Attire in Turkey

Broon

So it seems a good few hundred fans are going to be touring Turkey this month. So how are you going to show off your colours?

Kilts? Scarves(seems a bit hot), replica tops, European tour t-shirts?

Did we ever get some decent Saints t-shirts made locally?

Would be good if we could make it as obvious as possible we're saints on tour. We definitely need to arrange a single meeting place on the day of the game where all Saints fans can gather.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Kilt and the St Johnstone European Tour 2012 t-shirt from Uksoccershop (fiver per sale goes to the club and one of the guys that works for them is a friend who I persuaded to design and print them). Also bringing a Saints shirt which I hopefully will get to swap with an Eses fan.

That and some factor 30!

Lads, lets not embarrass ourselves with replica tops.

As Shankly said, if you are not good enough to play for the team then you shouldnt be wearing replica shirts.

Is there anything more embarrassing than a fat fella wearing replica football shirts?

I am taking my kilt and an array of tailored t-shirts and shirts.

Cheers lads. Bring on Asia!

I do not understand why some of you want to wear fez for the match. Turks will behave to these guys like ''look at that idiots. They think turks are wearing fez or likes fez''.

Fez is not sth like kilt you wear. Turks used to wear in the history not more than 100 years and it has never been a taditional wear.

Today Turks dislike fez. It can be perceived by some of the fans as scottish fans want to insult Turks. Just a useful info.

Edited by footballturco

I do not understand why some of you wants to wear fez for the match. Turks will behave to these guys like ''look at that idiots. They think turks are wearing fez or likes fez''.

Fez is not sth like kilt you wear. Turks used to wear in the history not more than 100 years and it has never been a taditional wear.

Today Turks dislike fez. It can be perceived by some of the fans as scottish fans wants to insult Turks. Just a useful info.

I can guarantee you that Turkish fans will be wearing the below when they come to Perth.......

https://www.uk-secured.com/thescottishtouch/shopexd.asp?id=142

I do not understand why some of you want to wear fez for the match. Turks will behave to these guys like ''look at that idiots. They think turks are wearing fez or likes fez''.

Today Turks dislike fez. It can be perceived by some of the fans as scottish fans want to insult Turks. Just a useful info.

I was thinking that too - glad you've brought it up from the Turkish point of view

I think I can speak on behalf of all Saintees that there was absolutely no intention of insulting Turkish people - we would see it as a part of the party atmosphere but in the light of your comments I will leave it at home.

I do not understand why some of you want to wear fez for the match.

No insult intended, fez now off my attire for the trip........ thanks for the information........

OK I'll not wear a Fez,

I thought it was just a simple friendly gesture and not an insult. In fact it didn't just exist in Turkey but Greece, the whole of north Africa and started in Casablanca, Morrocco. In fact it came into being because hats were awkward for Muslims when they put their heads down to the ground several times for prayer.

I now feel guilty about wearing a Ruid Gullit wig in Holland, a Sombrero in Mexico, a cowboy/stetson hat in the US and they are not exactly the way things are in these places. They didn't seem too bothered.

The great city of Constantinople the gateway to Asia, Africa and Europe where multiple cultures met, lived or passed through.