Saints v Ayr 23rd July

Shibbydoo

If we had one just one of our penalty shootout we would have been in the next round.

Bloody annoying that professional footballers can't score with a free shot from 12 yards. You would think that having failed against Annan they would have practiced them for future games.

"What was wrong with MOH?"  I wasn't at todays game (like Danny Griffin at Gleneagles), but it was clear he is carrying an injury after watching him closely during the second half at Elgin.  He said/shouted for nothing and felt his calves regularly, as soon as he got the ball he passed it (as if he didn't want it).  I could see it, he felt it but Callum did nothing about it.  

13 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Agree about MacPherson, feel he could get caught out against better opposition, but I’m still not against him trying things like that now and again. His diagonals were decent too. The tackles are a worry though. There was one in the first half that made me wince. 

I actually think MacPherson's one of our few positives at the moment. He always looks for the ball, he tries to be positive and look to play a forward pass, and he's one of the few who tries to play with a bit of energy and urgency. Agree that he needs to calm down a bit with his tackles, but at the same time I like that he has a bit of bite in him.

He's still fairly young and in the right circumstances I think he could really kick on and get better over the next couple of years. Whether Saints in our current state will be "the right circumstance"  for that to happen is probably open to serious question though. And I don't think he's going to be the holding midfielder that we still need.

21 hours ago, mainstand said:

The way Callaghan came on after Saints I wouldn't mind if he was a Ross Calleghan tribute act. 

Thought McPherson was good and have always thought he was a decent prospect. Still young but will hopefully get even better as he gets more games. 

Believe there was a burst sprinkler according to what I heard that was the reason for the single bald patch in the centre circle. Park did look in better condition than it was at the last game. But not sure what it looked like from the east stand. 

Sitting behind the dugouts i can assure you Davidson spent most of the second half roaring at them to get going forward and to play it forward quicker. That is the biggest worry if players on the pitch are not listening to the management team. 

@cagey I am sure it wont be anything for you to worry about but Kenny Miller was in the stand and said at half time he was looking for a job. Not sure if he meant in management or as our new striker :laugh:

Wasn't talking about that green bit in the centre circle . There were 3 or 4 bald patches about 2 ft square between that green patch and the east stand.

3 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

Would have been Rangers at Ibrox anyway - just as well we avoided a 10-0 defeat, because the players weren't following instructions, obviously.

Not necessarily. Would probably have been a different ball number so could have got anyone but if it was Rangers it's a big payday missed.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Not necessarily. Would probably have been a different ball number so could have got anyone but if it was Rangers it's a big payday missed.

Just to be pedantic, think we would’ve ended up the same ball number. Think it has the teams in order of the points they picked up and not alphabetically 

390F5DCF-208F-49F5-A67C-881C6793D24C.png

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

No we would have been 16 as it was as PSJ says based on where you came in the groups i.e Dundee, Arbroath and Aberdeen were the top 3 group winners.