St Johnstone Under 20 Thread - Season 2012/13

Aitchy

Under 20's due to play Hibs tomorrow night at 7pm at home.

Is this likely to get played at McD. as I notice on Friday there is a Scotland v England fixture scheduled for McD. and they may wish to protect the pitch in favour of this game.

Noticed on O.S. twitter that Tomorrows game is at McD.

Also this week an away game to Inverness at 1 p.m.

A rather scrappy 1st. half where both teams cancelled each other out, was replaced by a vastly improved second 45 mins.

Saints dominated possession in this period and Hibs . were rarely allowed out of their own half apart from a punt forward which was easily dealt with by a competent home regard.

Caddis , picking himself up of the deck , feeling he had been fouled, moved onto a ball played wide right, drew the defender when cutting in towards goal and the defender brought him down inside the box.

Took the kick himself with aplomb , giving the keeper no chance.

Shortly after a high ball into the box , was missed by a Saint attempting to win the ball with his head but missed, clearly striking the arm of a defender.

Caddis struck the spot kick to the opposite side of the keeper from his first , again leaving the keeper without an earthly.

Some of the passing and movement in the second period was a delight to the eye.

For Saints no. 9 Chris Kane gave his 2 markers a torrid time.

There were several good performances , Caddis with his 2 goals, but my MOM was the dimutive no.4 Scott Gray who was here there and everywhere . What an engine this lad has.

Being picky, we had loads of chances to score from open play, but failed to convert.

Hibs . scored at the death when we were reduced to 10 men thru' injury, but it would have been a travesty if the young Saints had been denied victory .

Well done.

Saints youngsters take on I.C.T. today at 1 pm in an away fixture .

After their success against Hibs on Tuesday night, I would expect a few changes, as some of the lads took heavy knocks.

If any Highland supporters make this game can you let us know how it went?

Think they are struggling for a team caddis and a nother playing for first team. bounce game behind closed doors against Aberdeen today.

Aye, suspected something like that to happen after their exertions on Tuesday night .

Probably brought in younger replacements for those missing thru' injury or deployed elsewhere.

Thanks for the info.

I am sure I read that Caddis was playiing in a  friendly against Aberdeen instead of this match.