Europa League 2Nd Qualifying Round Draw

The Inspiration

more important would be  - how much is a carry out? 

like for example a litre of vodka ,12 cans and a packet of crisps.

I'm pretty sure it's the same as Sweden and Finland where you can only get booze stronger than beer from state owned shops. If this is the case then try to scope one out early as there are nowhere near as many of them as there should be and they tend to close about 5 minutes before you arrive.

I was talking pish before, you can take duty free at your connecting airport if its in the sealed duty free bag. It's explained in the link here: http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/travel-information/baggage/restrictions/duty-free-liquids.html

Some folk are saying if you buy duty free at Edinburgh airport , fly to Oslo , and then get another flight to Trondheim you will not be able to take your duty free on the internal flight. Anybody clarify this ?

I was talking pish before, you can take duty free at your connecting airport if its in the sealed duty free bag. It's explained in the link here: http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/travel-information/baggage/restrictions/duty-free-liquids.html

I think where your problem may be if your duty free is in your hand luggage you won't get it through security at Torp (if you have to) as the max liquid container your allowed is 50ml..

Does anyone know the cheapest way of getting from Oslo Torp to Trondheim?

Id say walking, hitch hiking or cycling would be cheapest.

But if your looking for an alternative try this info from the Rosenborg English website

Airlines

Trondheim Airport Værnes is located 40 km east of the city. There are (sadly) only a few destiations abroad. Norwegian Air Shuttle can however bring you from London Standsted (England), Murcia (Spain), Alicante (Spain), Nice (France), Prague (Czech Republic), Warsaw (Poland), Riga (Latvia), Split (Croatia) and Dubrovnik (Croatia) to Trondheim. SAS fly to Stockholm (Sweden) and Alicante (Spain), Widerøe fly to Copenhagen (Denmark), while Dutch KLM have a direct route to Amsterdam (the Netherlands). Fares from aprox. €80 (look for special offers).

Because of the big distances in Norway travelling by plane is pretty inexpensive compared to the other ways of travelling. Earlier mentioned SAS and Norwegian Air Shuttle are the two airlines operating between Oslo and Trondheim. Fares from aprox. €50, Norwegian usually a bit cheaper than SAS.

Car/bus

Road Rv3 (riksvei 3) via Elverum through Østerdalen (the Eastern Valley) is the shortest and fastest if you are travelling by car. Road E6 throuh Gudbrandsdalen (the Valley of Gudbrand) is a bit longer, but the nature in this valley is more exciting and beautiful. The standard of the roads is not that impressive, and travelling time for e.g. Rv3 is at least 6-7 hours.

There are several coach routes between Oslo and Trondheim through both valleys. Nor-WAY Bussekspress and Lavprisekspressen are the two biggest operators. Fares from aprox. €40.

Railway

As with the coaches there are railways in both valleys. But you should really choose to travel with "Dovrebanen" (the Dovre line) through Gudbrandsdalen. That is the fastest line with the nicest nature outside your window. NSB are operating all railways in Norway. Fares from aprox. €80 (special offers from aprox. €20).

no. If you buy duty free in an EU/Norway airport, it can go hand luggage if it remains in the sealed bag that you get the duty free in.

that's how i read the info on that page i posted.

I think where your problem may be if your duty free is in your hand luggage you won't get it through security at Torp (if you have to) as the max liquid container your allowed is 50ml..

Me and the boy doing Edinburgh-----Standstead----Torp-----Trodheim starting out Wednesday morning arriving in the evening.Its a bit of a journey but works out no to expensive.Anybody else doing that route?

Yeah loads doing that. A group of 17 from perth anyway

Arrive back from Spain on the Tuesday night, straight up the road from Newcastle, drop the missus and then up to Aberdeen,  to fly Trondheim with my two lads on the Wednesday Morning, back Friday, change at Stavanger for a couple of hours, the holiday flights better no be delayed as only 3 hours to spare!!!, anyone any idea of how the pubs over there are with kids getting in, hoping its like here when you order food etc they are allowed in, but if no, carry oot will be cheaper anyway!! 

Edited by crieffsaintandy

anyone any idea of how the pubs over there are with kids getting in, hoping its like here when you order food etc they are allowed in, but if no, carry oot will be cheaper anyway!! 

-

I never experienced any problems getting into pubs with my dad when I was a kid  :roll:

Arrive back from Spain on the Tuesday night, straight up the road from Newcastle, drop the missus and then up to Aberdeen, to fly Trondheim with my two lads on the Wednesday Morning, back Friday, change at Stavanger for a couple of hours, the holiday flights better no be delayed as only 3 hours to spare!!!, anyone any idea of how the pubs over there are with kids getting in, hoping its like here when you order food etc they are allowed in, but if no, carry oot will be cheaper anyway!!

Im taking the young lad as well Andy. As far as I know there aint any problems mate.