Athens Saint

sixties saintee

Saints Chat came before us, then BH before that.

We wouldn't go down the donations route. It's been kicked around before but we decided against it for a variety of reasons.

I'll probably try to bring a discreet level of ads back at some stage. They weren't too intrusive before and covered the hosting fees usually.

Jamie, many thanks for the answers you have given, I am not stupid enough to take on the running off the site and am sure that I along with many Saintees appreciate that you do. And also aware what goes into running and maintaining it.

However due to my beliefs I will always fight for what I see are injustices, in my Shop Stewards days  when members had issues with Management the first question I asked that person was to tell me the truth in the matter so I could then try to gather the facts  and then take it forward.

It is not my style to be confrontational or demand answers as anyone who has any dealings with myself will tell you all I do is gather the facts and try and find common ground to get a agreed outcome and move forward. In my time I won well over 70 % of the Issues for  People I represented, but there are people who do not help themselves.

Thanks for unbanning Athens hopefully he will have learnt his lesson this time.

Just to go back to my previous post - as far as I can tell from searching back the archives we started on February 28 2006. So the ten-year anniversary will come around next year!

Hate to say you are havering again, but the first people to register on here were on the 19th November 2005 :laugh:

-------------------------------------------

Seems longer than 2006! Just thinking back i cannot for the life of me work out how i came to know about WAP.... must have been googling "St Johnstone".

aa

@Jamie, would it be useful for folk to donate? I realise that that in itself then has a plethora of "problems". I always thought that WAP Barossa St paid the bandwidth. Maybe one sponsor out there could pay? And talking of exiles and money............maybe Invest In Perth would be interested!! :)

If @Athens makes it back, that'll be great. Well liked guy..... whose productivity at work must have shot through the roof the past couple of months!!

@ejksjfc you are a saintee.... you can be a highland saint (they are the REAL cool guys, i think they are anyways!), or you can be an Edinburgh Saint.... an Exile....or even a Young Team..... there are no leaders in any of those "clubs" as far as i am assware...

I am, always have been and always will be a Saintee. I am just a wee bit long in the tooth to qualify as a member of the Young Team although I do admire the great job they do. Geographically I think I would struggle to qualify as a Highland Saintee although my mother is from Tain so could qualify through her.I have spent many hours in the Polwarth in the company of Edinburgh Saintees and in fact we shared a bus to Dumfries last season

-------------------------------------------

Seems longer than 2006! Just thinking back i cannot for the life of me work out how i came to know about WAP.... must have been googling "St Johnstone".

aa

@Jamie, would it be useful for folk to donate? I realise that that in itself then has a plethora of "problems". I always thought that WAP Barossa St paid the bandwidth. Maybe one sponsor out there could pay? And talking of exiles and money............maybe Invest In Perth would be interested!! :)

If @Athens makes it back, that'll be great. Well liked guy..... whose productivity at work must have shot through the roof the past couple of months!!

@ejksjfc you are a saintee.... you can be a highland saint (they are the REAL cool guys, i think they are anyways!), or you can be an Edinburgh Saint.... an Exile....or even a Young Team..... there are no leaders in any of those "clubs" as far as i am assware...

I am, always have been and always will be a Saintee. I am just a wee bit long in the tooth to qualify as a member of the Young Team although I do admire the great job they do. Geographically I think I would struggle to qualify as a Highland Saintee although my mother is from Tain so could qualify through her.I have spent many hours in the Polwarth in the company of Edinburgh Saintees and in fact we shared a bus to Dumfries last season.I am proud of our wee diddy team and my comments should not be taken as a criticism of anyone

Really? The welcome to WAP post is from feb 2006? Could those registration dates have come across from the previous forum?

If you click on Members and then on Join Date you will see loads joining in November 2005. 

Also the first post in the Mods section is dated 06/01/2006 and started by Pezza70.

Ahhhh AthensSaint ...... what have you been doing with all the spare WAP time you were left with? Has productivity increased? You signed up to Fakefooks.com.......... welcome back!

I can feel the seethe of some around here through the internet ... ! Haha, Goodwill to all ;)

Edited by MySpazz