Managerial Merry-Go-Round

HOODLUM65

Neil Warnock appointed interim manager of the Sheep.

This, from X (formerly Twitter)

>>>
"I was going to start next week but the lure of taking over for a game like tomorrow night is too good..." Neil Warnock wants to "have a little bit of fun" after being appointed interim Aberdeen manager.

<<<

"A little bit of fun", eh?Β 

Strange thing to say.Β  Can't wait...

5 hours ago, HertsAgain said:

Neil Warnock appointed interim manager of the Sheep.

This, from X (formerly Twitter)

>>>
"I was going to start next week but the lure of taking over for a game like tomorrow night is too good..." Neil Warnock wants to "have a little bit of fun" after being appointed interim Aberdeen manager.

<<<

"A little bit of fun", eh?Β 

Strange thing to say.Β  Can't wait...

From his perspective I think it's brilliant. Football should be fun and he's taking a job because he wants to enjoy it. He's earned his money from the game and now he's taking jobs purely based on what excites him, rather than what will pay him the most. Nothing wrong with that at all.

From an Aberdeen perspective I think it shows how far they've fallen from the McInnes days when they were pretty much the best team in Scotland outside the Old Firm and seemed to be a club with a long term vision. Now they seem to just be a bit of a mess (just like most of the other clubs in the league, really).

Great to see D*ck Campbell back in management with East Fife.Β  Did a great job at Arbroath, taking them as far as they probably could go.Β  The game needs characters like him.

Edited by HertsAgain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...