Dundee vs. Saints 30/09/06

Radford 72

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Support again pity Tayside Police had to wade in and eject folk for no reason at all.

See on this point - i noticed 3 that were ejected. Two resisted going, and the second (whom is indeed Barty of this forum) did not need to get involve the way he did and go up in the policemans face the way he did. He then continued to resist it, making it difficult for the policeman who then had no choice but to man handle them down the stairs.

As much as i don't want to see people get chucked out, some just do themselves no favours at all.

On to the game.........

Thought we had a good first half controlling the game but again too many "off" performances.

where's all these comments about us playing against ten men for? we were also playing with 10 men the whole match - Lawrie is carried through every game, lets us down nearly every game and is going to continue to do so unless he gets his finger out and gets a rocket up his arse.

our right hand side is needing strengthened but i don't think OC knows his best starting 11 yet either. the players won't be able to get into a settled team but one brucey bonus (or 3!) is the commitment and effort from Anderson, Sheerin and Mensing - who are all maintaining the standards they have set (and expected!) themselves.

Hopefully this break will give a few players a chance to get over there injury worries, and give the over worked players a break. Not much more to add to everyone elses posts.

Clyde, Livingston and Dundee - silly draws!

What a frustrating day!! Definitely two points dropped and I'm not sure i've been as frustrated as today with some of the Saints players! As good as Scotland is he did not even break sweat today and its becoming a habit! He'll have a good game and then not bother turning up the week after.

I'm not even going to start on Lawrie. He is the worst right back i have seen in a long time and i'd much rather see one of the younger lads at the club getting a run out before him.

Didn't think Hardie played great and i personally don't believe he is a right midfielder. At least from Hardie you get effort and you know he is playing for the club. Same goes for Sheerin, Sheridan and Mensing.

Hopefully the break will be just what we need and we will be ready for the visit of Gretna.

RANT OVER :evil:

it looked alright fae the pub watchin the scores till the scummers equalised.why pay money into dense when ye can sit in a dundee boozer,get drunk and have the banter with the soapdodgers.nae polis,nae stewards,nae overpriced crap refreshments.oh and nae windgers.braw day oot . :D

it looked alright fae the pub watchin the scores till the scummers equalised.why pay money into dense when ye can sit in a dundee boozer,get drunk and have the banter with the soapdodgers.nae polis,nae stewards,nae overpriced crap refreshments.oh and nae windgers.braw day oot . :D
that sounds better mate

Lets all calm down. we are coming up to the end of the first quarter and we are up there. Barring a disaster against Greeetna next week how many of you would not have taken where we are now at the start of the season.

The worst thing that happened to the Saints to day was when the scum had a player sent off. We didnt adjust at all to the situation. We still should have been comfertable at half time but we werent. But we did not get beat so another point gained from one of the top teams away from home. And mark my words they will be one of the top teams by the end of the season.

All is not going to go our way but we are grinding out results this season. If today had been last season we would have succumbed to a scum winner we would not have beaten Airdrie and one of livis late chnces would have dropped in the back of the net.

We are about to meet Rangers in a money spinning quarter final of the league cup. So guys what the hell is the problem we are a first division team with first division players and are sitting in the top three of the first division and are the only first division team left in the cup. Good First Quarter. now lets settle down and let the size of our squad pay remeber we have a shed load of players either not playing or unfit.

One last thing it may have been mentioned but i cant be as*** reading all the moaning. The young guy lawson or lowson whatever. Im wondering if we are still up there at xmas whether he will sign. i like the way he looks wide for the out ball. Before you all jump and say the were all over the place the guy hasnt kicked a ball for two months or so in anger I just like the way he playes the game.

Why is everyone having a go at Lawrie....it was McManus that Swankie waltzed past easily to set up the Junkie for the goal!

We would have taken a point before the game and would have been pleased to be equal top by October if we awere asked a couple of months ago so lets stop complaining.I notice less posts when we do well than when we dont do quite so well.

We are still unbeaten though or am i dreaming?

Lets all calm down. we are coming up to the end of the first quarter and we are up there. Barring a disaster against Greeetna next week how many of you would not have taken where we are now at the start of the season.

The worst thing that happened to the Saints to day was when the scum had a player sent off. We didnt adjust at all to the situation. We still should have been comfertable at half time but we werent. But we did not get beat so another point gained from one of the top teams away from home. And mark my words they will be one of the top teams by the end of the season.

All is not going to go our way but we are grinding out results this season. If today had been last season we would have succumbed to a scum winner we would not have beaten Airdrie and one of livis late chnces would have dropped in the back of the net.

We are about to meet Rangers in a money spinning quarter final of the league cup. So guys what the hell is the problem we are a first division team with first division players and are sitting in the top three of the first division and are the only first division team left in the cup. Good First Quarter. now lets settle down and let the size of our squad pay remeber we have a shed load of players either not playing or unfit.

Darn tootin to all of that.

Aye thats it then, 3rd place, thats the league over.

Part- time football next season, only open 1 stand per home game, don't fix the scoreboard.

God sake, stop moaning and being negative. We should be top of the league outright, we will be soon.

He's pointing out the obvious, we are in third position, not joint top. If it was the last day of the season, Gretna would be promotion on a +2 goal difference!

FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK

Im pretty pissed off about that! But still in honesty I have said before I would take 3 points from the 3 games.

however we let livi off the hook and by christ let ourselves down today once the first went in we should of been out of sight even playing against 9 men we were second to everything!! We bottled it right royaly today!!

On the up side we are still in there but it could and should of been so much better.

Oh well back to the vino

Why is everyone having a go at Lawrie....it was McManus that Swankie waltzed past easily to set up the Junkie for the goal!

No it wasn't, it was Lawrie.

Although Swankie did well to skin him, I think it was poor defending from an experienced player. The right hand side of the team is poor just now. Hardie offers no protection in the way Sheerin does on the other side.

SJC comments about the negativity here but no wonder there is negativity! I thought we were excellent in the first half, keeping the ball on the ground and spreading across the pitch and capped it with a great goal. Second half saw a completely different team. We sat back and thought we had the game won. Far too often the ball was hoofed to milne and scotland who disappeared in the second half. Play the ball into jason's feet and you get success. Thought Coyle's substitutions were wrong today aswell, Sheridan had a good game, didn't allow dundee's midfield much room and spread the ball about. Although Scotland wasn't having his best game you still feel he could create something out of nothing but he was replaced by a winger! Thought second half was typified when Anderson had all the time in the world, danced around the ball before launching it out for a dundee goalkick! If we play like we did in the first I feel we can beat anybody in this league but to sit back and invite a team on us is asking for trouble.

I agree with almost everything you say here, the substitutions were poor, I undesrtand taking Milne off, but Peaso isn't doing it just now, put Jackson on (I know he wasn't on the bench) and he'd have pulled them all over the place especially as it wasn't the paciest back-line. Lawson didn't have the bite that Sheridan was giving us and allowed them to almost bypass our midfield at will and Scotland was just starting to look a tad dangerous on the break.

Only thing I can question is the point about negativity, yeah it feels like adefeat, but if we had been offered to be in the position we are just now at the start of the season... I'm pretty sure nearly everyone would have said yes... I think that's SJC's point!

If the roles had been reversed today, and we'd lost a guy after 5 minutes, does anyone think we'd have turned in a performance (in terms of efffort and commitment) like Dundee, and have taken a point?

Yes... teams do it time and time again... if a team feels hard-done by they invariably come out fighting.

It looked to me like they were told at half time to go easy on the physical stuff to avoid giving Freeland an excuse to even up the numbers, but it was taken too literally. I can't remember one good tackle in the whole second half, despite the fact Dundee were getting more of the ball and more pressure.

I do feel though that any team playing against 10 men for 82 minutes should be expected to win.

I'll take issue with that... a ten-man Italian National side would thump us! I know that's a terrible example, but it shows my point... anyway, I know you were waiting for the "It's difficult to beat ten men" but it often can be, why would so many people involved in the game say it?

I'll take issue with that... a ten-man Italian National side would thump us! I know that's a terrible example, but it shows my point... anyway, I know you were waiting for the "It's difficult to beat ten men" but it often can be, why would so many people involved in the game say it?

I agree. I noticed your earlier comment too...

It does happen all of the time, a one man advantage should be a good thing but for a lot of teams it ends up being the one thing that beats them. Underdogs triumph against the odds so often in football that it's almost guaranteed to happen!

You have to wonder what it is OC says to the players at half time, as against airdrie, livvy and dundee, we've gone it at half time dominating the match, and when the players return to the pitch the tempo completley drops. Although i noticed it in the previous games, it was blatantley obvious yesterday. The defence sitting to deep, balls aren't being closed down and the midfield becomes non-existant. The contrast in the players motivation from first half performances with second half performances is unbeliveable, and i'm afraid this has to be put down to OC.

Also what is it with us trying to walk the ball into the back of the net. There were numerous chances where we could have had a crack from outside the box, where if we didn't score we may have won a corner, or at least lifted the fans a bit. but instead we over passed the ball and gave dundee the opportunity to break.

Felt that the team weren't up for it and the attitude seemed to be they are down to ten men so we can stop working, our goal only heightened this attitiude.

Coyle again looked to be a bit niave tactically, why not move to a 3-4-3 when they went down to ten men and go for it, Hardie could have become the third forward and Stanic into midfield. Had we gone for this then I believe we could have given them a roasting and maybe saved Andy feckin Lawrie from one as well.

As much as some are trying to defend him, it's becoming a bit of defending the indefensible, the guy is a liability of the highest order, but for some to suggest we should bring back Stevo :roll::roll::roll:

When Dundeee were in the SPL they played against Celtic at dens and had a player sent of very early on and if memory serves me right they held out for a draw. Both managers said afterwarsd that the 10 men actually hindered both teams. Scotland actually lost out on qualification to the World cup or euro(?) a few years ago because they couldn't beat 10 men.