Saints TV

Bev Callard

i was told today that dundee have 500 fans who subscribe to there "dfc tv" at 100 pounds each. that is 50000 pounds per year.

could saints not do something similiar?

it could have match highlights, interviews, highlights of reserves and more as well.

thoughts/

Do you honestly believe Saints are capable of running a tv channel!!!? They can barely stay on top of twitter, Facebook and the website. It would be good if it was web based and available for our overseas support. There must be a market there where saints can make a bit of money and also cater for our exiled fans.

with current technology it would be pretty simple for an spl tv to host this for all clubs. games/highlights revenue split fairly, and specific club interactions for reserves/interviews etc to be divided on a views basis.

cheaper overall costs for all and simples to offer access to overseas viewers

Do you honestly believe Saints are capable of running a tv channel!!!? They can barely stay on top of twitter, Facebook and the website. It would be good if it was web based and available for our overseas support. There must be a market there where saints can make a bit of money and also cater for our exiled fans.

yer right.plenty folk on the dole gie them a job.the next archie mcpherson could be lurking doon the job centre.

i was told today that dundee have 500 fans who subscribe to there "dfc tv" at 100 pounds each. that is 50000 pounds per year.

it could have match highlights, interviews, highlights of reserves and more as well.

thoughts/

BEEN THERE DONE IT>>>>>>>>>>>>

I already posted this as an idea and got the same responses.. Even East Fife have EFC TV its all bull shit they should have it

thoughts/

am with u on this bev 100% like i said on another thread some of the saints on here and that goes to the games even the club its self lack of ambition. I.e chris miller ( Quote) European runs don't come around often for teams like us, well so ambition and determination / drive to bring more European runs to a some called team like us. :mad:

Is there not a problem in that the SPL have a TV deal? SFL has its own TV channel and with the clubs videoing their own games it is no problem for them.

I suspect this is the issue. Rangers and Celtic had/have their own Sky channels, but I assume that is all tied in with the Sky deal and probably makes very little money for the clubs.

It comes back to the fact that Cockwomble and his mates are doing a terrible job of running the SPL, as stevensan's research on TV deals clarifies.

HOWEVER -

If Sky walk away without Rangers, as they are apparently bound to do :roll:, then the opportunity for clubs to do their own channel would return. I'd rather pay £50 or £100 a year for a reasonable Saints TV channel, or even an online resource, than watch Rangers or Celtic v whoever they are playing that weekend on Sky.

I wonder how much money the club could recoup of the £459,000,340,002,043,030,058.89 that losing one of the OF will take?

Remember the podcasts done last season - I thought they were excellent, and really wet the appetite for the coming season. Disappointed that they haven't repeated that. As with all things available on iTunes, free is great, but if they had been 99p a shot, i reckon everyone would have still downloaded them. 5 podcasts, 1000 downloads each - easy £5k in the bank.

Mike - I'm exactly the same.

What I dont understand, in this day and age, it is so easy to set something like this up. It could be set up so that only non-UK IP addresses could access so as not to break the current TV deal. With the number of Scots abroad this could be marketed to all Scottish fans on a subscription basis.

Costs are minimal to run, but there is a potential 20m Scots living outside the UK! (Texas Saint posted the numbers a few weeks back - cant remember the link)

I will end up watching Liverpool for much of the season. My only Saints fix will be through this forum and twitter. I would gladly swap Saturday night watching Liverpool/Manu/Chelsea/random other english club for watching Saints v Ross county and I would gladly pay for it...

Mike - I'm exactly the same.

What I dont understand, in this day and age, it is so easy to set something like this up. It could be set up so that only non-UK IP addresses could access so as not to break the current TV deal. With the number of Scots abroad this could be marketed to all Scottish fans on a subscription basis.

Costs are minimal to run, but there is a potential 20m Scots living outside the UK! (Texas Saint posted the numbers a few weeks back - cant remember the link)

I will end up watching Liverpool for much of the season. My only Saints fix will be through this forum and twitter. I would gladly swap Saturday night watching Liverpool/Manu/Chelsea/random other english club for watching Saints v Ross county and I would gladly pay for it...

A web TV strand or channel is well within the capabilities and resources of small clubs. It could be outsourced to a small production company (Speakeasy in Stanley have provided similar services to Celtic) or indeed as a local partnership with say Perth College, who already run very professional rock music programmes. Launching and running the station could easily be a module that would simulate professional set ups.

It's definitely something the club should look at, it shouldn't be too much of a problem with the SPL having a TV deal because nearly all the clubs down south do it with no problem at all.

Take Wolves for example, they provide "Wolves Player" which includes

Exclusive news and interviews

Live audio commentary

Match and extended highlights

Their prices are

£4.49 per month: Repeating unless cancelled

£37.99 : Annual Direct Debit or £42.99 Annual Credit Card (save 25% on monthly subscriptions) Repeating unless cancelled

They claim that's as little as 10p per day.

I'm guessing they just have to wait until their match highlights have been aired on TV before they can show them on the website?

Looking at the player just now they have footage of pre-season training, interviews with Solbakken on getting the Wolves job, Stearman on being back with the squad for training and the unveiling of new signings Sigurdarson and Nouble. They also have interviews with fans and club legends, could we do something similar with club legends and fans all around the world? We could use Skype for interviews with fans that couldn't make it to Perth for interviews and just use video capturing software to capture the video call. They also did a few videos based around the end of season awards with interviews with players who won awards and it looks like footage of the awards itself, that would be a great we addition for folks who can't make it to the awards ceremony.

alright guys,

just saw this topic and thought I would comment on it. this season St Johnstone will have its own YouTube channel (currently running at www.youtube.com/sjfcmcdiarmid) which will be the place to go to get every pre-match and post-match interview every week of the season. the channel is now officially launched as of a few days ago and in the coming days I will upload highlights from the Cowdenbeath friendly, post match interviews following the Europe League game on Thursday, followed by again having highlights from the Bristol City friendly on 28th July. In the run up to the Hearts game there will be a pre-match interview online in the week and following the game I will get post-match interviews done and online by Sunday morning.

Over the course of the season I will also be producing features on players past and present, as well as various features on different aspects of the club (including the fans).

Up to now I have been producing videos for other sports clubs across Scotland (like BasketballScotland, Netball Scotland, Active Stirling, Borders Sport and others) and run YouTube channels for Fife Flyers Ice Hockey Club (www.youtube.com/fifeflyerstv) and Cowdenbeath FC (www.youtube.com/bluebraziltv) and will now be running this new channel for St. Johnstone.

As far as highlights of league games being posted on YouTube are concerned that is not totally clear. I'll find out if I will have access to them closer to when the season starts after talking to the SPL about the rights, etc.

But even if I can't guarantee highlights, there will at least be this channel (at no cost to the fans) that will improve communications between the club and the fans that will work to give the fans a better insight into what goes on behind the scenes and to find out more about the players who pull on the Saints shirt every Saturday. I'll post every new video on the Facebook and on Twitter as well when I hopefully get access to them next week.

Cheers,

Ross

Edited by CunninghamVideo

alright guys,

just saw this topic and thought I would comment on it. this season St Johnstone will have its own YouTube channel (currently running at www.youtube.com/sjfcmcdiarmid)which will be the place to go to get every pre-match and post-match interview every week of the season. the channel is now officially launched as of a few days ago and in the coming days I will upload highlights from the Cowdenbeath friendly, post match interviews following the Europe League game on Thursday, followed by again having highlights from the Bristol City friendly on 28th July. In the run up to the Hearts game there will be a pre-match interview online in the week and following the game I will get post-match interviews done and online by Sunday morning.

Over the course of the season I will also be producing features on players past and present, as well as various features on different aspects of the club (including the fans).

Up to now I have been producing videos for other sports clubs across Scotland (like BasketballScotland, Netball Scotland, Active Stirling, Borders Sport and others) and run YouTube channels for Fife Flyers Ice Hockey Club (www.youtube.com/fifeflyerstv) and Cowdenbeath FC (www.youtube.com/bluebraziltv) and will now be running this new channel for St. Johnstone.

As far as highlights of league games being posted on YouTube are concerned that is not totally clear. I'll find out if I will have access to them closer to when the season starts after talking to the SPL about the rights, etc.

But even if I can't guarantee highlights, there will at least be this channel (at no cost to the fans) that will improve communications between the club and the fans that will work to give the fans a better insight into what goes on behind the scenes and to find out more about the players who pull on the Saints shirt every Saturday. I'll post every new video on the Facebook and on Twitter as well when I hopefully get access to them next week.

Cheers,

Ross

Thanks for that Ross. There is a lot of fan prodcued media too - so please keep updating on this forum

alright guys,

just saw this topic and thought I would comment on it. this season St Johnstone will have its own YouTube channel (currently running at www.youtube.com/sjfcmcdiarmid) which will be the place to go to get every pre-match and post-match interview every week of the season. the channel is now officially launched as of a few days ago and in the coming days I will upload highlights from the Cowdenbeath friendly, post match interviews following the Europe League game on Thursday, followed by again having highlights from the Bristol City friendly on 28th July. In the run up to the Hearts game there will be a pre-match interview online in the week and following the game I will get post-match interviews done and online by Sunday morning.

Cheers,

Ross

Ross do you do all this yourself or do you have folk working for you? My young nephew done all this at Glenrothes college and is looking to get a job doing this sort of thing. He used to video games and do manager/ players interviews

for Dundee united ( he is an Arab fan)?

Ross do you do all this yourself or do you have folk working for you? My young nephew done all this at Glenrothes college and is looking to get a job doing this sort of thing. He used to video games and do manager/ players interviews

for Dundee united ( he is an Arab fan)?

Hi,

it's just me that does it. once I get a few videos up and the channel properly takes off I'm happy for someone to help me out one week for the work experience but that's all I can do I'm afraid, sorry!

My pleasure!

i feel so lucky to have been to so many games during that period. i wasnt there that that night as it was a midweek game and i was at military boarding school in dunblane and only made sat/sun games . i got let out for monaco tho , grabbing the train and meeting my dad at perth station!

what a team we had in that period. i hope there are some players tonight who make as big a name for themselves as Main, Dasovic, Kernaghan, O'Neil, O'Boyle ,Grant, Kane, Griffin, Bollan, Dods, Lowndes and Preston who all played against Celtic that night.

mind you wasnt Jo Venglos the Celtic manager then ??!! PMSL

St Johnstone 5-0 Motherwell 1998/99

funny - my memory was of o'boyles goal being the halfway line. not quite but still what a strike..

great game . only years later i remembered it was billy davies first game in management

pmsl

Hearts 0-3 Saint Johnstone.League cup semi,98-99

St Johnstone 3-1 Rangers April 1999

mods - once again if these are all in wrong place please move

St Johnstone 4-0 Hibs, 1998