Semi Final Ticket Details

glenrothes saintee

For those who do not already know, a card display is being organised for this match.  We have been in contact with a local company over the past couple of weeks and now have a rough price.  The display will most likely be kept simple, however should still be effective.  1,850 white card and 1,850 blue card are set to be ordered in A3 size.  Obviously, we are holding off before we fully know that the Roseburn stand is sold out - if we do not manage to do this, It will be re-assessed and perhaps done on a lesser scale.  In order to pay for the display, bucket collections at the next couple of home games is an option.

In terms of the display, what are your thoughts?  As stated, personally feel simple is the way forward - perhaps a checkered design or stripes? 

Anyone who has previous experience in this area or if you would simply like to help, please send me a message. 

For those who do not already know, a card display is being organised for this match.  We have been in contact with a local company over the past couple of weeks and now have a rough price.  The display will most likely be kept simple, however should still be effective.  1,850 white card and 1,850 blue card are set to be ordered in A3 size.  Obviously, we are holding off before we fully know that the Roseburn stand is sold out - if we do not manage to do this, It will be re-assessed and perhaps done on a lesser scale.  In order to pay for the display, bucket collections at the next couple of home games is an option.

In terms of the display, what are your thoughts?  As stated, personally feel simple is the way forward - perhaps a checkered design or stripes? 

Anyone who has previous experience in this area or if you would simply like to help, please send me a message. 

What a fantastic idea PerthSaints. Hopefully you get the support you deserve. With no live TV coverage, I will miss it though :sad:  

keep the faith

we are Perth

How exactly? It's all true and its all relevant.

Of course, everybody thinks they are better at journalism than those who are actually journalists...

How do you know it's all true?

Many of these 'journalists' copy what they read on forums or print unsubstantiated matters. If that's not lazy, I don't know what is.

Decent journalists don't do that.

Note that I'm not saying all journalists do that, Mr Touchy.

If someone said accountants were thieving greedy b*st&rds, I'd just laugh and agree. :laugh:

What a fantastic idea PerthSaints. Hopefully you get the support you deserve. With no live TV coverage, I will miss it though :sad:  

if we are the away team I should be down the other end when the teams come out so will make sure this is put on video and has a few pictures taken of it.

I am also hoping we do a mass "bandosu ispanyol" with scarfs pre kick off.

How do you know it's all true?

Many of these 'journalists' copy what they read on forums or print unsubstantiated matters. If that's not lazy, I don't know what is.

Decent journalists don't do that.

Note that I'm not saying all journalists do that, Mr Touchy.

If someone said accountants were thieving greedy b*st&rds, I'd just laugh and agree. :laugh:

It's all sourced and quoted in the copy. Which will have been subbed down. The author of the story is very well respected in his field.

The chances of you reading a sports news story (and by that I mean news as in something that has happened and not wild speculation) or any form of news story that is totally unsubstantiated is ridiculously minimal. I write for all the national newspapers and if there's anything even vaguely questionable in the copy I file the newsdesks are straight on the phone interrogating me and ensuring everything is kosher.

As for 'decent' journalist, the author of this story certainly is that.

I'm just fed up of people describing any story they don't like as "lazy" journalism. Just because a story doesn't require massive amounts of investigation doesn't mean it isn't legitimate.

Last year I had a guy go nuts at me accusing me of "lazy" journalism and telling me to "get some facts". This was a guy I had contacted because he was involved in a story, and I wanted to interview him. How exactly I was to "get some facts" without interviewing those involved was never established, and quite what was "lazy" about getting in contact with those people was also never established. Perhaps he wanted me to do it while running a 10k or something...

How exactly? It's all true and its all relevant.

Of course, everybody thinks they are better at journalism than those who are actually journalists...

SO what you are saying is that the geezer writing is correct and Aberdeen fans ARE "snapping up" tickets for our end. I thought somebody said that was a piss take ???? 

For those who do not already know, a card display is being organised for this match. We have been in contact with a local company over the past couple of weeks and now have a rough price. The display will most likely be kept simple, however should still be effective. 1,850 white card and 1,850 blue card are set to be ordered in A3 size. Obviously, we are holding off before we fully know that the Roseburn stand is sold out - if we do not manage to do this, It will be re-assessed and perhaps done on a lesser scale. In order to pay for the display, bucket collections at the next couple of home games is an option.

In terms of the display, what are your thoughts? As stated, personally feel simple is the way forward - perhaps a checkered design or stripes?

Thats a braw idea

a mass bandosu ispanyol involving the rug section too!

It's all sourced and quoted in the copy. Which will have been subbed down. The author of the story is very well respected in his field.

The chances of you reading a sports news story (and by that I mean news as in something that has happened and not wild speculation) or any form of news story that is totally unsubstantiated is ridiculously minimal. I write for all the national newspapers and if there's anything even vaguely questionable in the copy I file the newsdesks are straight on the phone interrogating me and ensuring everything is kosher.

Unless your Jane Lewis and you only bother to read the Celtic website and take it as Gospel.

I'm just fed up of people describing any story they don't like as "lazy" journalism. Just because a story doesn't require massive amounts of investigation doesn't mean it isn't legitimate.

Last year I had a guy go nuts at me accusing me of "lazy" journalism and telling me to "get some facts". This was a guy I had contacted because he was involved in a story, and I wanted to interview him. How exactly I was to "get some facts" without interviewing those involved was never established, and quite what was "lazy" about getting in contact with those people was also never established. Perhaps he wanted me to do it while running a 10k or something...

And qualified accountants are regulated by their professional body, follow the rules at all times and place clients' interests first. They are upstanding, decent, honest and trustworthy at all times.

So they are. They never overcharge, make mistakes or even consider that it might be possible to be dishonest. For certain.

You may adhere to the rules of professional conduct, and so may the one you refer to above. Many don't.

Whoever has upset you I don't know, but I have renamed you Mr Touchy, Mr Touchy, and shall refer to you as such from now on. :laugh:

For those who do not already know, a card display is being organised for this match. We have been in contact with a local company over the past couple of weeks and now have a rough price. The display will most likely be kept simple, however should still be effective. 1,850 white card and 1,850 blue card are set to be ordered in A3 size. Obviously, we are holding off before we fully know that the Roseburn stand is sold out - if we do not manage to do this, It will be re-assessed and perhaps done on a lesser scale. In order to pay for the display, bucket collections at the next couple of home games is an option.

In terms of the display, what are your thoughts? As stated, personally feel simple is the way forward - perhaps a checkered design or stripes?

Awesome idea

My concern with the press article is that it seems to jump on the wind-up from the Dons fans as gospel.  While I'm sure a few idiots will try and buy tickets in our end, I reckon it'll be a handful at most.  The way the article is written suggests that loads have done it.

I'm afraid that the majority of the population still consider illegal activity to be OK as long as 'everyone else is doing it'.  I fear such an article will lead to more idiots jumping on the non-existent bandwagon and causing a problem.

While i don't doubt your journalistic ability and I know that it is too easy to accuse them of being lazy, all I can see sourced in this article is this:

that Police Scotland will eject fans found in the wrong end

and that Aberdeen have sold all their tickets.

While I am sure some Aberdeen fans will have bought tickets in the Saints end but I have seen no evidence of that except for a few claims on the internet. if they have, as long as they behave themselves then i don't care. The one Dons fan I have seen posting here claims that these are all well-known wind-up merchants.