Joma

dave mc

That's pretty much all the article does say!

And I guess the reason they're using that photo is because they don't have any of the new kit so used a picture with loads of other strips in it...because the articles about Saints strips.

Not really difficult to come to that conclusion

Most recent image too as thats the one from the deal with TTL and Joma again being announced.

Although the groundsman could have modelled the socks.

-------------------------- The groundsman wears an old Surridge top, and surridge tracky top......so best leave him out of it....... :)

Club announcing anything ahead of schedule is a plus IMO. Well done

Intrigued to find out the sponsorship situation. Well done to the club if they've managed to recruit a fresh shirt sponsor, and also introduce one for the shorts at the same time.

New money.

wonder if we have a new shirt sponsor but broon likes having his name on the strip. shorts it is?

Yeh good going to get 3 strip sponsors, but I hope the club make some available to buy without the sponsors on. Strips look so much better without them... Apparently celtic and some teams down south provide this option.

Can't see that happening. It kind of defeats the purpose of 3 companies all paying big chunks of money to have their logos on the strips if that's the case, as the ones with no sponsor will no doubt be more popular and sell more. Sure you're not thinking of the kids replicas? They can't have alcohol logos on them these days so are just sold with no sponsor instead.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Surely the sponsor is paying for the exposure from tv, newspapers and magazines mostly. They want to be associated with a successful sports team, not some fat middle aged guys singing and getting pissed in their tops!!

You're right with the kids ones. Celtic apparently also offer the adult one for the same price without the sponsor, could be on religious grounds for those that don't want alcohol branded on the shirt. I thought some EPL clubs offered them as well, but could be wrong.

I've always felt a sponsor doesn't pay me to advertise them, so why should I wear a shirt with their name on?!

I don't for a second begrudge Saints filling the strip up with sponsors, it's all income for the club after all. But I think supporters should get the option to show their support of the team in a shirt that also looks decent. Even if they cost a fiver more. Unfortunately strips filled up with logos don't look nearly as good...

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2006/11/09/482382.html

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/05/17/you-want-to-play-for-metz-get-your-a-levels-first/

Surely the sponsor is paying for the exposure from tv, newspapers and magazines mostly. They want to be associated with a successful sports team, not some fat middle aged guys singing and getting pissed in their tops!!

You're right with the kids ones. Celtic apparently also offer the adult one for the same price without the sponsor, could be on religious grounds for those that don't want alcohol branded on the shirt. I thought some EPL clubs offered them as well, but could be wrong.

I've always felt a sponsor doesn't pay me to advertise them, so why should I wear a shirt with their name on?!

I don't for a second begrudge Saints filling the strip up with sponsors, it's all income for the club after all. But I think supporters should get the option to show their support of the team in a shirt that also looks decent. Even if they cost a fiver more. Unfortunately strips filled up with logos don't look nearly as good...

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2006/11/09/482382.html

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/05/17/you-want-to-play-for-metz-get-your-a-levels-first/

Being the fresh-faced young whippersnapper that I am, I've only ever known football tops to have sponsors on them. It might sound a bit strange but seeing ones without a big logo across the chest just kind of looks a bit bare to me! It's just what I'm used to, that's what's normal, I don't know any different so I don't mind having them on shirts that I buy.

I can see why tops with no sponsor would appeal though, especially if you grew up before it became commonplace in the game.

And I guess that TV, newspaper, online exposure will be the main selling point for potential sponsors, but the fact that these shirts are being flogged to punters will also be figured into the equation as well. By selling the tops to us, the club are essentially providing the sponsors with thousands of walking billboards spread across the city, country, and the world. It's all exposure, whether it's being worn by a small kid or by a fat drunk guy, and if I were a sponsor shelling out cash on a deal then I personally wouldn't like it if alternative shirts were offered without my branding on them.

It's only a matter of time until club crests becomes 'just another logo' on a football top covered in sponsors though. The players will start looking more and more like F1 drivers, wearing one big branded logo mess.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

It is already the case in many countries - looks at some of the kits puebla have had - http://puebla80s.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/coleccion-playeras-puebla-fc.html scroll to bottom

I'm not that old either but I still think Hearts' sponsorless home top this season was a beaut. Needs the right kit to make it work though or it looks like teamwear.

Been selling shirts for a while now, and have over 3000 in my collection. When i sell a shirt with tonnes of patches, and sponsors, arm badges and all that......it tends to go for more. People love the shirt to, almost, look like a cycling shirt!

It is already the case in many countries - looks at some of the kits puebla have had - http://puebla80s.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/coleccion-playeras-puebla-fc.html scroll to bottom

I'm not that old either but I still think Hearts' sponsorless home top this season was a beaut. Needs the right kit to make it work though or it looks like teamwear.

Some horrible shirts there!

As I scrolled through I thought that coca cola wouldn't sponsor them after I saw one with Pepsi on it. Then I got to the end and got a surprise haha

Being the fresh-faced young whippersnapper that I am, I've only ever known football tops to have sponsors on them. It might sound a bit strange but seeing ones without a big logo across the chest just kind of looks a bit bare to me! It's just what I'm used to, that's what's normal, I don't know any different so I don't mind having them on shirts that I buy.

I can see why tops with no sponsor would appeal though, especially if you grew up before it became commonplace in the game.

And I guess that TV, newspaper, online exposure will be the main selling point for potential sponsors, but the fact that these shirts are being flogged to punters will also be figured into the equation as well. By selling the tops to us, the club are essentially providing the sponsors with thousands of walking billboards spread across the city, country, and the world. It's all exposure, whether it's being worn by a small kid or by a fat drunk guy, and if I were a sponsor shelling out cash on a deal then I personally wouldn't like it if alternative shirts were offered without my branding on them.

It's only a matter of time until club crests becomes 'just another logo' on a football top covered in sponsors though. The players will start looking more and more like F1 drivers, wearing one big branded logo mess.

What you say makes sense, but i still don't feel anyone should be a walking billboard for companies if they don't want to be, and should have a choice. The fact that you say you prefer a shirt with a logo, and myspazz says they sell better when logoed up, shows that it really is down to personal taste. I'm surprised at this, as I thought it would be the same for most, and that sponsors were just seen as a necessary evil.

The formula one/cycling tops and those ones on the puebla80's site are exactly my worries*. No problem with the team wearing it, but why on earth would supporters want to?!!! Agree with jiangsu that this seasons hearts top was the best in scotland by a mile.

* having said that, the top well down the page that has corona over the shoulders, and Doritos underneath the number is a piece of marketing genius!!

What you say makes sense, but i still don't feel anyone should be a walking billboard for companies if they don't want to be, and should have a choice. The fact that you say you prefer a shirt with a logo, and myspazz says they sell better when logoed up, shows that it really is down to personal taste. I'm surprised at this, as I thought it would be the same for most, and that sponsors were just seen as a necessary evil.

The formula one/cycling tops and those ones on the puebla80's site are exactly my worries*. No problem with the team wearing it, but why on earth would supporters want to?!!! Agree with jiangsu that this seasons hearts top was the best in scotland by a mile.

* having said that, the top well down the page that has corona over the shoulders, and Doritos underneath the number is a piece of marketing genius!!

I agree with you on much of this. Personally I prefer subtle and non branded stuff. I'd love a non sponsored saints top and I'm almost sorry that the sponsors logo hasn't fallen off this seasons away kit.

It's far from just a football/sport phenomenon however. Big logos appear to be in, or at the very least people don't seem to mind. Look at companies like Bench, Gap, Fenchurch & the like. Their clothes(And many other brand's) are basically adverts for the brands.

A Saints shirt without a sponsor might as well be a QoS shirt. I don't want people to make that judgement of me. Sponsors make the jersey. Hopefully if this seasons shirt is bespoke if will stand apart from other Joma shirts.

While on holiday as a young un' wearing the Bukta shirt with the double pin stripe I was mistaken for a Millwall fan until they saw the Grouse sponsor. 

Less well known teams need that extra bit of branding to make them recognisable.

The fact that you say you prefer a shirt with a logo, and myspazz says they sell better when logoed up, shows that it really is down to personal taste. I'm surprised at this, as I thought it would be the same for most, and that sponsors were just seen as a necessary evil.

I might be in the minority though, I don't know. I also wouldn't necessarily say that I specifically prefer something with a sponsor on it, but it's just normal to me for a football kit to have one, so I don't have any issue with buying/wearing it. It wouldn't seem complete without it, almost like it's fallen off in the wash  :laugh: 

Without a sponsor on it, an off the shelf top (which Saints tops these days essentially are, no matter how much they tell us they're bespoke) just looks like a training kit or a Sunday league team or a fives top bought from JJB.

All down to personal preference though, as you say.

It's a bit like a registration plate on a car...they don't always fit in with the design, some even spoil the look completely...would you rather it wasn't there, probably yes, but it's a standard part of the car and seeing one without would seem strange, no matter how much it may improve the look. In my eyes the sponsor logo on a football top's the same.

A Saints shirt without a sponsor might as well be a QoS shirt. I don't want people to make that judgement of me. Sponsors make the jersey. Hopefully if this seasons shirt is bespoke if will stand apart from other Joma shirts.

While on holiday as a young un' wearing the Bukta shirt with the double pin stripe I was mistaken for a Millwall fan until they saw the Grouse sponsor.

Less well known teams need that extra bit of branding to make them recognisable.

Nooooo!!!!!!

You're saying we identify teams by who sponsors them????

I always look at the crest if I see a top I don't recognise. It's so sad that the most prominent part of a club's strip is the sponsor. I remember wearing a saints top in America and being asked which league 'bonar' played in!! Thinking back, walking about with 'bonar' emblazoned across my chest probably got a few chuckles in the days of beavis and butthead!

I don't think the similarity with other clubs' strips is unique to Saints. There are lots of strips that are similar and you have to look closely at: sheffield united, brentford, Southampton and sunderland. This season QOS was basically the same as ours as it was the same manufacturer and same colours. It's got the saints crest on though and that's enough for me.

Do you think AC Milan fans get pissed off when people always ask them if it's a Saints away shirt they're wearing? :)

Edited by PauloPerth

Without a sponsor on it, an off the shelf top (which Saints tops these days essentially are, no matter how much they tell us they're bespoke) just looks like a training kit or a Sunday league team or a fives top bought from JJB.

I guess they can do, but personally I'd be happy with this shirt with a Saints badge on:

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/playing-shirts/359-joma-tek-shirt.html

(Especially if they made it in the right shade of blue!!)