Dundee United Are Shite!

Jimmy Wallace

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

Watching some of the defensive mistakes I think Celtic could have quite easily taken a good few off us, some of the same basic mistakes of not tracking men in the box - we are fairly accustomed to a crumble these days too.

Yep, I could very easily see the same result happening to Saints this season, which is why I'm keeping well away from gloating!

Personally I think United should give Jack Ross time. He's still very new there. That said, I am really surprised at the situation they're in - they seemed to really push the boat out over the summer with some good/expensive signings, and I'd expected them to be much stronger this season.

57 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Yep, I could very easily see the same result happening to Saints this season, which is why I'm keeping well away from gloating!

Personally I think United should give Jack Ross time. He's still very new there. That said, I am really surprised at the situation they're in - they seemed to really push the boat out over the summer with some good/expensive signings, and I'd expected them to be much stronger this season.

Ross given his jotters  rather than any time, manager no 5 in 4 years being hunted.

Read one message on Arab forum. (Only one honest)

Apparently "Managers with short names tend to be more successful than those with long names."

Mixu Paatelainen and Jackie McNamara being given as examples. 

Jack Ross one letter less than Jim McLean and Tam Courts, it continued. 

So much for the Posters theory.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I’m not one for knee jerk reactions, but the month of August for JR must break all records? 

There are certainly questions over this whole debacle within our managerial structure.  Ashgar recruitment has been impressive, Neilson, Shankland, Mellon, Courts, Mulgrew, Levitt, Fletcher, contributing to club’s position improving year on year, despite pandemic….then this??????  Who knows what went wrong, I’m just hoping the JR episode is an aberration and this squad can now get their season going.  There should be no rush to bring in a new face, Fox has been there for a while, a few weeks of stability would be my choice.

4 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

I’m not one for knee jerk reactions, but the month of August for JR must break all records? 

There are certainly questions over this whole debacle within our managerial structure.  Ashgar recruitment has been impressive, Neilson, Shankland, Mellon, Courts, Mulgrew, Levitt, Fletcher, contributing to club’s position improving year on year, despite pandemic….then this??????  Who knows what went wrong, I’m just hoping the JR episode is an aberration and this squad can now get their season going.  There should be no rush to bring in a new face, Fox has been there for a while, a few weeks of stability would be my choice.

How many new players arrived since the previous Manager left and how many arrived during JR'S stint?

With the Champions League money Celtic and Rangers are getting the gulf in resources is only going to widen. Heavy defeats like this could unfortunately become quite normal. Perhaps 9 is more than most teams would lose but not surprising given recent bad results for United. Saints lost 7-0 in 2019 and 2022. This kind of result shouldn't be season defining. Brutal for goal difference and bad for morale but I predict many teams getting a 5, 6, 7 nil defeat this season again.

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

How many new players arrived since the previous Manager left and how many arrived during JR'S stint?

Brigatti, Fletcher, Levitt, Middleton, McGrath, Behich, Sibbald, Anaku, all arrived.  Some of them on very creamy contracts! 

left: Kevin McDonald, Lewis Neilson,  Bengi Seigrist, Connelly, (loans, Chalmers, Glass, Mochrie, Fotheringham)

21 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Brigatti, Fletcher, Levitt, Middleton, McGrath, Behich, Sibbald, Anaku, all arrived.  Some of them on very creamy contracts! 

left: Kevin McDonald, Lewis Neilson,  Bengi Seigrist, Connelly, (loans, Chalmers, Glass, Mochrie, Fotheringham)

Cheers Smarmy.

8 new signings!

Reckon only 2 of those who left have weakened your team.

Edited by HOODLUM65

10 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Whit's your average attendance Smarmy

On 8/30/2022 at 7:50 PM, Rob said:

With the Champions League money Celtic and Rangers are getting the gulf in resources is only going to widen. Heavy defeats like this could unfortunately become quite normal. Perhaps 9 is more than most teams would lose but not surprising given recent bad results for United. Saints lost 7-0 in 2019 and 2022. This kind of result shouldn't be season defining. Brutal for goal difference and bad for morale but I predict many teams getting a 5, 6, 7 nil defeat this season again.

My first away match was to Tannadice............ we lost 7-0

The results happen in our league ....has always been the way. 4-0 v the oF is a good result!

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...