COYLE TO GO

rickardo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOLICKS to this, Oc is a good manager for this club, he got us up the league and we finish 2nd but with previous managers we have had in this league none of them have got us to finish in the 2nd.

How can you say you want him sacked its only the start of the seson.

Get Off his back and give him a chance

Far, Far too early to be calling for his head. A total over reaction!

We might not have hit the ground running, but the sqaud (and probably the club!) is in a far better shape than it was when we were fighting relegation. it's going to take time, and with an inexperienced manger still learning the ropes he is going to get decisions wrong.

Give Coyle time to do something, we have had enough managers in very few years as it is!

:roll:

Coyle needs to show that he is learning and capable of getting his players to improve. I have not seen much evidence of players improving under him. I still think the main cause (to give Coyle a chance) is the backroom staff he and other managers have inherited. The style of play has not changed since Sandy Clark who had them here as his assistants or player.

We can all disagree about players, I would put Stanic more central with Dyer behind for instance. Sheerin to take the free kicks,set pieces not Sheridan, Mensing not Sheridan to protect the defence.

But the responsiblity is Coyle's. Performances like todays means less fans at the next match, more chances of part time football.

Paul Sheerin and Kevin Rutkiewicz have improved unbelievably under Coyle. Two players who were about as bad as you could possibly get the season before.

Whilst today was bad, we didn't lose, nor did we concede. We've got five points out of nine, with all wins in the cups so far. I was very critical of the game today because it deserved such a response and in terms of the title and Gretna pulling away, it's not looking great but I also noted that there is potential and room for improvement.

It's idiotic to be calling for Coyles sacking and simply will not happen. Whilst he's undoubtedly making mistake, he's shown he's eventually capable of admitting said mistakes and rectifying them. Signing Paston and Campbell were both mistakes, which he rectified by releasing both players. I'm confident that he'll soon see how poor Andy Lawrie is and - for the good of the team if nothing else - he'll change in favour of another waiting in the wings for a shot. Stevenson/Anderson or even moving Mensing across.

It's not good enough if we want to challenge for the title, which I think is what we all want but we have to keep a bit of perspective here, we know that this team was good last season, and it's not changed much. We have five points, and we're sitting fourth. It's not bad enough to even warrant this particular conversation.

This is too far!

Sheerin was on the right in the first-half. Whether he was supposed to be, I don't know but that's the position he was taking up!

I don't understand why we changed to 4-4-2 unless it was solely to accomodate Hardie and Savo. Unless of course we have a winger arriving during the week to play on the left and that's why the highly-valued Sheerin was asked to play on the right? :wink:

When we lined up at the start, Mensing was on the right with Sheerin on the left. As the half progressed, Sheerin switched to the right and then in the second half, he played in defence then up front when Jason 'its my ball' Scotland went off :!:

I think the descriptive word you're looking for is 'much-chersihed' :wink:

Unbeaten in over a year at McD in the league, unbeaten pre-season, won all cup games this season - yea he deserves to go!!

Would be the most ridiculous sacking in Saints history - except for Mr Totten.

Have to agree with that. At least we havent lost every game like Dundee! Infact we havent lost a game in the league yet or cups this year. Draws arent good enough but we cant just immediately jump down his throat a few games into the season