York City

fazman1977

You must have a terrible memory then as he limped off with a physio and an under 20 coach carrying him and didn't play for the senior team for weeks. Your blind hatred of County is pathetic.

Do you know who de leeuw is?? As he ran off I said how gash he was and Don said he's normally tremendous

You're thinking of the young guy who got melted in our box as we stood and gave cooper pelters

Your hatred of saints is pathetic

Edited by TommyTurnersTache

Hopefully shuts up the guy sitting beside me who said he had no faith in him,had several decent saves,although punched a couple he could've held

Banks had a reasonable game against a fairly poor side today but is well past his sell by date.

I take it the memories of Dundee United and Aberdeen have faded are you honestly saying that he gives realistic

competition to Mannus  ??

Banks had a reasonable game against a fairly poor side today but is well past his sell by date.

I take it the memories of Dundee United and Aberdeen have faded are you honestly saying that he gives realistic

competition to Mannus ??

Never said he was anything more than decent back up, the Arab game he was at fault for 1 goal, 3 were deflections , then had 3 clean sheets.I take it you don't blame Ando, or Mackay for any of the semi goals?

Never said he was anything more than decent back up, the Arab game he was at fault for 1 goal, 3 were deflections , then had 3 clean sheets.I take it you don't blame Ando, or Mackay for any of the semi goals?

Well we will just have to amicably disagree on this but I am with the guy sitting next to you on this one. 

I would quote you langtoon but the quote is not working (any boffins know why??)

Mannus had 2 long term injuries last season, the most he has ever had in a season. Think we ended up okay last season did we not. I would rather have Banks kicking his heels on the bench than Zander who is at an age where he needs games.

yep, had a great record last season when he had to play.

Maybe on paper. Any goalkeeper would have kept a clean sheet in the Forfar and Ross county games, didn't have a save to make in either. Also cost us the Dundee United game and the semi final.

Maybe on paper. Any goalkeeper would have kept a clean sheet in the Forfar and Ross county games, didn't have a save to make in either. Also cost us the Dundee United game and the semi final.

Never cost us the semi final. Clean sheet at Aberdeen when he was highlighted on the highlights as being the stand out.

Wouldn't say he cost us either game. He was poor for one oof the United goals.

He slipped at the goal kick for the first Aberdeen goal. Surely you can't blame a guy for slipping on a soaking wet pitch. Also folk forget how bad a game Cuptie had that day. I would say he was as much to blame as Banks.

Wouldn't say he cost us either game. He was poor for one oof the United goals.

He slipped at the goal kick for the first Aberdeen goal. Surely you can't blame a guy for slipping on a soaking wet pitch. Also folk forget how bad a game Cuptie had that day. I would say he was as much to blame as Banks.

If my memory serves me right it wasn't even that he slipped, the ball blew as he went to kick it, pretty much nothing you can do to stop that!

will they have any fans ?

155 apparently, which I found a little disappointing as I'd hoped we'd bring 200, but realistically it's not bad for a 500-mile round trip + overnight stay for a friendly. One mate of mine had slipped out of the house at 7.00am after casually saying to his wife "d'you mind if I nip over to the football this afternoon?" and neglecting to mention it wasn't the five-minute walk to Bootham Crescent he'd be doing. If he missed the 5 o clock train south, I imagine he may now have difficulty walking at all.

As for the game itself, I think most contributors above are near enough, even if one or two are a bit harsh in their assessment of City. It's certainly the case that the main reason for our failure to score was our notable inability to hit a cow's arse with a banjo but that doesn't of itself make us a bad team; it makes us a team that failed on the day to turn some good chances into goals in contrast to Tuesday when we did just that.

Of course our team has been built to compete effectively in the fourth tier of English football, and that won't always be pretty (actually it will probably never be pretty), but going four and a half months unbeaten from January to May shows that we're not too far from getting it right.

That said, we've signed 7 or 8 new players over the summer who will struggle to fill the gaps left by the loss of Nick Pope and Lanre Oyebanjo, and there were several changes made compared to the team that won so convincingly at Stark's Park on Tuesday.

Despite the rough edges that were there for all to see on Saturday, I'm cautiously optimistic that we've got a side capable of mounting another decent play-off challenge this season.

Simply seeing City play at McDiarmid made Saturday a great day for me, and I wasn't too disappointed that family harmony was maintained by the honours being shared. I was delighted too by the reports from my fellow Minstermen of the warm welcome they'd received wherever they went in Perth.

To return home on Sunday and find the cup final DVD on the doormat was the icing on the cake.

Edited by Grovesred