Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The idea of better together may have had merit, but their relentless preying on individuals' fears based on ignorance, or rather not having access to the facts, and their pedalling in some cases of downright lies did them no credit. Yes, the Nats view is 'better together' in Europe, but they were only a part of the Yes campaign. Not all of us campaigning were Nats though, and the SNP and I diverge in several areas.

A minority of xenophobes will decide nothing unless the neo-liberals pander to UKIP. Then there will be a problem. Scotland is already moving in the opposite direction to the rest of the UK, and given the chance, I'm sure the rest of the UK would move in the opposite direction to London and the South-East. Therein lies the root of the problem.

I still don't think another referendum is the way to go, but it would certainly be a quicker to achieve the result. A lot of work would have to be done between now and any IndyRef2 possibly in a very short space of time. I know it's a sweary word on WAP, but having the "infrastructure" in place would go a long way to help the cause, especially as I think the campaign would be much shorter next time; maybe as short as 6 months. Educating the population is key.

Edited by Denzil

Despite being bitterly disappointed with the NO result, it's time to take it on the chin & get on with it! Had the vote gone the other way with the same percentages I would have been cock a hoop, so the NOs should be feeling the same! However, the 'genie is out of the bottle' things will never be the same again! Lib Dems, unelectable due to their 'union' with the Tories! Labour unelectable for the exact same reason.

The sight of Labour & Tories punching the air and 'high fiving' after the result will be a step too far for many.

I can see 'alliances' being made between all the 'Indy' parties in an effort to have a strong Independence presence at Westminster. David Cameron! I'd be afraid very afraid!

The idea of better together may have had merit, but their relentless preying on individuals' fears based on ignorance, or rather not having access to the facts, and their pedalling in some cases of downright lies did them no credit. Yes, the Nats view is 'better together' in Europe, but they were only a part of the Yes campaign. Not all of us campaigning were Nats though, and the SNP and I diverge in several areas.

A minority of xenophobes will decide nothing unless the neo-liberals pander to UKIP. Then there will be a problem. Scotland is already moving in the opposite direction to the rest of the UK, and given the chance, I'm sure the rest of the UK would move in the opposite direction to London and the South-East. Therein lies the root of the problem.

I still don't think another referendum is the way to go, but it would certainly be a quicker to achieve the result. A lot of work would have to be done between now and any IndyRef2 possibly in a very short space of time. I know it's a sweary word on WAP, but having the "infrastructure" in place would go a long way to help the cause, especially as I think the campaign would be much shorter next time; maybe as short as 6 months. Educating the population is key.

The "preying" on individuals fears really only happened in the last couple of months of campaigning when Cameron was seriously shitting his pants about losing a vote he thought was a shoe in.,Jesus, when you need Gordon Brown on your side, you should know theres a problem.

I completely agree scotland is moving in a completely different direction from the majority of the population in england, ie the SE, that is why i was happy to poke my head above the parapet and say as a previous NO voter, Id seriously consider changing that vote.

I get a feeling most of the rest of the UK feels the same.

Darling standing down at the next election. I would imagine he thinks he will not get voted in anyway. Think there will be a few joining him.

Murphy standing down as cabinet minister because he loves Scotland. He probably wont become Labour leader in Scotland as he does not have the union vote.

By the way Darling thinks there will be another referendum in a few years.

dementia has not set in -you wait and see --would you move to another country when it happens ?

If it did happen, and it is as likely as Scotland winning the world cup and retaining it, would the last person to leave please switch the lights off.

c'mon Scumdee was the the most pro YES city in the country.

Gort, is simply showing how he is so is much out of touch, city wise he was in the minority, then again as a Dee, hes been in the minority footie fanwise for the last 30 year anyways.

True, these **** are taking over Dundee. As for the vote Dundee and Glasgow were YES and Aberdeen and Edinburgh were for NO. Let me try and guess why.

I'd hardly call Salmond selfish...afterall how many ministers do you know that donate one third of their salary to charity?

45% of the scottish people certainly bought into independence...many are still continuing the campaign!

In which way do you believe Alex Salmond is ignorant or an odious man?

Independence binned, Salmond couldn't sell it and is blaming everyone else but himself. What a selfish, ignorant odious man.

The preying on individual fears started immediately as the campaign begun when Alastair Darling stated that Scotland could'nt use the pound....well we all now know how that turned out!

The "preying" on individuals fears really only happened in the last couple of months of campaigning when Cameron was seriously shitting his pants about losing a vote he thought was a shoe in.,Jesus, when you need Gordon Brown on your side, you should know theres a problem.

I completely agree scotland is moving in a completely different direction from the majority of the population in england, ie the SE, that is why i was happy to poke my head above the parapet and say as a previous NO voter, Id seriously consider changing that vote.

I get a feeling most of the rest of the UK feels the same.

I'd hardly call Salmond selfish...afterall how many ministers do you know that donate one third of their salary to charity?

45% of the scottish people certainly bought into independence...many are still continuing the campaign!

In which way do you believe Alex Salmond is ignorant or an odious man?

45% of those who voted not 45% of the Scottish people. There is a difference so let's not cloud your vision too much

45% of those who voted not 45% of the Scottish people. There is a difference so let's not cloud your vision too much

It works out at 37.8% of the registered vote.........4 years into a Bullingdon Tory Austerity government......following 13 years of multiple wars.....with the SNP in Holyrood for 7 years......and the  biggest most fantasticist debate the world has ever seen... pure total groundswell...er.....movement of the people....er......yearning for freedom, er...... mass politicisation and politicisation of the masses.............yet still significantly short of 4/10.........smell the coffee Nats its over for at least a generation!

It works out at 37.8% of the registered vote.........4 years into a Bullingdon Tory Austerity government......following 13 years of multiple wars.....with the SNP in Holyrood for 7 years......and the  biggest most fantasticist debate the world has ever seen... pure total groundswell...er.....movement of the people....er......yearning for freedom, er...... mass politicisation and politicisation of the masses.............yet still significantly short of 4/10.........smell the coffee Nats its over for at least a generation!

The majority that swung the no vote were the feart pensioners, after all the lies told!, in fact they are so feart that they have not taken down their tax discs yet, just in case it comes back and affects their pension.

The preying on individual fears started immediately as the campaign begun when Alastair Darling stated that Scotland could'nt use the pound....well we all now know how that turned out!

That argument is as ridiculous as Darlings. Of course scotland couldve continued to use the pound, however. without having any economic control of the value of currency, they might have aalso used magic beans instead. if the nats had tied into using the euro, which of course they couldnt given the recession, it wouldve been mightly differnet.

They might of also gone down the route of a scottish currency, again politically with the "scottish" banks furckin up the wider UK economy, wasnt really an option.

The idea of the "YES" preying on individual fears for the last few years, when the nats have done that for the last 40 years, is yet another over simplification of a far wider question