Sandaza to Ibrox afterall?

George Grieve

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible. What on earth is the guy thinking? Being motivated by money is one thing (everyone wants to earn as much as they can, at least to some extent), but this goes way off the scale. Are Sevco really able to offer a better financial package than any other club that has shown an interest? If so, I think that says a lot about how much genuine interest in the guy there has actually been, but it also suggests Sevco are offering players far more than can surely be sustainable (or even necessary??) for a Third Division club. What exactly is the point in paying for players at that level, when cherry-picking good first team pros from other lower league sides would be just as likely to result in promotion from the Third.

I'm now even more convinced than ever before that Sevco are heading straight for administration number two. Perhaps that's how they plan on getting out of any debts they're being forced to inherit from Rangers?

As for Sandaza - what a loser. I honestly thought better of him. He's just flushed his career down the toilet.

Did he actually have any other offer? Apart from us and Sevco?

If not, he should sack his agent (again). I can't believe for a second that a player of his ability and reputation wouldn't have offers on the table, even if only from other SPL clubs.

I agree but none of the clubs he was linked were exactly well known. Now I know that doesn't rule them out but it also means that his agent will find it easier to use them as pawns in other countries. It may be that his agent has played a blinder.

Fran's back account at the end of the month will be healthier though.

That's assuming he gets paid of course ;-)

Wonder if any of the players signing for Sevco have asked the questions "So just how are you funding my wages?"

Can't say for sure whether I'd stay in my current job if someone came waving the cheque book. However if a representative came up to me and offered me 3 times my current salary to work as a sales assistant at the newly opened The Woolworths in Blair I'd have a lot of questions about the the sustainability of the position when the previous company, who operated from the same premises and had the same business model, failed.

Nowt wrong with moving where the money is but everything wrong with doing it blindly.

Well with the best of luck, he's in effect given himself a nice wee nest egg for the rest of his life.

However, you have to wonder whether his contract will be worth the paper its written on if/when they get into difficultly.

While I wish him well (sort of) I can't help thinking he's wasting his career.

That's assuming he gets paid of course ;-)

Wonder if any of the players signing for Sevco have asked the questions "So just how are you funding my wages?"

Can't say for sure whether I'd stay in my current job if someone came waving the cheque book. However if a representative came up to me and offered me 3 times my current salary to work as a sales assistant at the newly opened The Woolworths in Blair I'd have a lot of questions about the the sustainability of the position when the previous company, who operated from the same premises and had the same business model, failed.

Nowt wrong with moving where the money is but everything wrong with doing it blindly.

on the other hand why would they choose you over someone else and if you applied and didnt get the job, would you be pissed off at them ??? Dog eat dog world.

Quick calculation

10 players on 7k a week would be 3.5m a year. Add on say another 2m a year for the rest of the first team squad. (remember, they still have McCulloch on a reported 22k and Broadfoot on a reported 10k!) - gives us a player squad total of 5.5m

PAYE/NI etc on this will add another 50% so say 2.75m.....

....take 16m. Season tickets are 260gbp for div3. 17.5% of that goes to VAT so net income is 215gbp a ticket.

How many season tickets do you need to sell to cover 16m?

74418... How many seats does Ibrox have?

anyone see the problem yet??

I see a problem Steven.You are counting PAYE and VAT - they are not required to pay that.....

Sandaza maybe the player that tips them into administration again.

Quick calculation

10 players on 7k a week would be 3.5m a year. Add on say another 2m a year for the rest of the first team squad. (remember, they still have McCulloch on a reported 22k and Broadfoot on a reported 10k!) - gives us a player squad total of 5.5m

PAYE/NI etc on this will add another 50% so say 2.75m.

Ibrox running costs (repairs, electric, rates etc) add from the admin report 500,000 a month. got to assume this is the lowest it could be otherwise the admins weren't doing their job (well, correct, they weren't). That's another 6m for the year.

They have a large back of house team as well - no redundancy's so that must have been carried over. say another 2m a year.

so, thats 5.5+2.75+6m+2m = 16.25m a year in expenses. There will be others such as policing costs etc to factor in.

But lets take 16m. Season tickets are 260gbp for div3. 17.5% of that goes to VAT so net income is 215gbp a ticket.

PS - bear in mind that while under admin wages were 1m a month, we are still halfing their wage bill and the figures still dont match up. They need to sell out ibrox every game to stand any chance of getting close to breakeven. If only 20k turn up tonight (even 30k) then they are looking into a massive, double figure million black hole.

I see the problem, your making up numbers.

But it is a new company as so many people are at pains to point out! Have to agree with Baby Chunder here. You take the money where it is on offer. If somebody offered me 5 times my salary to go and teach in some horrible school on Shetland for 4 years, I'd take because that money would be invaluable to my family. The question is, whether he was offered the same money anywhere else.

All schools in Shetland are very nice -you would enjoy the place.

which numbers? They are called educated guesses. They show that the current business model is unsustainable.

lets see your educated guess...

For it to be an educated guess would imply you have some kind of knowldge of the figures required. You don't, hence why you are making them up. I'll guess they will be financial viable and back in the Premier League in 3 seasons time.

Quick calculation

PAYE/NI etc on this will add another 50% so say 2.75m.

Ibrox running costs (repairs, electric, rates etc) add from the admin report 500,000 a month. got to assume this is the lowest it could be otherwise the admins weren't doing their job (well, correct, they weren't). That's another 6m for the year.

They have a large back of house team as well - no redundancy's so that must have been carried over. say another 2m a year.

so, thats 5.5+2.75+6m+2m = 16.25m a year in expenses. There will be others such as policing costs etc to factor in.

But lets take 16m. Season tickets are 260gbp for div3. 17.5% of that goes to VAT so net income is 215gbp a ticket.

PS - bear in mind that while under admin wages were 1m a month, we are still halfing their wage bill and the figures still dont match up. They need to sell out ibrox every game to stand any chance of getting close to breakeven. If only 20k turn up tonight (even 30k) then they are looking into a massive, double figure million black hole.

Think the average Rangers season tickets will be dearer than £215. There is also the sponsorship, catering, hospitality, JJB , Tennents money. McCoist says that 22 players have gone, many high earners (Davis, McGregor, Whittaker, Naismith, Lafferty, Jelavic) plus well-paid others (Aluko, Ness, etc). The wage bill must be less than half now. The Americans are supposed to be leaving as well. Doubt that cup games are included in the budget as you can't rely on them.

Enjoying their new players. Everyone of them is pish

Tonight is their Easter Sunday rising and they have sold 22,000 tickets. Thats for the blockbuster 1st game of their new club. That number will very fast decline to in and around 10,000 when the dust settles. Their new players are pish yet again and are recieving monster wages. They havent learned a thing in the last year. Laugh at them

Tonight is their Easter Sunday rising and they have sold 22,000 tickets. Thats for the blockbuster 1st game of their new club. That number will very fast decline to in and around 10,000 when the dust settles. Their new players are pish yet again and are recieving monster wages. They havent learned a thing in the last year. Laugh at them

Players more than good enough for Div 3 though. I have always thought that Kyle was overrated but he should stroll through the third.

Players more than good enough for Div 3 though. I have always thought that Kyle was overrated but he should stroll through the third.

He hasn't kicked a ball for about 18 months, tight, not very good pitches and cloggers in Division 3, he'll be lucky if he lasts half a game, and the Zombies have got him on a 2 year deal, another waste of money, who'll spend that time on the treatment table

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: have been for weeks!

Please remember to un-like him on Facebook. I just did.

heading over there right this very minute - bye bye Fran - it was good whilst it lasted but you've gone and dumped me for my worst enemy - makes it difficult to love you any more. No matter - enjoy yourself with that mob - and good luck - you'll need it. But not interested in hearing of your exploits at Thegers

50000 turned up for the game.