Aberdeen V Saints 1/1/15

The ghost of Jim Morton

That statement really is ridiculous.

"We had intelligence that a number of risk St Johnstone fans and other fans not associated with your club were intent on causing trouble before, during and after the game".

Really? Ive been following Saints for years and have not seen any significant trouble at any games for a good number of years now. Were they expecting hoards of Millwall and Chelsea casuals to travel up to Aberdeen on New Years Day to sit in the St Johnstone end?!

What a joke.

Just got this response from Aberdeen FC after I emailed them about the shite at the match...

Aberdeen V St Johnstone Club Statement

We have had a number of complaints from fans regarding their visit to Aberdeen Football club on January 1st, whilst we apologise for the predicament you may have found yourselves in can I  give you some background to the day which may assist.

Aberdeen Football Club had received legitimate intelligence that a reasonable number of St Johnstone risk fans and perhaps other fans not necessarily involved with your club had planned to travel to the game with the intent of causing disruption before during and after the game, This is not unusual for us to gather this information and our primary concern thereafter is to ensure the safety and wellbeing ofboth sets of fans, players and officials.

We decided the best plan was to contain the fans at the rear of the stand to ensure there wasn’t a chance of a pitch incursion’s etc. , unfortunately some seats had already  been sold further down to the front of the stadium  before we had received the intelligence, but for our containment to work we had to ensure that area was kept sterile and unfortunately fans were restricted or asked to  move, some fans accepted this but others decided against this, so our only alternative was to move them  back or in this case eject those who refused.

With regards to holding fans back at fulltime, this was taken for the safety of the St Johnstone fans, 317 away fans with only 1 bus did not equate, We did not want the innocent fans perhaps being involved in melees outside the ground with the risk supporters and our fans, you will agree we could not announce this over the PA we could only announce that we were holding back, we had a stop watch on the containment at the end and it was actually 9 minutes

I hope this clarifies any issues and again, we apologise that you were caught up in an incident that was out with our total control.

Somewhat pish poor excuse and NO WAY was it 9 minutes.  Mind you, at least the resonded..

Was going to give a heads up regarding this yesterday, but held off until I had my facts correct.

I can now confirm 100% that the content of the letter received from Aberdeen is complete and utter pish.

The events they make comment to and reasoning for their actions in the text were non-existent.

I cannot in the position I am in give my identity away, however, If someone else wished to challenge the content under the "freedom of information act" with AFC they could.

The events they allude to and reasons given are in the past, divulging the reasons for their actions makes no difference now.

Obviously sources will be removed however content should not.

Happy hunting to anyone who feels strongly enough or obstinate to take up the fight. :cool:   

saintee sheep freedom of information applies to public bodies and has no power as far as aberdeen is concerned

I had a good chat with the stadium manager at aberdeen who explained the reasoning behind the seating and the lock in.

The main reason for both being down to intelligence received by police and others relating to a group of people who were going to the match to cause trouble

he was pretty open about it and has advised that a much bigger area will be available for the next game. He has also no time for muppet stewards and has already kicked out 6 this season for their attitude etc. They did bring in some of the stewards that worked at mid to help on reflection accepted that was not that helpful.

oh and the ladder used at the end by fans to escape has been removed.

Edited by mainstand

I had a good chat with the stadium manager at aberdeen who explained the reasoning behind the seating and the lock in.

The main reason for both being down to intelligence received by police and others relating to a group of people who were going to the match to cause trouble

he was pretty open about it and has advised that a much bigger area will be available for the next game. He has also no time for muppet stewards and has already kicked out 6 this season for their attitude etc. They did bring in some of the stewards that worked at mid to help on reflection accepted that was not that helpful.

oh and the ladder used at the end by fans to escape has been removed.

Feck me, are  you now an Aberdeen apologist. :shock:

As for a bigger area next time, well that's a bit late. I won't be going back and I know of quite a few others who always go up who are  not going back either.

Feck me, are you now an Aberdeen apologist. :shock:

As for a bigger area next time, well that's a bit late. I won't be going back and I know of quite a few others who always go up who are not going back either.

that broken record that you play is getting like you gordon fekn boring.

no apologist just stating what the guy said. as I said to him to travel 250 and pay 24 quid for that seat and that treatment was not acceptable.the guy actually agreed.

Edited by mainstand