Oh those halcyon days, Old Saints Pic's !

sainties sheep

Was looking through an old box of photographs and found this. Does anyone recognise themselves.

Game was the Saintes v Aberdeen New Year game on 2nd January 1969. Saints won 3-1, we were a top 6 club that season also. Picture is from the PA on 3rd January.

I'm the kid with their legs over the wall and the woolly hat on, eleven days before my fifth birthday.

Looking for the same result on 03/01/2016 47 years and 1 day later ! 

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.1881b9cffe10eac3a4ef7

Anyone with any other old pics ! :cool:

Incredible to think that our wee club is 130 years old, and hard to imagine those regulars who watched in the 1910s, 1920s and so on..... so much history, so many people whose team was St Johnstone. We really are just the custodians for now..... great pic. MON THE SAINTS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ST JOHNSTONE SHIRTS - SALE  Every order from WAP will get a freebie or two thrown in free...... >>> VIEW ALL AVAILABLE ITEMS <<<<
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by MySpazz

Were they not at the corner by the Ice Rink end, remember there being a gate on the pitch there and the big sliding doors to the Dunkeld Road

If I remember correct they went out the gate at the Town end, and against Celtic and the now extinct team that used call themselves Rangers the cars were right down the stand side .