Possible Appeal?

The ghost of Jim Morton

Will Saints appeal either of the red cards today?

Under normal circumstances I think the might but and this is a big BUT...

If we appeal then both players will be available for the Partick game and the appeal will be heard on Thur-Fri this coming week. Now here's the rub...

If the appeals fail then both players will miss the next two games.. Dundee utd away AND

THE SEMI.....

So , given how many appeals get turned down, should we  just take it on the chin???

Can you actually appeal a decision on the basis you don't agree with the referees decision? Is it not the only way this would be over turned either the ref after seeing it again admits in his match report that he feels he got it wrong?

No Seany, you can appeal as a club if you think the  decision was wrong.. We did it a few weeks ago with Paddy Cregg..

I was baffled to see Anderson given a red for that. My understanding was that it was no longer about being "the last man" but entirely down to whether a clear goal scoring opportunity was denied. This is obviously open to interpretation but the player was miles from goal, the other defenders were nearby and he still had 20 odd yards to run and a goalkeeper to beat. Absolute nonsense. Yellow card all day long.

Not worth appealing Mannus' red.

No Seany, you can appeal as a club if you think the  decision was wrong.. We did it a few weeks ago with Paddy Cregg..

And lost as we usually do.If it puts at risk the chance of the 2 of them playing in the semi then I would say we should just accept them unless TW has seen the highlights and is convinced it has a chance.

And lost as we usually do.If it puts at risk the chance of the 2 of them playing in the semi then I would say we should just accept them unless TW has seen the highlights and is convinced it has a chance.

Anderson would not lose out on the semi as it was a league match he was sent off in and it was not for violent conduct. Only violent conducts crosses competitions.

Violent conduct is a 2 game ban.

If Mannus gets anymore than a 2 game ban I can see us appealing that as I feel we would have a strong case when you compare it bans others received for probably a lot worse.

His ban will not increase as it is something the ref has seen and dealt with.. 2 games no more..

Players Sent Off for Denying the Opposing Team or an Opponent a Goal or an Obvious

Goal Scoring Opportunity as Defined by Law 12

A player who is sent off for denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an

obvious goal scoring opportunity as defined by Law 12, will have 5 penalty points added to

his applicable League disciplinary record. In addition, he will automatically be suspended in

that competition until such time as his club has completed one match in the competition

The following qualification applies:-

– A player who is sent off for serious foul play or violent conduct is suspended

automatically until such time as his club's team(s) has completed a match in a

competition for which he would otherwise be eligible for selection.

– A player who is sent off for spitting at an opponent or any other person is

suspended automatically until such time as his club’s team(s) has completed its

next two matches in competitions for which he would otherwise be eligible for

selection.

Players Sent Off for Denying the Opposing Team or an Opponent a Goal or an Obvious

A player who is sent off for denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an

obvious goal scoring opportunity as defined by Law 12, will have 5 penalty points added to

his applicable League disciplinary record. In addition, he will automatically be suspended in

that competition until such time as his club has completed one match in the competition

– A player who is sent off for serious foul play or violent conduct is suspended

selection.

I read that earlier but the date I saw on it was 2011 I think.. That makes you think one game for mannus but both Cregg and fallon got two???

His ban will not increase as it is something the ref has seen and dealt with.. 2 games no more..

Then I think we should just accept the bans for both Ando and Mannus. Ando's may have been a bit harsh but the ref felt he was following the letter of the law and will without doubt get the support of the powers that be. As for Mannus, if any panel can sit through that melee and come out with a different decision than the ref made, then gaun yersel'. 

Then I think we should just accept the bans for both Ando and Mannus. Ando's may have been a bit harsh but the ref felt he was following the letter of the law and will without doubt get the support of the powers that be. As for Mannus, if any panel can sit through that melee and come out with a different decision than the ref made, then gaun yersel'. 

so why was this not applicable when Midge (I think) was brought down in similar circumstances?

and why did he only give the penalties when the linesman at either end was waving their flags like a college cheerleader?

the ref was an embarrassment.

Edited by Oldermoresensiblepack

so why was this not applicable when Midge (I think) was brought down in similar circumstances?

and why did he only give the penalties when the linesman at either end was waving their flags like a college cheerleader?

the ref was an embarrassment.

I don't disagree at all on your comments about the ref's overall performance.

I was commenting on the value of appeals, and don't think it's worth the money in either case.

I don't disagree at all on your comments about the ref's overall performance.

I was commenting on the value of appeals, and don't think it's worth the money in either case.

So basically the letter of the law is (in Scottish football at any rate) dependent on which team you play for?

If it states your off surely the Yamm should have been off?

Displays like that do nothing to dispel the argument that our referees are incompetent or bent.

selection.

Thatis from the old rules ancient,