Rangers vs. Saints 08/11/06

Radford 72

Shame the game is being a bit overshadowed by the managerial situation but hopefully the Pars will name someone else tomorrow and we can focus on this.

Huge decisions for Coyle to make. Peaso will work his socks off, is a better finisher and is the man in possession of the jersey but Jason is Jason, our best player and the one guy who feel could do them real damage.

Lawson uses the ball intelligently but let himself get would up against Clyde because of his Celtic connections. McLaren needs a bit of faith shown in him and with Shez you are guaranteed to get someone who won't freeze and would be a good influence on those around him.

I'd go dogs of war in the centre of midfield with Sheridan and Mensing, with Hardie and Sheerin in the wide areas.

Feel sorry for Peaso but Jason has to start in attack IMO.

Halliwell

Lawrie - Anderson - McManus - Stanic

Hardie - Mensing - Sheridan - Sheerin

Scotland - Milne

Subbies: Cuthbert, Lawson, McLaren, MacDonald, Jackson.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I wouldnt have Shez anywhere near the starting eleven. He struggled to keep up with the Partick midfield yesterday, so he'll have no chance up against the Gers. Ill bring Lawson back in, tough tackler great attacking player, and he will be up for it.

Jason in for Peaso im affraid.

Halliwell

Lawrie Ando McManus Stanic

Hardie Mensing Lawson Sheerin

Scotland Savo

Personally I wouldnt have Shez anywhere near the starting eleven. He struggled to keep up with the Partick midfield yesterday, so he'll have no chance up against the Gers. Ill bring Lawson back in, tough tackler great attacking player, and he will be up for it.

Jason in for Peaso im affraid.

Halliwell

Lawrie Ando McManus Stanic

Scotland Savo

Have to agree with this, with Lawsons ability, you cant leave him out its just unquestionable. I would of thought he would be the most fired up player, apart from Scotland, both have points to prove :!:

MOOOOON THEEEE SAAAAAAAINTEEES :D:D:D:D:D

Scotland has to start - I think this is the sort of game he'll relish as he'll be out to impress and will probably work his socks off. I'd probably aim to pack the midfield and go with...

______________Halliwell

Lawrie___Anderson____McManus___Stanic

______________Mensing_______________

______Hardie___Sheridan___Sheerin

_______________Milne________________

______________Scotland______________

why is people leaving lawson out? whats wrong with him?

dont you think he'll want to impress as much as scotland will

Lawson quoted saying that he really wants to impress, he has played once at ibrox and won and would like to keep that record he says.

And also wants to prove things to his celtic manager.

Halliwell

Lawrie Ando Mcmanus Stanic

Mensing Lawson Sheerin

Scotland Milne

Peaso

I would go for a 4-3-2-1. Giving enough cover in midfield, as i think mensing would cover for scotland. Meaning we would have two people on the wing who could easily attack rangers, leaving peaso as an out and out striker!!!!!!!! mon the saints. This of course, will never happen!

why is people leaving lawson out? whats wrong with him?

dont you think he'll want to impress as much as scotland will

Lawson quoted saying that he really wants to impress, he has played once at ibrox and won and would like to keep that record he says.

And also wants to prove things to his celtic manager.

You said earlier he'd be fired up for this game but was that not the problem against Clyde? Their players were giving him verbals about playing for Celtic (who they knocked out of the Cup) and he reacted. He let himself and the club down against Clyde and we can't afford a similar scenario on Wednesday. IMO there is two guys in the squad (McLaren and Sheridan) who deserve to start ahead of him.

What about Hardie up front as by all reports Rangers are poor on cross balls.

Possible but I think we could focus on good deliver at set pieces and Hardie just getting forward to support when he can. Pace will probably hurt them more. What I would say is Owen needs to be prepared to haul Jason off if he's not gonna track back and work hard; we need to defend from the front.

I too wouldn't have Sheridan anywhere near my starting eleven on Wednesday. He looked off the pace against Partick Thistle, we'd be carrying him against Rangers. He'll never play in the SPL, Lawson has a bright future there. Seems a no brainer to me...

Halliwell

Lawrie Anderson McManus Stanic

Milne Scotland

Someone mentioned we were trying to get more tickets. Is that still the case?

Problem is, Rangers have already got season ticket holders in areas where they can extend the segregated section for away fans. Unless all those who hold season tickets have sent their ticket for Wednesday back to the club, then there is no way they can safely give us more tickets unfortunately. Clyde had the same problem last year when they went to extra time against them.

We probably could have sold another 500 judging by the amount of grief there has been over our allocation.