Anyone needing tickets?

Pat McGroin

Long term forum reader..new member...never posted..but...

Trying to get the tickets I needed for the Galatasary game failed at first as..being a  season ticket holder in the east stand...and my partner wanting to go with me...I tried online to get the seat next to me..by the time online opened some rat (LAUGH OUT LOUD) had already bought it.

So...I bought two tickets for the Ormond.

Means my season ticket holder seat in the east stand is likely to be unfilled. Emailed the club to say they could resell my seat but of course heard nothing back....not unexpected as I suspect the emails may be in the many thousands. Shame....seems like a waste of a revenue chance even if one seat is small beer.

Have never missed a home euro night...........since way back as a teenager at the very first euro campaign.

35 minutes ago, Calluna4u said:

Long term forum reader..new member...never posted..but...

Trying to get the tickets I needed for the Galatasary game failed at first as..being a  season ticket holder in the east stand...and my partner wanting to go with me...I tried online to get the seat next to me..by the time online opened some rat (LAUGH OUT LOUD) had already bought it.

So...I bought two tickets for the Ormond.

Means my season ticket holder seat in the east stand is likely to be unfilled. Emailed the club to say they could resell my seat but of course heard nothing back....not unexpected as I suspect the emails may be in the many thousands. Shame....seems like a waste of a revenue chance even if one seat is small beer.

Have never missed a home euro night...........since way back as a teenager at the very first euro campaign.

so you are trying to sell your ST seat?

Not at all.....I invited the club to resell it. I am not looking for money just don't like my seat sitting empty when fans are unable to get in. Would happily allow someone in to sit in my seat FOC..but it is a senior concession ticket.

Having invited the club to resell it, and having no idea if they did, its probably unwise now to give it to someone for the night and have no idea if they will find the seat already occupied.

Morning everyone,

Here we go again,

Desperate for a ticket and after 3 days of phoning and getting nowhere I don't hold out much hope from the club; can anyone help out?

If anyone has a last minute call off or a potential spare ticket please drop me a line. I'm going to drive through from St.Andrews this morning if the lines are jammed again. One ticket required.

3 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Morning everyone,

Here we go again,

Desperate for a ticket and after 3 days of phoning and getting nowhere I don't hold out much hope from the club; can anyone help out?

If anyone has a last minute call off or a potential spare ticket please drop me a line. I'm going to drive through from St.Andrews this morning if the lines are jammed again. One ticket required.

Good luck mate... leave early. Who knows what will happen a few hours before game. Go early! Failing that, I guess muirton suite then 208 or Tulloch..

So if there is 500 or so tickets left and folk are still desperate to buy them, then surely it should just be a case of getting through the calls?

Maybe come a certain point, the club would be better just asking any remaining fans to come down to McD and que up to get them? Seems that they are working hard, but the volume of folk wanting via phone might time them out from being able to sell them all.

7 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

So if there is 500 or so tickets left and folk are still desperate to buy them, then surely it should just be a case of getting through the calls?

Maybe come a certain point, the club would be better just asking any remaining fans to come down to McD and que up to get them? Seems that they are working hard, but the volume of folk wanting via phone might time them out from being able to sell them all.

agree completley

8 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

agree completley

I guess the club is assuming most ST's will not buy 10 tickets, so there's a distribution method that way. 500 tickets would only really need 30-50 ST's to volunteer their time on this site I suppose. Not saying it's a great strategy, but it's understandable. Maybe the folk on the phones have PTSD by now.... Shout out to them 

Edited by Melbourne Saint

Just back from McD and managed to get a ticket! Hoorah!

Ticket office was locked but I grabbed one of the guys milling around outside and explained my plight. He went in and then the lovely Bev opened up and sorted me with a ticket.

Place is hoaching with UEFA officials.

5 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Ticket office was locked but I grabbed one of the guys milling around outside and explained my plight. He went in and then the lovely Bev opened up and sorted me with a ticket.

That's amazing news, really pleased for you!

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Quite a few folk St.Andrews there tonight. Could start a supporters bus at this rate.