Saints tv

BrechinSaintee

14 hours ago, St. Paddy said:

Have paid for 3 games this season (1st time direct to saints ppv), and that was the best product.

Picture available and clear 100% of the game with no buffering, and sound was crisp and consistent.

Only logged in 5 mins to kick off, so cant comment on pre match feed.

I’ve watched every game and never once had any bother with a single feed other than the first home game when the sound was off a bit. 

17 hours ago, akuram said:

Getting error code on I-pad. Tried laptop and it’s now working well. Question is why they have to make things so complicated for people. Now seem to have three sign ins, for Saints tv, for the season ticket tv and now for PPV. 

The PPV site is separate from Saints TV.

There's nothing stopping you just having the same username/password combination for both.

This is so an outside company, who are doing 11/12 clubs PPV streams, can host matches without taking control of Saints TV as a whole, I think.

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

I am sure we were told we would get it as long as the crowds were locked out. 

What we were told we would get is here: https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-tv-live-streaming-faqs

"Season ticket holders will be given access to watch all league matches behind closed doors at McDiarmid Park live via Saints TV."

You still need to be a Saints TV subscriber to get all the extra interviews etc, the same as in previous seasons.

7 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Not Saints related, (tin hat time) . When scrolling on phone, picked up Falkirk (tv) v Clyde. Coverage was good. Alston on as a sub late on and had a 30 yd. piledriver of a free kick hit the underside of cross bar and rebound into play.

I think it was put on facebook due to issues, loads of folk paid for it then could not access it, loads of rants on facebook form fans looking for a refund. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Curious to know if anyone else is finding Chromecast won't work with Saints TV? It's worked fine for me with all of our away games, but for some reason with the Saints version I always encounter problems.

I've found it unreliable too, and switched to using airplay from a spare iPad instead, which has been pretty solid.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Curious to know if anyone else is finding Chromecast won't work with Saints TV? It's worked fine for me with all of our away games, but for some reason with the Saints version I always encounter problems.

When I try it it looks like it's loading then just goes to black screen.

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Mine was working fine until the last few games when all I got on my TV was the Chromecast symbol. For the Rangers game I change from "cast tab" to "cast desktop".  This worked fine except the game continued on my laptop (normally I get a blank screen) and if I cancelled or turned down the volume on the laptop it also affected the volume on the TV. I had to listen to 2 slightly out of sync commentaries. I'm thinking of plugging a set of headphones into my laptop tomorrow to see if that helps. I am easily baffled by any sort of IT so there might be somebody out there that can give you a better solution. 

1 hour ago, Two Js said:

Mine was working fine until the last few games when all I got on my TV was the Chromecast symbol. For the Rangers game I change from "cast tab" to "cast desktop".  This worked fine except the game continued on my laptop (normally I get a blank screen) and if I cancelled or turned down the volume on the laptop it also affected the volume on the TV. I had to listen to 2 slightly out of sync commentaries. I'm thinking of plugging a set of headphones into my laptop tomorrow to see if that helps. I am easily baffled by any sort of IT so there might be somebody out there that can give you a better solution. 

As far as I can tell, there's an issue with regular casting and the system they have in place to stop people sharing accounts. Don't expect them to fix it. 

Screen sharing your device to the Chromecast with headphones plugged in is a reasonable workaround. 

5 hours ago, Two Js said:

Yep that sounds very similar to the problem I've had. Where do you change the "cast tab" to "cast desktop" option? 

What I find odd is that it seems to be only Saints TV that has this issue, even though other clubs are using the same system/provider.

7 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Yep that sounds very similar to the problem I've had. Where do you change the "cast tab" to "cast desktop" option? 

What I find odd is that it seems to be only Saints TV that has this issue, even though other clubs are using the same system/provider.

When you click on "cast" a box appears giving an option on where you want to cast to. At the bottom of this box is a drop-down list labelled "Sources".  Options are "cast tab", "cast desktop" and "cast file".

I'm with you - I only have this problem with Saints TV and all other clubs TV works fine. @california_saintee  may be right about trying to stop people sharing the accounts.  I started casting from the St Johnstone homepage and it was fine until I clicked on to play the video and it cut out.

3 hours ago, Two Js said:

When you click on "cast" a box appears giving an option on where you want to cast to. At the bottom of this box is a drop-down list labelled "Sources".  Options are "cast tab", "cast desktop" and "cast file".

I'm with you - I only have this problem with Saints TV and all other clubs TV works fine. @california_saintee  may be right about trying to stop people sharing the accounts.  I started casting from the St Johnstone homepage and it was fine until I clicked on to play the video and it cut out.

Brilliant, thank you. I'm going to give this a go today. My back-up plan is to go old school and just connect my laptop to the TV physically with an HDMI cable.

2 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

There isnt a single sentence of this conversation I have understood.

Well that's everything I know about watching Saints TV, and I would not be in the least bit surprised if someone told me I have been posting a load of rubbish.

1 minute ago, Two Js said:

Well that's everything I know about watching Saints TV, and I would not be in the least bit surprised if someone told me I have been posting a load of rubbish.

Your solution worked perfectly for me today, by the way - first time in ages I've been able to cast a home game to my TV with zero problems. Pity the game was awful!

34 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Your solution worked perfectly for me today, by the way - first time in ages I've been able to cast a home game to my TV with zero problems. Pity the game was awful!

I'm glad it worked.  I found the solution while drunkenly messing about on the laptop during the Rangers game.