Poll: How should Steve Brown vote on NewCo situation?

sjfcsteve

Should Steve Brown vote Rangers NewCo back into the SPL  

277 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

reading the SPL rules today and I reckon 2 No's is enough, despite what the press have said. Will post tomorrow AM (maybe in the next hour if i get a chance to download them)...

Have the rules not been amended by the last round of votes? I'm sure they need 5 no's to reject the newco now? It was one of the matters that was amended from an 11-1 vote to an 8-4 vote???

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Rangers get to vote? Surely they have to leave the SPL for a gap to be available for them to get in?

Killie and Aberdeen fans both have a similar poll - both are around 97% for No.

I doubt Killie will be wavered by their supporters. Motherwell have also stated that they will consult fans before voting.

I think the financial realities of Hearts and Killie make it a stick on yes. Stewart Milne is in a hell of a tough situation, with £12m debt and the most vocal supporters group baying for blue blood.

I doubt Killie will be wavered by their supporters. Motherwell have also stated that they will consult fans before voting.

Yep Killie is the main suspect for me although he did ask the fans concerning the Celtic title winning party but that was to benefit the club - Rangers being out may not be of a benefit to them.

I have raised this question as well. If our chairman says no I would continue to back him and the club. Those who say yes will not get any more of my money.

I just can't subscribe to this. None of this is St Johnstone FC's fault. If Steve Brown votes yes, I am comfortable that it will be because he feels - with the benefit of all the information that we haven't got - the financial viability of our club depends on it. He will not vote yes for any other reason. Whether that is morally right or wrong re. Rangers newco, it is for the future of saints.

If rangers newco are voted out, then in 4 years time it will be back to the Celtic and newco dominance and saints will be a yo-yo club as ever. Voting no will not change that.

I trust Steve and his directors to get this right.

Voted NO

even the few TD's I ken are saying 3rd Division now - but still no real humbleness about them - too late - get them out

I'm not adverse to a League Structure Change and the old League Cup sections at the beginning of the season to make up for any lost games if it goes to a 16 teamer but thats another topic...to make it clear whatever League Structure though RFC (In Liquidation) start at the bottom

I just can't subscribe to this. None of this is St Johnstone FC's fault. If Steve Brown votes yes, I am comfortable that it will be because he feels - with the benefit of all the information that we haven't got - the financial viability of our club depends on it. He will not vote yes for any other reason. Whether that is morally right or wrong re. Rangers newco, it is for the future of saints.

If rangers newco are voted out, then in 4 years time it will be back to the Celtic and newco dominance and saints will be a yo-yo club as ever. Voting no will not change that.

Maybe cheating just annoys me more than you. For me when it comes to football those that don't stand up to it are as bad as those that cheat.

I'd rather watch us play part time football than watch a corrupt league that has spread its proverbial legs for a few extra pounds.

Have the rules not been amended by the last round of votes? I'm sure they need 5 no's to reject the newco now? It was one of the matters that was amended from an 11-1 vote to an 8-4 vote???

All they voted on IIRC was that any decision would be taken by the clubs, not the board. Anyway, the articles of association of the SPL are dated as valid as of 30th May 2012, which was the date of the meeting, so i assume they are upto date.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/ARTICLES%20AS%20AT%2030%20MAY%202012%20%28CLEAN%29.pdf

Articles 14 and 37 are the important ones. I quoted them fully on the site, but the long on short of it, from my understanding, is that once a club enters administration of liquidation, an SPL general meeting will be called, where a qualified vote will be needed to allow the share to transfer to a new company. A qualified vote is in article as 90% of the vote, which means TWO clubs need to say #notonewco. The article cannot be changed without another qualified vote.

I may be wrong... but have yet to see anything that makes me think otherwise.

http://saintinasia.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/only-two-clubs-need-to-say-notonewco/

I agree, but that's not our decision to make. That's the point. I hate cheating as much as the next guy, but also think it is unreasonable to punish the innocent party.

If Usain Bolt was caught taking drugs, do you not think the sport of athletics would become a joke if they voted to keep him in the sport because of the money he brings in? Surely in the long run, it would be a better sport if they punished a cheater based on the crime and not the money they bring in even if it had a short term financial impact on other athletes and the sport as a whole?

Anyway, importantly - after nearly 200 votes over 95% of fans have voted No.

I hate cheating as much as the next guy, but also think it is unreasonable to punish the innocent party.

What? You think getting rid of Rangers is punishing Saints?

This would be the greatest thing to happen to our club, and the whole league, for decades.

And the next best thing would be to get rid of the other cheek of the arse.

Edited by Percy Johnston
Adding second buttock-related reference

Does an online forum have any credibility with regards accuracy of numbers. Will it just be dismissed do you think ?

An online blog called Rangerstaxcase was criticized by the press and Craig Whyte for talking, and I quote '99% crap' a year ago. So far, they've got just about everything spot on!

'Credible' in who's eyes? I trust this place more than I do any of the national media... This is the fans view and its quite clear no one wants a Newco Rangers in the SPL...

What? You think getting rid of Rangers is punishing Saints?

This would be the greatest thing to happen to our club, and the whole league, for decades.

And the next best thing would be to get rid of the other cheek of the arse.

No, that is not what I am saying. I voted no with bells on!!! Not going to watch St Johnstone because the chairman is put in an impossible position through Ranger's wrongdoing is punishing saints.

No, that is not what I am saying. I voted no with bells on!!! Not going to watch St Johnstone because the chairman is put in an impossible position through Ranger's wrongdoing is punishing saints.

It's not an impossible decision though. Financially saints are very secure. Losing income from Rangers will not kill St Johnstone. In fact if they are replaced by Dundee, in terms of attendance money, Dundee will almost cancel out the lack of ****. Sky will still sponsor the SPL in some way, there will still be SPL games broadcast on tele thus there will still be a sponsorship deal with income for the clubs. This will be split more evenly than the current set up. We have also just lost our (probable) 3/4 highest earners from the wage bill.

It is a moral decision. When money is involved sadly people lose sight of right and wrong. Vote YES and Steve Brown has no morals, no integrity and no interest in what the fans want. Scottish football becomes a joke. Vote NO and he stands tall, tells the rest of Scottish football that his club do not bend over for a club which has cheated countless teams out of opportunities to appear in cup finals, play european football etc, cheated the country our of millions of pounds of tax, and the rest. We show the country that we do not accept cheating in our game.

Rangers have shown absolutely no remorse for their actions. Not one person associated with the club in any way has came out in public, held their hands up and said these 3 words. "We are sorry". Instead they appeal every decision made, breaking more rules in the process and pump the tabloids full of propaganda proclaiming how rangers are being wrongly persecuted. If they showed an ounce of humility then perhaps the fans of other teams across the country would be able to show sympathy to rangers. However they haven't.

In short, it's not an impossible position that Steve Brown is in. It should be an easy decision. No to Newco.