Sports Direct Fc V St Johnstone 28/10/14

rik2304

No one in the team looking to take the bull by the horns to create something in midfield. Everyone is quite happy to pass the ball 2 yards and hope someone else will do it.

Oh come on Tommy. "They put a lot into the game" we can't just keep working hard! We actually need to produce some quality now and again.

Edited by PerthSeany

Do Saints players practice shooting anymore? If so, we should sack those that are coaching them. A school kid could shoot better than most Saints players.

Truly awful to watch on TV, I feel sorry for the Saints fans who went to the game. I won't be at Friday's game due to work and to be honest I'm glad. I think we will struggle to get 2,500 at the game

So poor tonight and will sound like a knee jerk reaction but we urgently need some sweeping changes

For some time Graham is feeding of poor balls and is so isolated if he does win the miracle ball he cannot get anyone into play. Crying ft is taking up a wage of someone who can contribute to a team. The only players who can walk away happy is Graham and Millar

Tommy has a big couple of weeks coming up

We're more than a dozen games into the season and our set up/ tactics have been very defensive in nearly all our games only trouble is we cannot defend!....just because we get players back behind the ball...no one is marking or able to tackle and win the ball, no one is able to play more than one pass without giving away possession with too many backwards passes putting either our midfield players or defenders under pressure! I've been watching this since the start of the season and can see this, so how can our manager and coaches not see this?

Dreadful second half. I can't fathom how we've managed to go from where we were in May to where we are now at the arse end of October.

Terrible. I feel sorry for the Saints fans who went to that tonight and also the game on Saturday, paying a fortune out of blind loyalty. They certainly wouldn't have gone expecting entertainment.

Only one with the ability to deliver the ball into the box... Subbed. I thought the same thing. Caddis didn't even touch the ball.

I'm honestly infuriated after watching the second half after work.

So little quality it's unreal.

Lappin`s corners were poor & he kept hitting the first man any time he had possesion resulting in Sevco breakaway.

Croft was the same although he was there to cover Wallace.

Easton probably had his worst game for Saints.

Tommy too negative which was the right idea up to 60/70th minute but he should have put McFadden on for Lappin at about 65 minutes.

Rangers were there for the taking  if we had a winger that could deliver.

McDonald brings very little to the team, he hides away, wont take responsibility and quite frankly just got in the way tonight. Dreadful that we didn't harry them, certainly didn't look like scoring and didn't want to shoot. Brian Graham must feel pretty isolated. O'Halloran needs to learn to pass to others in a better position. Chris Millar for me was the one who at least showed that he wanted to win. Mannus didn't do anything wrong either, whereas their goalie must be thinking what an easy night he had. Motherwell will be having much more hope of 3 points on Friday after tonights terrible performance which seems to follow on the back of equally awful performances.

chances wise we had them in the first half and failed to take them.

Second half rangers stepped it up and started pressing a bit more.

Defence seems to be sorted and big improvement on a  few weeks ago,  Don't see there being a need for sweeping changes but we need to start scoring goals.

Oh surprise surprise we sit through 90 mins and a MacDonald hater steps in slagging the guy off.

Edited by mainstand

chances wise we had them in the first half and failed to take them.

Second half rangers stepped it up and started pressing a bit more.

Defence seems to be sorted and big improvement on a  few weeks ago,  Don't see there being a need for sweeping changes but we need to start scoring goals.

Oh surprise surprise we sit through 90 mins and a MacDonald hater steps in slagging the guy off.

Half full again MS.

We get nothing offensively from the middle of the park with and/or MacDonald/Millar/Brown. Millar contributes well in terms of playing it to the "more forward thinking" players but none of them are capable of sliding a through pass in behind or striking it from outside the box. It's all very limited offensively.