#03 - 04/08/12 - Hearts 2-0 Saints - Spl

Nipped into Ladbrokes earlier and my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when I saw us at 11/4. I'd have thought we'd be shorter than that given how many players Hearts have lost and the fact this is our 3rd game of the season.

Hills have us at 13/5. I'll have a bit of that!!!!

Team I expect Lomas to go with

Mannus

McKay-McCracken-Wright-Davidson

Millar-Davidson-Cregg-Craig-Hasselbaink

Tade

Anderson, Vine and Moon to be on bench.

I hope we don't go with 1 up top.

It failed epically at Tynecastle last season.

The current Hearts team have done nothing to deserve the respect of a 5 man midfield.

Allan Preston singles out Murray Davidson as one of five players to watch this season.

"Murray Davidson is a cracking player and if he can add goals to his game then clubs will be knocking down the door at McDiarmid Park to sign him up.

St Johnstone's Murray Davidson

"He has an awesome engine and gets into wonderful areas with his runs beyond the forwards but he has been guilty of lacking composure at vital times.

"He is a great athlete and is attitude is spot on. His has a real willingness and desire to succeed.

"At a young age he is pretty much the main man in midfield for St Johnstone.

"He is powerful in the air and I'd like to see him to get eight to 10 goals, which would be a great return."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19053697

Allan Preston singles out Murray Davidson as one of five players to watch this season.

"Murray Davidson is a cracking player and if he can add goals to his game then clubs will be knocking down the door at McDiarmid Park to sign him up.

"He has an awesome engine and gets into wonderful areas with his runs beyond the forwards but he has been guilty of lacking composure at vital times.

"He is a great athlete and is attitude is spot on. His has a real willingness and desire to succeed.

"He is powerful in the air and I'd like to see him to get eight to 10 goals, which would be a great return."

To be honest, we have been hearing the 'if only he could add goals to his game' line for quite a while now. I think we need to appreciate him for what he does do rather than for what he doesnt.

I wonder if Biscuits is his agent :)

To be honest, we have been hearing the 'if only he could add goals to his game' line for quite a while now. I think we need to appreciate him for what he does do rather than for what he doesnt.

Dunno, he has had two spells of a handful of games for Saints where he has scored goals and looked like scoring a lot more. The fact that his lack of composure at times is only apparent because of the promise to be a goal scorer as well as everything else he does so well week in week out.

Still think he doesn't get credit for how important he is to us. I'd argue that for all Jody's skill and game reading, we would have missed Murray more had he left.

This is what we have waited all summer for, through all the shite with Rangers/Sevco, through all the piss poor decisions (or lack of) from the SFA, all the debate of armageddon and the rise of fan power. Today we get back to what we all want, to playing football. A trip to Tynecastle is never easy, but we have won there before and can win again today.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!