The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

Saints fans, what is your feelings about the Eskişehir matches? Do you expect a qualify?

From my point of view, both legs will be very excited and chances are half half. Maybe Eskişehir % 51 :)

I do not expect to go through. But if you guys do go through against us, then I will hope you go very far in the competition.

Edited by SingaporeSaint

Saints fans, what is your feelings about the Eskişehir matches? Do you expect a qualify?

From my point of view, both legs will be very excited and chances are half half. Maybe Eskişehir % 51 :)

you are very diplomatic - as already pointed out we have quite a few new players with no experience of their new team mates. I just hope you do not put too many past us over there or the second leg will not be very exciting.

I'm really looking forward to the game over there. I've never been to Turkey and would like to also see the most beautiful university campus in Turkey (I work in the most beautiful campus in the UK).

Cheers

you are very diplomatic - as already pointed out we have quite a few new players with no experience of their new team mates. I just hope you do not put too many past us over there or the second leg will not be very exciting.

I'm really looking forward to the game over there. I've never been to Turkey and would like to also see the most beautiful university campus in Turkey (I work in the most beautiful campus in the UK).

Cheers

Yes, Eskişehir Anadolu University campus is one of the best in Turkey. You will like it.

I am coming to Eskişehir with one of my friends. He is economy doctor who gives lessons there.

Could one of the EsEs fans tell me how long a wee tour around the city would take? Theres some nice buildings ive seen pics from google and would like to see them when I'm over but not having alot of time there dont want to spend most of a day?

Agreed.

I believe a boat trip is a must.

I want to see what I think is a palace, looks very Russian but most importantly it has a blue roof

i think u saw "odunpazari houses" first neighborhood in Esk. These houses renovated 10 years ago old typical ottoman houses. Centre of the city is not big, if u take a taxi from bars street to odunpazari takes only 10 mins cost u around 6-7€ or u can go close by with tramway.

I do not expect to go through. But if you guys do go through against us, then I will hope you go very far in the competition.

yea first of all i hope the winner of this match will pass play offs and qualify for the group stage. qualifying for the group stage should be a near term target for both teams cause stj and eses are both inexperienced for el.

i have some information about stj now, but thanks to the bet web sites i had pretty good info about your team last year.

and here are my predictions;

first leg:

eses - stj 0-1

early goal in first 10 min.

second leg

stj - eses 1-2

0-0 half time, and 2 goals between 60-75 mins. then 1 stj goal in last 10 min.

it is a little bit fantastic forecast i know :)))

HI everyone

Just joined the forum after lurking for some time. Third time lucky for me seeing Saints abroad; in 1971 I saw all the home matches but no point asking my dad about away games; he would have said he couldn't afford the passports let alone the flights and furthermore he would not have approved of any time off school. In 1999 I was getting over my first wife's death but now all systems go for Turkey.

My brother & I are going out on the early wednesday morning KLM from Edinburgh via Amsterdam along with several of yourselves I believe. We have booked seats on Jamie's coach both ways and flying back to Edinburgh on a Saturday afternoon flight via Paris.

Sounds like the atmosphere is going to be absolutely brilliant and it's particularly heart warming that there are some very nice and helpful Turkish fans on the forum.

See you all next week

HI everyone

Just joined the forum after lurking for some time. Third time lucky for me seeing Saints abroad; in 1971 I saw all the home matches but no point asking my dad about away games; he would have said he couldn't afford the passports let alone the flights and furthermore he would not have approved of any time off school. In 1999 I was getting over my first wife's death but now all systems go for Turkey.

My brother & I are going out on the early wednesday morning KLM from Edinburgh via Amsterdam along with several of yourselves I believe. We have booked seats on Jamie's coach both ways and flying back to Edinburgh on a Saturday afternoon flight via Paris.

Sounds like the atmosphere is going to be absolutely brilliant and it's particularly heart warming that there are some very nice and helpful Turkish fans on the forum.

See you all next week

Welcome to the forum, see you on the bus. :)

Think we've just about got our trip finalised!

Tue - Fly Glasgow to Antalya

Wed - Fly to Ankara then train to Eskisehir

Stay 2 nights in Abaci Konak Hotel

Fri - Train from Eskisehir and fly to Antalya

1 night in Antalya

Sat - Taxi to stay 3 nights in a villa in Belek

Tue - Head back to Antalya and fly back to Glasgow

Can't wait! Come on you saints!

yea first of all i hope the winner of this match will pass play offs and qualify for the group stage. qualifying for the group stage should be a near term target for both teams cause stj and eses are both inexperienced for el.

i have some information about stj now, but thanks to the bet web sites i had pretty good info about your team last year.

and here are my predictions;

first leg:

eses - stj 0-1

early goal in first 10 min.

second leg

stj - eses 1-2

0-0 half time, and 2 goals between 60-75 mins. then 1 stj goal in last 10 min.

it is a little bit fantastic forecast i know :)))

If ye had a crystal ball ye'd be able tae see yersel comin...:)

HI everyone

See you all next week

Saintdougie, don't you mean 'see you at the airport'? We are on the same flights. Look out for 6 guys in kilts and saints shirts about 5am at edinburgh airport :) come say hi..

Saintdougie, don't you mean 'see you at the airport'? We are on the same flights. Look out for 6 guys in kilts and saints shirts about 5am at edinburgh airport :) come say hi..

Aye, fair enough, the Airport then. Although I highly doubt we'll be the only 6 guys standing around in Kilts and Saints kit.

Anybody on the club charter heard anything about the Itinerary (or anything at all) since you booked?

I've not heard a peep though they've took th cash from my account.

Neither have I. Not really thought about it. But the day is nigh. Might be worth a phone call to the club.