Player contracts and transfers

David123

Possibly i mis heard and it was Stephen Doris mabey he is in our price range :wink: , the real problem with this leaked bit of information is the mention he is Scottish. Is there any good strikers that are scottish and in our price range ? 

Dobbie would be far too expensive for us nowadays. If he did return, it would arguably be the best moment of my life.

He's probably on about 20k a week in Canada...

Won't be remotely close to that, but still out of our range. He's under designated player status so only $175,000 of his salary counts towards the salary cap.  That's still about 2,000 GBP a week, even that would rule us out. I suspect he's on around $400,000 a year as a DP, so around 4,500GBP a week.  

Did I miss Lee Miller being released by Carlisle? 

I think the only realistic option is Iwelumo ..... he's 35 so don't really know how I feel about that one.

Scotland would've been a much better option IMHO. 

Apparently Tony Watt i not settling in Belguim and i looking to get back to play in Scotland - Celtic dont need him so with TWs friendship with NL -it could be a possibility.

I thought Watt was back at Celtic before Christmas? Bit of an attitude problem seems to be why he never settled in Belgium. Good player but I don't think an attitude like he's rumoured to have would do the squad any good. 

I thought Watt was back at Celtic before Christmas? Bit of an attitude problem seems to be why he never settled in Belgium. Good player but I don't think an attitude like he's rumoured to have would do the squad any good. 

The Belgian league has a break over the Winter, so he was using the Celtic facilities to keep fit. Neil Lennon has said he wants him to stay in Belgium until the end of the season, and the loan deal can't be ended unless Celtic decide to end it, so he seems set to stay with them

Watt has a horrendous attitude problem. No thank you.

Yup. The Lierse boss calls him lazy, unfit and immature, and says he wants him gone. Neil Lennon calls him immature, in need of a reality check and without a future unless he works harder, and doesn't want him at his club. Why anyone would touch him is beyond me

Yup. The Lierse boss calls him lazy, unfit and immature, and says he wants him gone. Neil Lennon calls him immature, in need of a reality check and without a future unless he works harder, and doesn't want him at his club. Why anyone would touch him is beyond me

You could say the same for most Scots from an outsider's perspective. Paul Le Guen being a prime example. Too many pro's making a trip to McD's after training etc!

You could say the same for most Scots from an outsider's perspective. Paul Le Guen being a prime example. Too many pro's making a trip to McD's after training etc!

I think  Watts beyond the usual though. The stories of him getting coked up and completely hammered during the day are seemingly true, and rather regular

Its already been discussed that we couldn't play Tony Watt if we signed him, as he's already played for two different sides this season. Unless I'm misunderstanding that rule

I think you can get special approval from Uefa/Fifa if the loan was ended by Celtic and they could make a sufficient argument that his development would be improved playing for a third team this season.   Has Watt actually played for Celtic this season though? Thought he was sent on loan in August? 

The Belgian league has a break over the Winter, so he was using the Celtic facilities to keep fit. Neil Lennon has said he wants him to stay in Belgium until the end of the season, and the loan deal can't be ended unless Celtic decide to end it, so he seems set to stay with them

Ah, I misunderstood. Just looked into it and he played in Lierse's pre-season a few days ago against Heerenveen and scored twice.  Maybe Watt & the Lierse coach have kissed & made up?

I think you can get special approval from Uefa/Fifa if the loan was ended by Celtic and they could make a sufficient argument that his development would be improved playing for a third team this season.   Has Watt actually played for Celtic this season though? Thought he was sent on loan in August? 

Ah, I misunderstood. Just looked into it and he played in Lierse's pre-season a few days ago against Heerenveen and scored twice.  Maybe Watt & the Lierse coach have kissed & made up?

He played against Ross County and Inverness this season, he also played against Cliftonville in Europe. And I doubt we'd succeed, as we failed to get Bowerman eligible. Celtic don't seem to want the loan to end anyway

And Watt seems to be a fairly important player for Lierse, and is probably considered a starter. The fact that only Celtic can end the loan, and they don't want to, means that the Lierse boss thinks he might aswell use him if hes stuck with him