Europa League Dates & Details

MySpazz

Nice part of the world, but it was £5 a pint in 1997 when over for Scotland game,God knows what it will be now!

Sweden much less expensive than it was, Norway still a ridic place to drink...... pray for Mariehammn (FI) in the middle of the Baltic cos it's a tax free place!

Sweden much less expensive than it was, Norway still a ridic place to drink...... pray for Mariehammn (FI) in the middle of the Baltic cos it's a tax free place!

I'm in Helsinki and it's not too bad, you can pay anywhere from 2.50 to 7 euros for a pint. No worse than Edinburgh, just a case of avoiding dreadful, trendy city centre pubs.

IFK Mariehamn would be fantastic, it's a tiny wee town, perfect for an invasion!

Edited by Mike

In local parlance, the booze cruise is called the "f*ck boat".

=================================

Helsinki, I have been on the infamous Mariehamn to Stockholm cruise. Boarded in Mariehamn around 8 am and set sail. By 10 am there were topless women in the outside Jacuzzis - now it wasnt that warm. Funniest thing is that we were inside in one of the lounges having a "management meeting" at the time with all my peers and bosses from around the world. Arrived Stockholm around 4 pm where all the swedes poured onboard and that is when it started getting "hairy". As soon as we sailed from Stockholm, the duty free shops were open and every single cabin seemed to be full of people, partying like mad and necking from the spirit bottles. So by the time dinner had ended at about 10 pm, the whole ship was legless, I remember going in to the gents, and one of the toilet doors had been ripped off but there was still some swede with his trousers round his ankles having a tom-tit :shock:. After dinner and it was on to the "disco". Well I have never seen a grab a granny night as graphic as this one. Even slf would have pulled. I do have recollections of someone stumbling in to my cabin at around 5 am as he had obviously bounced all the way down the alley-way and till something gave way. On berthing around 8 a.m., there was a long line of very drunken swedes at customer service looking for shoes, cabin keys, friends etc. I even stepped across someone getting a blow job in the alleyway as I was departing with my luggage. Highly recommended but not for the faint hearted !!!!!!            

O yes, make a big wish for IFK Mariehamn or FC Stockholm

AthensSaint - anyone who knows that boat, knows the score!

When i done that trip, i punched my best mate in the ear over a Finnish lass, tried to breakdance mid dancefloor, got threatened with the cells (yep, they have CELLS) on the ship for being proper battered.....never succeeded wtih the lass til we arrived in Helsinki.... moved in for 3 days - oh to be 24 years old again!

PRAY For Mariehamm - .i often refer to the boat trip as the "most premeditated drinking" i ever did.

SAINTS IN EUROPE! ....mon that....

Gents, my post includes no exaggeration...the cruiseship is a blast. Though, MySpazz  must have looked a baby at 25 as the average age must have been mid-fifties when i was onboard. Mariehamn is a great weel town (small but wonderful). If we get IFC Mariehamn, then expect a party to remember as they are wonderful people (Finnish but speak swedish - :?:).    

Teams we can possibly get:

• Hapoel Tel Aviv
  • Aalborg
  • Anorthosis Famagusta
  • Bursaspor
  • Legia Warsaw
  • Maccabi Haifa
  • Metalurh Donetsk
  • Omonia

Things should be made clearer this weekend, when league campaigns are finished and cup finals are played

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Keep us posted on this list. Seems small though.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Keep us posted on this list. Seems small though.

There the confirmed teams who are likely to be seeded, still got teams from the first round like Rosenborg to join them and teams from Dutch, Belgian, Polish leagues etc to join them who should be seeded

Teams we can possibly get:

• Hapoel Tel Aviv
  • Aalborg
  • Anorthosis Famagusta
  • Bursaspor
  • Legia Warsaw
  • Maccabi Haifa
  • Metalurh Donetsk
  • Omonia

Things should be made clearer this weekend, when league campaigns are finished and cup finals are played

Not sure I fancy any of them really

Edited by Scobby_SJFC

Out of the above I would be over the moon with Anorthosis Famagusta, Omonia or Aalborg. Not keen on travelling to Israel or Eastern Europe for football. There would be no friendly welcomes that we experienced last year in these places, quite the opposite in fact. As for Bursaspor I feel with our connections to EsEs and the amount of their fans that would travel to be in our end there is a potential for trouble there as well.