Steve Lomas

glenrothes saintee

Just out of curiousity, what did Lennon get for all his ranting raving and moaning again??

Was thinking the same!!

8 games really is harsh for a bit of industrial language(no wonder when Watt got on at Parkheid) and rightly calling Brittain a cheat!! He gets caught up emotionally in the game,and i'm not going to condemn him for it,it's maybe slightly unprofessional,but give me a manager who cares about his team any day,

Was thinking the same!!

8 games really is harsh for a bit of industrial language(no wonder when Watt got on at Parkheid) and rightly calling Brittain a cheat!! He gets caught up emotionally in the game,and i'm not going to condemn him for it,it's maybe slightly unprofessional,but give me a manager who cares about his team any day,

Have you posted your thoughts Dave?

Passion is one thing. Ill discipline and petulance is another. What does it achieve? Does the fourth official change his mind? Is the ref influenced positively? It's constant with Lomas and it is pointless. Right from his first games hes been in trouble with officials for swearing at them etc. Its not passion, its losing control, its unnecessary. You can show passion without behaving like a toddler and earning a reputation. Stupid.

I would love for Lomas to come in the East stand during at least one of his banned games and see what the passionate fans have to put up with. If he came as a fan could the league give any sanctions against his comments?

I think if he were to stand in the East stand we would certainly try to create a great atmosphere for him which could spur the players on in his absence?

Dont have a great deal of sympathy for him, although given what others have been up to over the years, eight games seems harsh.

He was warned when he got the two game suspended sentence, so should have known better.

Now it will be interesting to see what they hit Shiels with.

Very difficult to take the moral high ground when your job is in the passionate environment of Scottish football. Would we have acted any differently to these disgraceful examples of poor refereeing?

The club should and will appeal a ridiculously long ban. Looking at Celtic forums they are all in agreement that the sentence is ridiculous.

Keep going Steve.