I Wouldn't Give Tommy Money Either

Mr Dennis Wise

Thanks for the reasonable replies latterly, rather than the smart ass ones. My first post made no reference to Tommy's ability as a manager, which is very good. I don't blame the chairman for being wary of giving him money though. As Broon says, the players he signs are rarely as good as the ones already here.

Anyone who is happy with what Tommy has done in the market needs a reality check.

What manager in the league do you reckon has an acceptable transfer record? 

Excluding Celtic for obvious reasons

Edited by RandomGuy

I would not put a figure on it but it needs to be less players that don't fall into these categories.

1. Crocks.
  2. Never play
  3. So bad they get paid off.

If we look at Aberdeen this season for example they brought in;

Stockley,Lewis,Alexander,Morris,O'Connor,Storey,Burns and Maddison.

I'd argue that only Lewis has made a real impact.

More locally, Dundee brought in;

El Bakhtaoui, Williams, O'Hara, Gomis, Vincent, Duffy, Teijsse, Dryden, Colquhoun, Loy, Curran, Allan and more recently Haber.

Not many influential figures there.

Some of them were influential enough to play their part in handing us a 3-0 defeat :)

Especially Haber. Not saying that I'd want any of them at Saints.

So what you are really saying is you would sack him. If you don't trust someone you would then really need to sack him - no!!!!

Where did I say that? Tommy is a great manager but I wouldn't be giving him money to waste in this window.

I'm not talking about players making an impact, just them not being crocked, invisible or so bad that they get paid off. Other managers being poor doesn't make up for anything. The SPFL is a lot poorer now then when managers like Craig Brown and Lomas were in it anyway.

Where did I say that? Tommy is a great manager but I wouldn't be giving him money to waste in this window.

I'm not talking about players making an impact, just them not being crocked, invisible or so bad that they get paid off. Other managers being poor doesn't make up for anything. The SPFL is a lot poorer now then when managers like Craig Brown and Lomas were in it anyway.

Wow,was with you to last sentence. Now know you are on a wind up. Where are they now ?.

So are you saying that you would be happy if the club made no effort try and bolster the squad at all until the summer? What should be done about the positions that quite obviously need strengthened?

Strengthening is required when you don't have a position filled. Tommy can put out a full team and subs on Saturday. Obviously he needs money when a player leaves and he did well to replace O'Halloran for example but don't give him money when he doesn't need it as he usually wastes it.

He doesn't need a striker for example as he already has 3. If MacLean left he would and then give him money. In those situations he does OK. When he doesn't need a player he seems lazy with his signings.