twitter.

Quote ''We can still get Europe and let's hope we can put a team out if we get there. It could possibly be a hindrance. If the first game is on July 16 we might not have a full team and may have to put out some of the youth boys." Unquote

:shock:

^^^^^ This = disgrace.. FFS as fans of a itsy bitsy teeny weeny fitba club we dream of these sort of chances. One round, one away trip and probably out but we don't really give a toss about that, we WANT to follow our team outwith these borders and given how infrequently it happens for the man to even suggest that it might be " hindrace" is beyond the pale for me. ]

It's not as if he was unaware that a pile of players were coming to the end of their contracts, it wasn't some big secret and any manager worth his salt would have been well down the road to replacing these guys. If Morris does go, it will be interesting to see if he makes any mention of unrest in the camp polarising his decision..

11 th at best next season if he stays...:sad:

Pretty shocking that our club captain hasn't been offered a new contract. Lomas is pretending that Jody is already away....looks more to me like he wants Jody away but isn't prepared to face the backlash of the fans by admitting it so he pretends its Jody's decision.

Quote ''We can still get Europe and let's hope we can put a team out if we get there. It could possibly be a hindrance. If the first game is on July 16 we might not have a full team and may have to put out some of the youth boys." Unquote

:shock:

Stuck up for him earlier in the week as I said he hadn't said anything damaging about Saints, but with comments like that...

F*ck him :evil:

I may be wrong but I suspect some of these comments are not so subtly aimed at the board...i.e. get the likes of Morris on a contract now rather than waiting 'til later when the Rangers situation is clearer.

Quite surprised to read this morning that Morris was praising Lomas....not quite as nice about waiting on Brown to offer him a deal.

Pretty shocking that our club captain hasn't been offered a new contract. Lomas is pretending that Jody is already away....looks more to me like he wants Jody away but isn't prepared to face the backlash of the fans by admitting it so he pretends its Jody's decision.

Thats something I didnt know. Is it budget or manager's choice?

Not according to the bit in the paper:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/morris-still-in-dark-over-next-move-1-2292893

Seems Lomas wants him....its higher up the silence seems to stem from.

Not according to the bit in the paper:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/morris-still-in-dark-over-next-move-1-2292893

Seems Lomas wants him....its higher up the silence seems to stem from.

That would appear a shit piece of business. The player needs to feel wanted and should be offered a deal. If its not enough for him then fair enough but dont wait for the player to say whether he wants to stay or not.

I wonder if that is the reason for Lomas stressing the Chairman will need to back him.

Equally it may be that the chairman thinks that Morris wants away and doesn't want to be used as a pawn to get a better deal elsewhere. I certainly haven't heard Morris indicate he wants to stay.

But only Morris and the chairman know what the score is.

That would appear a shit piece of business. The player needs to feel wanted and should be offered a deal. If its not enough for him then fair enough but dont wait for the player to say whether he wants to stay or not.

I wonder if that is the reason for Lomas stressing the Chairman will need to back him.

2 good games in 10 is no reason to sign a player.

Like every other manager in the league, Lomas is frustrated at not yet knowing the budget he has to work with next season and that's coming through in his interviews.... He's never managed at anything close to this level in terms of media scrutiny and reporting before and needs to learn fast. I just hope he's not deliberately using that blunt tool to try and exert pressure on the chairman and board. If he is, he won't be here long.