Saints v Celtic. Wed. 11th May K-O 7.30pm

Would also like to thank the 2 stewards on duty in the tunnel area under Ghostie for their concern and understanding tonight when I had 1 of my horrendous cramp attacks. They allowed me the time to walk it off without the threat of being thrown out if I didn't sit down which is what the plonker on duty last time kept telling me!!

What was Ghostie doing on top of two stewards :shock:

Guest ScottMann

Not booking Griffiths is one of the most unreal things I've ever seen in Scottish football. Doubtless the Old Firm loving media will either not mention it or praise Collum for a bit of compassion, but the bottom line is that little runt has ruined numerous games by living by the rue book when he could have shown some common sense. Of course though the first time he decides to ignore such a massive breach of the rules it's in Celtic's favour. My blood is still boiling.

Not booking Griffiths is one of the most unreal things I've ever seen in Scottish football. Doubtless the Old Firm loving media will either not mention it or praise Collum for a bit of compassion, but the bottom line is that little runt has ruined numerous games by living by the rue book when he could have shown some common sense. Of course though the first time he decides to ignore such a massive breach of the rules it's in Celtic's favour. My blood is still boiling.

Media supporting Collum on this was for showing common sense on this occasion. Not sure what criteria he was using when the goalie held the ball outside his area.

Am I the only one not bothered that Griffiths wasn't booked? I'm glad Collum, for once, used some common sense.

Am I the only one not bothered that Griffiths wasn't booked? I'm glad Collum, for once, used some common sense.

It's a stupid rule, and I can understand why he wasn't booked.  The point is that if Macca had done it he would have been booked without a shadow of a doubt.  

The intentional handball outside the box by the keeper was even worse for me.  That's surely an automatic yellow?

Edited by montrosesaintee

Not bothered ,as at the end of the day it makes no difference but there is no more stickler for the rules than oor wullie & twice in the game he didnt enforce them.

I dont think its the fact he did not book him its the fact it was such a blatant breach of the rules which Collum holds so dear to his heart and the Thumb is hellbent on breaking.

Loved the quote from Grffiths last night " I just got my head down and worked hard and never let my head go down" ?????/

It's a stupid rule, and I can understand why he wasn't booked.  The point is that if Macca had done it he would have been booked without a shadow of a doubt.  

The intentional handball outside the box by the keeper was even worse for me.  That's surely an automatic yellow?

I wouldn't say it was an intentional hand ball outside the box, he's coming to gather the ball and his momentum carries him over the line. Free kick yes, yellow would be harsh. What does it really matter who got booked for them etc... we won, end of. 

I wouldn't say it was an intentional hand ball outside the box, he's coming to gather the ball and his momentum carries him over the line. Free kick yes, yellow would be harsh. What does it really matter who got booked for them etc... we won, end of. 

It's the goalkeeper's job to not handle outside the box!

How can you be so sure a Saints player would have been booked if the situaton was the same? Perhaps Collum saw a father celebrating a pretty big achievement with his young son as a reason to leave the cards in his pocket. To be honest, given the circumstances, I'd have probably been annoyed if he was booked. 

Lets not forget that Macca's celebration could have been interpreted as a bookable offence.

I just saw a poor refereeing display, not "pro Celtic" just bad but the Griffiths incident was one of the better decisions made.