Wright Reported - Lustig 'elbow'

MySpazz

SFA dont want Saints in European football again.

I dont think Saints will be playing in Europe next and to be honest I think it might be a good thing if we do miss out this term -Particularly when the squad is unsettled- with guys moving on and the potential of a player ripping up his contract after discussing it with the Chairman -I dont think we are ready for Europe and would rather have another tour of Ireland instaed and take it from there.

I dont think Saints will be playing in Europe next and to be honest I think it might be a good thing if we do miss out this term -Particularly when the squad is unsettled- with guys moving on and the potential of a player ripping up his contract after discussing it with the Chairman -I dont think we are ready for Europe and would rather have another tour of Ireland instaed and take it from there.

Sorry ancient but I don't think it's ever a case of being ready or not.. the simple fact is we have a chance this weekend to equal our highest ever league position, something we've only achieved twice before in our history!

.....WTF..what kind of post is that??? Away back to your cave ??We need enthusasim not this guff..we are trying to be the best we can be.ffs.

====

:shock: WTF. Ancient you are usually the most sensible dude on here.... European football, 2 years on the bounce would be fantastic for Saints. Might even attract some more fans back. Lets not forget that it was Euro footie that attracted the likes of Tade to us in the first place...........on second thoughts, mibees Ireland then.

I can see both sides but as I have said before if you have no ambition you would be as well watching football doon the inch. Wright's ban stinks on so many levels!

1. Let's win this one for EVERYONE connected with Saints, players,manager, fans!

2. Let's hope we DO qualify for Europe, it would be a right 2 fingered salute to everyone out with Saints.

3. Let's give Craig, Muzz, et al who are leaving a whale of a send off, and prove that unlike some other teams playing, not just in our league that we are a team of integrity.

4. Proud to be a Saintee!!!!!

i think this is the most negative post ever

should we set our sights on Luncarty Scone thistle and bankfoot for our tour

are you a member of the steering group who ever they may be

maybe you should do the team talk  (are we ready for a top six place)

most important game of the season and you come away with this shit

sad thing is i don't this a wind up

==========================

Maybe this type of attitude is the inherent reason I left Perth so many years ago. My comments are nothing to do with the football club I love but the town  city I was brought up in.

Wind up or not, Ancient raises a big issue here.  If we make it into Europe, we will have an unsettled squad, but that is the norm for teams outwith the OF - one year deals being the standard, and players seeking better deals each year.  While we have a handful of players with undecided futures, so do every other team, and the lure of Europa League football will undoubtedly put us at the top of the list for players who want a new challenge/experience.  It's a huge incentive for us to get behind the team for Sunday IMO.

The changeover from one season to the next will always result in an unsettled squad to some degree or other for a club the size of Saints.  Therefore if you believe Ancient's reasoning, Saints will never be ready for Europe.

And that would be one hell of a team talk by Lomas prior to the Motherwell game - "Ok lads, throw the game, but don't make it obvious, because we just won't be good enough for European games."

Lot of people bashing the guy who questioned our chances. Gonna go on record as feeling the same. I looked more than 4 times at flights, and genuinley considered attending the match.

My reasons for not attending:

Kick off time is ridic

We "always" lose to 'Well (my experience, rather than fact)

It'll be on TV somewhere

I have to me Lark Saint!

My reasons for even considering the long journey up:

The club has done a FANTASTIC job of promoting this match, and shout out and mad props to Cunningham Video.

I still #believe but .....

He has been speaking about budget cuts again.

I see that now - sorry.  I would suggest that the budget cuts apply across Scottish football though, and not just Saints.  All of the out of contract players in the SPL cannot go to the OF or down south surely?  

I mean times are tough.  I work in the housebuilding industry, and have to accept that I look for work in another industry, or accept poorer remuneration to keep doing what I do best.  How should football be any different? 

I see that now - sorry.  I would suggest that the budget cuts apply across Scottish football though, and not just Saints.  All of the out of contract players in the SPL cannot go to the OF or down south surely?  

I mean times are tough.  I work in the housebuilding industry, and have to accept that I look for work in another industry, or accept poorer remuneration to keep doing what I do best.  How should football be any different? 

I am not slagging him in anyway.  Its realistic.

His pre match interview is much better than reading it in the press.  Its not a moan from Lomas he answered a question honestly.

completely agree.  However, it suggests that we overspent this year, either through an unrealistic budget or by spending more than budgeted on players.  I suppose its a problem of not knowing what reconstruction will mean etc too though.  Players are on short contracts, and we can't plan for next season.  Very frustrating. 

are you saints pr, sorry that is a insult to saints pr

you can stick your smiley face where the sun don't shine

who is your first team that you "supported"

please go

back to them

thinking the old firm

When is the operation?

No way that hook will come out on its own.