Saints v Ayr 23rd July

Shibbydoo

No match thread?

Anyway, let's try focus on the football if only for a few hours.

Assume it will be Parish in goal again.

Is Wright fit enough to start at RWB yet?

Will McGowan go straight into the team?

Murphy surely a stick on starter, as is Mellberg.

Do we have anyone to play up front other than May?

Assuming formation will be the same as it has been.

Would love a convincing performance and result to prove us all wrong but head says that's unlikely. 

McGowan will be waiting on international clearance so unlikely. Wright may start but I'd suspect he'll be on the bench. Not sure what the status of Bair's injury is but I'd suspect he's unlikely to be risked so could be Murphy/May up front?

I think we'll win but the whole performance needs to be a lot more convincing. We could go out and with 5-1 but if the 1 is another soft goal we lose that will be the post-match focus.

I'm pretty worried about this one and expect Ayr to give us a tough match.

Hoping Drey Wright is fit enough to start so that he can get a first team run-out before the Hibs game (and also we could really do with someone other than Gilmour and MOH at RWB). Wonder if we'll go with a front two of Murphy and May with Hallberg behind them? Believe MacPherson is available again so could make up the midfield with Davidson (who I already think we might be using too much).

Will be interesting to see if Cleary comes straight back into the team or if he's still in Callum's bad books.

Ayr have signed a couple of players I've watched quite a bit of at English non-league level, Ben Dempsey and Dipo Akinyemi. Akinyemi in particular is fast, strong and a good finisher - I reckon he might cause us some problems today.

14 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Ayr have signed a couple of players I've watched quite a bit of at English non-league level, Ben Dempsey and Dipo Akinyemi. Akinyemi in particular is fast, strong and a good finisher - I reckon he might cause us some problems today.

I agree with you about Akinyemi, I was hoping we may have had a crack at getting him on board, he looks a natural striker 

26 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

I agree with you about Akinyemi, I was hoping we may have had a crack at getting him on board, he looks a natural striker 

TBH I'm not convinced he's a good enough all-round player for our level. But he certainly knows where the goal is. I'll be really interested to see how he does today.

6 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

TBH I'm not convinced he's a good enough all-round player for our level. But he certainly knows where the goal is. I'll be really interested to see how he does today.

6 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I saw some footage of him and whilst it was a lower level some of his finishing was brilliant, I guess time will tell, but they potentially have a 20 goal striker at their level, where as we could do with a striker 

Looks like Cleary has been forgiven for the red card from the other week.

Would love to have seen Cammy start though

An interesting choice to see Melke wear the captains arm ban for the game.

Edited by pezza70
Left out info