Change of date for Dundee home game

Real Madrid

We have moved the date of the Dundee home game in April

I am sure some will be happy with a Sunday afternoon rather than a Tuesday however I am not. My youth team may be playing in a cup final that day. Why issue a fixture list then change it at this point

Fron the official site

CHANGE OF DATE FOR VISIT OF DUNDEE

1 FEBRUARY 2007

Agreement has been reached with Dundee FC to change the date of the match between Saints and Dundee at McDiarmid Park.

The game was scheduled for the evening of Tuesday 3rd April but has been brought forward to Sunday 25th March with a 3pm kick-off. Scotland have a home game against Georgia the day before.

St Johnstone Managing Director Stewart Duff says, "We feel this switch away from the midweek evening will be to the benefit of both sets of supporters and we would like to thank the Directors of Dundee Football Club for their co-operation in this matter."

Glad someone is, e-mail will be sent to Mr Duff tonight to register my complaint with this

I hope the Dundee Youth FA accept a letter for an early kick , however if they schedule the final for that afternoon some of our players could be forced to miss a big game for either Saints or Gannochy

You beat me to it!

The benefit of the switch could, all going well, potentially allow Saints to close the gap to 3 points with Gretna having to travel to Airdrie for the respective fixture on the 3rd. It would also allow Saints to play every weekend til the end of the season and hopefully maintain momentum on a winning run :D

Who knows, Dundee could be the team that helps us to win the league :shock:

I am happy with this too. The club can not arrange games to suit everyone, so what good is a letter of complaint going to do ?

I am sure that there would have been fans missing this game with it being mid-week, those who have to travel for instance, so these people are going to make this game now with it being at the weekend.

Glad someone is, e-mail will be sent to Mr Duff tonight to register my complaint with this

I hope the Dundee Youth FA accept a letter for an early kick , however if they schedule the final for that afternoon some of our players could be forced to miss a big game for either Saints or Gannochy

I'm sure Mr Duff will read your e-mail, just before he consigns it to the recycle bin. Bigger crowd(more cash) on a Sun avo is the main reason behind this move i'd expect.

I am happy with this too. The club can not arrange games to suit everyone, so what good is a letter of complaint going to do ?

I agree it makes sense financially to have the game at a weekend, however my point that the clubs do not arrange the games , but a fixture list was issued in June of 2006 by the Scottish Football league.

In some ways I hope we all have to get used to these changes as when we make the SPL games are moved to Mondays etc at very little notice

I agree it makes sense financially to have the game at a weekend, however my point that the clubs do not arrange the games , but a fixture list was issued in June of 2006 by the Scottish Football league.

In some ways I hope we all have to get used to these changes as when we make the SPL games are moved to Mondays etc at very little notice

I completely understand your frustration, but fixtures are subject to change. Perhaps a mildly worded note to the club asking them to consider such issues in future would be better than a stroppy letter. Either way, knowing Duff, he will almost certainly either ignore your letter or write back saying you are a moaning b****** who is not a true fan. In my experience he doesn't take criticism well, no matter how well meant or constructive.

I read this after I had sent Mr Duff the following e-mail

Whilst I fully understand the financial reasons behind moving the Dundee

game in April to the last Sunday in March I for one am not a happy season

ticket holder. I help to run Gannochy under 19's who have qualified for a

local cup final which may be played on that Sunday. As the team consists

of 3 season ticket holders and a further 3 programme sellers the boys and

myself may be faced with a very difficult choice should the Dundee and

District FA select that date for their cup final

My main complaint is that if a fixture is issued in June by the Scottish

Football league and is then relied on by season ticket holders (your

customers) at what point can you change dates.

I dont think I am being over critical and hopefully we dont get given that date for our cup final and I can get an early kick off that afternoon or a free day

Real Madrid, with all due respect, I think you're totally in the wrong about this. I appreciate that this fixture change inconveniences you personally but can you not appreciate that many more people will benefit from this fixture change? The date was changed for the greater good - the club will benefit and most of the fans will benefit. It must be disappointing for you that you might have to miss this match but unfortunately these things happen. It's to the benefit of the majority of St Johnstone fans.

Emailing the club about it is silly and futile. What do they care if you can't go when they're going to benefit with a larger crowd? Fixture lists are always subject to change - I know this personally as I lost money on flights I had booked after a Sunderland game was moved by Sky at late notice. I didn't email Sky or the Football Legaue about it because what would be the point? The fixture list is not gospel and never has been.

Agree with Dev here.

Although i wonder if in the PA tomorrow there will be a notice saying the game is to be moved back to midweek as 6 people cant go! Maybe the midweek game didnt suit me and now it does , so thats only an extra 5 people we have to find to make up for you "maybe" not going.

Anyway Saints v Dundee or U19 game, come on not much choice is there.

And also going on from this point what is your thoughts on rearranged matches due to bad weather?

Real Madrid, with all due respect, I think you're totally in the wrong about this. I appreciate that this fixture change inconveniences you personally but can you not appreciate that many more people will benefit from this fixture change? The date was changed for the greater good - the club will benefit and most of the fans will benefit. It must be disappointing for you that you might have to miss this match but unfortunately these things happen. It's to the benefit of the majority of St Johnstone fans.

Emailing the club about it is silly and futile. What do they care if you can't go when they're going to benefit with a larger crowd? Fixture lists are always subject to change - I know this personally as I lost money on flights I had booked after a Sunderland game was moved by Sky at late notice. I didn't email Sky or the Football Legaue about it because what would be the point? The fixture list is not gospel and never has been.

Agree 100%. Also, from your email, where you say "which MAY be played on that sunday" it looks as if the date is not fixed for your cup final, so should yo not be appealing to the Dundee & District FA NOT to place the cup final on that date ?

Agree 100%. Also, from your email, where you say "which MAY be played on that sunday" it looks as if the date is not fixed for your cup final, so should yo not be appealing to the Dundee & District FA NOT to place the cup final on that date ?

I think they would change the date as it effects both clubs, i.e perth & dundee clubs

I read this after I had sent Mr Duff the following e-mail

Whilst I fully understand the financial reasons behind moving the Dundee

game in April to the last Sunday in March I for one am not a happy season

ticket holder. I help to run Gannochy under 19's who have qualified for a

local cup final which may be played on that Sunday. As the team consists

of 3 season ticket holders and a further 3 programme sellers the boys and

myself may be faced with a very difficult choice should the Dundee and

District FA select that date for their cup final

My main complaint is that if a fixture is issued in June by the Scottish

Football league and is then relied on by season ticket holders (your

customers) at what point can you change dates.

I dont think I am being over critical and hopefully we dont get given that date for our cup final and I can get an early kick off that afternoon or a free day

Dibs on the season ticket!

If Real Madrid can be so selfish then so can we.

We travel from Fife for every game and cannot make most of the midweek evening matches. We would all have had to choose between taking the day off or missing the match.

Glad we don't have to make this decision.

Do need a passport to travel all the way from Fife seeing as it takes that long to get here you have to take a day off.

What happenes if we have a couple of players in the Scotland squad, will we have to change it back to Wednesday :wink: .

We travel from Fife for every game and cannot make most of the midweek evening matches. We would all have had to choose between taking the day off or missing the match.

Glad we don't have to make this decision.

How do you travel?

Nowhere in Fife is more than 45 to 60 mins away from McD.

while I have every sympathy for anyone adversely affected by the date change, I am absolutely delighted! I'm in Paris the week of the original fixture and realised by bad planning on my part that I was going to miss two home games. So it's down to one now.... any chance of getting the weekend game moved too!? 8)

I am surprised at some of the reaction my posts have had on this.

Anyway I will try to answer as many points as I can

Sorry if I have come over as selfish, if thats the case then I am sorry, I am just a little hacked off about possibly missing a very big game

Saint Paul wrote:

I think they would change the date as it effects both clubs, i.e perth & dundee clubs

Unfortunately the other team are Forfar Albion so they may have no interest in this game

Anyway Saints v Dundee or U19 game, come on not much choice is there.

And also going on from this point what is your thoughts on rearranged matches due to bad weather?

Yea no choice if we are in the cup final that day I will be at the 19's game

and yes I know games get called off but not many are rearranged for a Sunday afternoon. I would have loved to have gone to Firhill just before New Year and now due to work like many I am not sure if I can make that game, but yea I will just have to accept it

Emailing the club about it is silly and futile. What do they care if you can't go when they're going to benefit with a larger crowd? Fixture lists are always subject to change -

I know , your correct. The Directors are only looking out for the best interests of the club, well the financial ones anyway. When we make the SPL I accept that this will happen all the time, games will be played on a Saturday morning, Sunday afternoon and even a Monday night, fans are going to be pissed off but as the club will get money then we will have to accept it. I know the club will not care if I am there or not, someone else will get the use of my ticket (unless we are not allowed to do that) so I suppose it will not make any difference to them. I dont expect to get a reply to the e-mail and was probably still wound up about last night when I logged on at lunch time at work and posted.

Do need a passport to travel all the way from Fife seeing as it takes that long to get here you have to take a day off.

What happenes if we have a couple of players in the Scotland squad, will we have to change it back to Wednesday :wink: .

maybe Fifefan does not have access to a car and has to use public transport. I would imagine it would not be so easy to say get to Perth from say Cellerdyke by bus