Stevie May

Hardolez21

Why all the hostility? Obviously nothing has been finalised yet, but the rumours at our end are that it'll be done by the end of the week, with us allowing Stevie to play in the European game on Thursday.

Just intrigued to find out a bit more about our future signing from those who have watched him week in week out.

Why all the hostility? Obviously nothing has been finalised yet, but the rumours at our end are that it'll be done by the end of the week, with us allowing Stevie to play in the European game on Thursday.

Just intrigued to find out a bit more about our future signing from those who have watched him week in week out.

Apparently Stevie's dad was saying yesterday that Stevie wasn't going anywhere and that he didn't want to move. Still some way to go in this saga yet I think.

He plays better with a strike partner, but he can play on his own aswell. He does need to work on his in game awareness - at times it's excellent, at times he's greedy and runs down blind alleys.

If you're going 4-5-1 with Stevie, you'd be as well playing him wide left with a good linking striker up top. He's played there quite a few times for us and has scored goals from there too.

Good afternoon all, Miller here.

As it looks likely we will be signing Stevie May before the end of the week, I was just wondering how he plays up front as a lone striker? As we are not a 'big club' in the Championship as some like to think we are, my guess is we will be playing 4-5-1 away from home more often than not, and wondered how Stevie would cope up top on his own.

In a 4-4-2 formation at home with Alex Revell alongside him winning 80% of the headers lumped up towards him I could see a beautiful partnership with him and Stevie forming, can't wait for the new season to get started!

All the best for the upcoming season.

He wanders aimlessly all over the park expecting others to do the donkey work and then poaches a goal within the 6 yard area. An individual rather than a team player you are welcome to him as he cannot play more than one game a week as he is injury prone and forever on the treatment table. Not exactly a carthorse more a one trick pony. We will give you some money to take him off our payroll as he is taking a wage without earning it.

Just watch his second goal in the Scottish Cup semi final and you will see how well he can work off another player...as soon as he wins the header he takes off on the run that is excellently picked out by MacLean.

He can also play one up front as has reasonable pace, good strength and is direct...prepared to have a dig from anywhere as well (which can sometimes be frustrating for his team-mates!)

Apparently Stevie's dad was saying yesterday that Stevie wasn't going anywhere and that he didn't want to move. Still some way to go in this saga yet I think.

He plays better with a strike partner, but he can play on his own aswell. He does need to work on his in game awareness - at times it's excellent, at times he's greedy and runs down blind alleys.

If you're going 4-5-1 with Stevie, you'd be as well playing him wide left with a good linking striker up top. He's played there quite a few times for us and has scored goals from there too.

Thanks for this, wasn't aware of this from his dad, it'll be interesting to see how things unravel over the next few days!

Would obviously love to see this lad in a Millers shirt, has bags of potential by the sounds of it, be interesting to see how he would cope with the step up to the Championship. However it sounds like he's capable of scoring from anywhere on the pitch!

Thanks for this, wasn't aware of this from his dad, it'll be interesting to see how things unravel over the next few days!

Would obviously love to see this lad in a Millers shirt, has bags of potential by the sounds of it, be interesting to see how he would cope with the step up to the Championship. However it sounds like he's capable of scoring from anywhere on the pitch!

The Championship is not that much of a 'step up' from the SPFL.

I will however give you that the quality of the opposition may be consistently higher on a week to week basis

There's a video on youtube of his 27 goals from last season if you fancy a look. There's a lot of variety in there - tap ins, penalties, couple of screamers from outside the box... only 1 header though. In the 18 months previous to last season, he scored 45 goals in the lower leagues in Scotland too and I believe he holds the record for highest goalscorer in our Championship with 26 league goals. He's still quite raw, but his all round game has come on massively.

He's shite the only reason he scored 27 goals last season is because he is playing in a pub league.

You'd be better trying your luck with Rory Fallon.

Great player when he played for us last season, didn't get a chance and was released, Crawley snapped him up quickly and he didn't look back

Apologies if the 'step up' comment caused offence, not intended!

Just with the amount of money being spent in the Championship these days (Ross McCormack, Jordan Rhodes etc.) I think people tend to see it as 'stronger' when it may not be entirely true.

It's sad that Scottish football doesn't get the recognition it deserves, you do have some outstanding players playing in your league (Stevie being one of them), however if it means we can poach him away for just a million pounds I'm not one to complain!

Just with the amount of money being spent in the Championship these days (Ross McCormack, Jordan Rhodes etc.) I think people tend to see it as 'stronger' when it may not be entirely true.

It's sad that Scottish football doesn't get the recognition it deserves, you do have some outstanding players playing in your league (Stevie being one of them), however if it means we can poach him away for just a million pounds I'm not one to complain!

To be fair....in one off games, many of the SPFL teams would hold their own against Championship sides...however, I do believe, with the exception of Septic, most would struggle to maintain a real challenge over the course of a season. That would probably be down to the size and depth of quality within the squads

I think you have hit the nail on the head perfectly. Championship prices are inflated, but even without this the reported 800k is well below what many would consider even a fair market price. St Johnstone suffer as an u fashionable club in our media, in media in the uk and even despite our cup win, our stars still get nowhere near the comparative price of a similiar player down the road at Dundee United. Many around here are in total disbelief at the saga. We all expected Stevie to leave at some point, just for a heck of a lot more money.

But with all that said, I don't believe he will be with you.

theres a lot going on behind the scenes between both chairmen regarding fees ,add ons etc

whats puzzling a lot of saints fans is that mays perfectly happy at saints , so why is our chairman not just trying to sell him but sell him on the cheap

even if a fee is agreed may will knock the move back